ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bahareh12
Newly Registered

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by bahareh12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:25 pm

aka007 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 pm
allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:13 pm
aka007 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:53 pm

I spoke to an immigration lawyer in London. They suggested the super premium service. It can be used by upto 4 unrelated people, sharing the costs. The service is practically on demand and they come out to the customers premises (house, office). For people in a fix like me for FLR(M) that could be an option if there are 3 others wanting to join in.
How much do they charge?
They haven't told me yet said they will call back after confirming they have 4 such requests. But they said if I don't need application prep assistance then there will be an arrangement fee. For Application Prep they will charge their standard fee. I didn't ask as I have already filled my application online.

On a positive note I just called UKVI and inquired about FLR(M) in the new application system. The lady asked me where had I heard about the new system. I said it was in gov.uk news sometime ago (couldn't really quote the link in this thread as it was third party). After putting me on hold the customer service rep came back saying she had spoken to her colleagues, and they were being debriefed about the new system this week. So asked me to call back Friday or next Monday. But she did say that "In general all visa categories which can be applied online now will also be included in the new system starting in Nov".

So fingers crossed FLR(M) is included and only " Visa to join family members in the UK as a dependant" are excluded!
I am willing to join you for super premium service...

jagjitshukla
Newly Registered
India

Post by jagjitshukla » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:38 pm

aka007 wrote:
allyf wrote:
aka007 wrote:

I spoke to an immigration lawyer in London. They suggested the super premium service. It can be used by upto 4 unrelated people, sharing the costs. The service is practically on demand and they come out to the customers premises (house, office). For people in a fix like me for FLR(M) that could be an option if there are 3 others wanting to join in.
How much do they charge?
They haven't told me yet said they will call back after confirming they have 4 such requests. But they said if I don't need application prep assistance then there will be an arrangement fee. For Application Prep they will charge their standard fee. I didn't ask as I have already filled my application online.

On a positive note I just called UKVI and inquired about FLR(M) in the new application system. The lady asked me where had I heard about the new system. I said it was in gov.uk news sometime ago (couldn't really quote the link in this thread as it was third party). After putting me on hold the customer service rep came back saying she had spoken to her colleagues, and they were being debriefed about the new system this week. So asked me to call back Friday or next Monday. But she did say that "In general all visa categories which can be applied online now will also be included in the new system starting in Nov".

So fingers crossed FLR(M) is included and only " Visa to join family members in the UK as a dependant" are excluded!
In the current online application process of FLR (M) do you get the option to just download & print the form and send it via post or you have to compulsory go for PSC appointment booking?

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 pm

jagjitshukla wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:38 pm

In the current online application process of FLR (M) do you get the option to just download & print the form and send it via post or you have to compulsory go for PSC appointment booking?
Yes both options are there.

emNZ
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by emNZ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:05 pm

aka007 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 pm
jagjitshukla wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Yes both options are there.
Hi aka007
I am in the same situation as you and also freaking out at the lack of appointments! My visa expires on the 11th December and I am flying out on the 23rd December.
Is your plan to wait and see what happens on Friday when the new service launches and whether we can book in on FLR M?
Thanks

boopity
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by boopity » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 pm

aka007 wrote:
allyf wrote:
aka007 wrote:

How much do they charge?

I'd be up for the super premium if everything else falls through.

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:03 pm

boopity wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 pm
aka007 wrote:
allyf wrote:
aka007 wrote:

How much do they charge?

I am planning to wait till Friday or even Monday to see if FLR (M) is included in the new system.

Meanwhile just to keep an alternate option open whoever needs to go for superpremium pls Google XXXXXXXX of London. Go to their Family and Spouse visas tab and call the no. You may not get to speak to the same person as I but tell them you are aware that others have contacted their firm for super premium service and cost sharing. Once a group is formed we can keep this option as standby asking them to wait for a week.

I tried a couple of other big firms in London today, one was not interested and another one said they will charge £400 per hour as fees for a dedicated person to just sit and book a slot (which proves they don't have backdoor access to the booking system). Quite interestingly I also tried the number on work permit dot com ad which keeps popping up on this website. And they straightaway said they can't help in booking appointments.

emNZ
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by emNZ » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:23 am

I think the company name was blocked?
And just to clarify if we split the cost at about £2500 per person, we don't have to pay the £1643 fee we would have done if you book online?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:27 am

emNZ wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:23 am
I think the company name was blocked?
And just to clarify if we split the cost at about £2500 per person, we don't have to pay the £1643 fee we would have done if you book online?
For super premium service, you pay the service fee AND the visa/ILR application fee and IHS if relevant and you alps likely have to pay the normal premium service fee too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am

Hi All,

I also need to book an appointment for ILR in mid. December. As far as I understand when the news system goes ahead the applicants will only need to provide digital copies of the documents including passports. Does it mean that once we apply and wait for the decision we can travel abroad if the current visa is still valid? Will appreciate any info on this.

Thank you very much in advance.

neilajgaonkar
Newly Registered

Post by neilajgaonkar » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Eagle123 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am
Hi All,

I also need to book an appointment for ILR in mid. December. As far as I understand when the news system goes ahead the applicants will only need to provide digital copies of the documents including passports. Does it mean that once we apply and wait for the decision we can travel abroad if the current visa is still valid? Will appreciate any info on this.

Thank you very much in advance.
No, if you leave the country your application will be deemed withdrawn. The digital bias is to save time in posting and taking care of original documents of 100s of applicants for the Home Office. Only travel after Biometrics Card is received.

bahareh12
Newly Registered

Post by bahareh12 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

boopity wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 pm
aka007 wrote:
allyf wrote:
aka007 wrote:

How much do they charge?

