ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (LR) of parents but son doesn’t qualify

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samaygrg

Set (LR) of parents but son doesn’t qualify

Post by samaygrg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:03 pm

Hello friends

We parents will qualify for 10 yrs by mid 2019 but our child doesn’t qualify as he entered late. We do have T1E visa where we all qualify in 2020.

Which way will be the best for us, please help. He though will complete his 7 yrs of legal stay here in by the time we qualify for 10 yrs.

Thank you and looking forward for your help.
Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set (LR) of parents but son doesn’t qualify

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:23 pm

When both parents are granted ILR, an under 18 years old child who was born outside the UK will be eligible for ILR as well
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:14 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:23 pm
When both parents are granted ILR, an under 18 years old child who was born outside the UK will be eligible for ILR as well
Hi Zimba
It’s so good to have your reply my friend, I know how helpful asset you have been to us in the past. Thanks heaps again, for the reply.

I was bit concerned when we go for PEO what can we do for him as he hasn’t completed 10 yrs(can we take his case along in the same time?) or shall we hold his application till we get ILR, can he wait (his existingg visa won’t expire then) and just in case if we didn’t get outcome in the same day and or if we got to wait long and his visa expires then, what how we should proceed?

I’m sorry if I couldn’t make myself clear. Your any thoughts will be helpful.

You have a top day.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 am

Agree with Zimba. Child may apply for SET(F) when both parents have ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:42 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 am
Agree with Zimba. Child may apply for SET(F) when both parents have ILR.
Thank you Vinny.
Appreciated.