I can share the cost with you if you are willing to go for super premium service

morshed
- thin ice -
Bangladesh

Post by morshed » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Nicki01 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:26 pm
Hi All,

I am new on here so please forgive me if I am not supposed to be on thid topic. I am in a similar situation as Morshed. For the last 3 days I have been trying very hard to get an appt for any psc and to no avail until today. I managed to come across two availabilities at Cardiff for outside of office hours on 13 November and without thinking twice I clicked and managed to get to payment section. The payment went through and I received a confirmation email like the above. However, I was also told that I took too long to book the appointment and have to rebook. I then checked my husbands bank account and found that payment was pending. Can the original person who posted this message please let me know what your outcome was or anyone else who has been in this situation. I phoned a number through the contact us section and quite frankly the lady was very very u helpful and rude. There is no email or helpline to contact, I am tearing my hair out that what if they take the money and we are accepted at the appointment despite them not sending us the confirmation email to notify us of the time and day. Please anyone who has been through this let me know. My husbands visa runs out on 26 November 2018 and we are desperate to get an appointment. We don’t want to apply by post as the thought of waiting so long has put us off big time . I know we may be able to get an appointment at some point but this pending transaction has me worried. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance
Hi Nicki

The payment was taken from my account but I was not sure about the BRN whether it was booked in my name or not. The email I received from HO didn't also confirmed that. So I had to rebook my appointment (this time no payment). To rebook (actually changing date), I had to patiently try again for available slot. It was very frustrating and stressing situation. Once I succeed to rebook an appointment, I got a phone call from a person in HO and asked me which date I want to keep. At that time I realized that the first appointment date was actually booked successfully. However, I wanted to keep the second one (rebooked one) since it was more than 3 weeks earlier than the first date.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by hunterex » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi, does anyone know how/where can we find the online appointment booking website as mentioned in the PDF file above: "2nd November :our partner Sopra Steria will have have their their appointment booking tool live"?

Thank you

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Hopefully it will show up on the Sopra Steria website on the 2nd November.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi just to let you all know that I have successfully booked an appointment today around 1:48 at Birmingham (Solihull) premium centre for15th of Nov.

Just to share my experience I have been trying to book for 2 weeks, however, I only got serious last Friday when I found out the problem with the booking system. Since then I have been checking the appointments like crazy all Friday night and weekend day/night but to no avail. Finally, from Monday morning I started to get some success.
What I have found out that if you start looking for them from 8am onwards till 4:30pm and just keep on looking all the time non-stop, at all the centres you will get them.
In my case I saw a few for Cardiff on Monday morning around 10:30 am although I failed to book it and it disappeared. After that, I saw a few in Liverpool and Sheffield around 1:30 so I try to book but they didn't show me the time and disappeared in 2 minutes. Then I saw a few in Belfast and Croyden around 2:30 and 3:30 however again I failed to book them as they weren't showing the time and even if I manage to find a time slot they were disappearing very quickly. Around 4:30 pm there were slots for Glasgow but the first which I was getting was for 28th Nov which too late for me so I didnt book that. after that, I kept checking them till 9pm on Monday night but nothing appeared.

Today I started to look for them from 9am but there was nothing for next 1 hour after that I saw few in Sheffield around 10:30 but wasnt able to book. I stopped looking for a while and then from 1 pm I again started to look for them as I was confident they will appear around that time. finally got the slot which I wanted.

thanks to all of you who keep posting and sharing their experiences on immigration boards

bahareh12
Newly Registered

Post by bahareh12 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:53 pm

alisattar09 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:42 pm
Hi just to let you all know that I have successfully booked an appointment today around 1:48 at Birmingham (Solihull) premium centre for15th of Nov.

Just to share my experience I have been trying to book for 2 weeks, however, I only got serious last Friday when I found out the problem with the booking system. Since then I have been checking the appointments like crazy all Friday night and weekend day/night but to no avail. Finally, from Monday morning I started to get some success.
What I have found out that if you start looking for them from 8am onwards till 4:30pm and just keep on looking all the time non-stop, at all the centres you will get them.
In my case I saw a few for Cardiff on Monday morning around 10:30 am although I failed to book it and it disappeared. After that, I saw a few in Liverpool and Sheffield around 1:30 so I try to book but they didn't show me the time and disappeared in 2 minutes. Then I saw a few in Belfast and Croyden around 2:30 and 3:30 however again I failed to book them as they weren't showing the time and even if I manage to find a time slot they were disappearing very quickly. Around 4:30 pm there were slots for Glasgow but the first which I was getting was for 28th Nov which too late for me so I didnt book that. after that, I kept checking them till 9pm on Monday night but nothing appeared.

Today I started to look for them from 9am but there was nothing for next 1 hour after that I saw few in Sheffield around 10:30 but wasnt able to book. I stopped looking for a while and then from 1 pm I again started to look for them as I was confident they will appear around that time. finally got the slot which I wanted.

thanks to all of you who keep posting and sharing their experiences on immigration boards
really???????????????

hunterex
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by hunterex » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:08 pm

alisattar09 wrote:

Hi, did you keep checking for time slot every hour? Did you apply under Set(O) category?

sneha87
Newly Registered

Post by sneha87 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:11 am

Hi everyone! I've been trying to get an appointment for the last couple of weeks now after completing the online SET(O) form. And I finally managed to get one half an hour ago at Cardiff! It's for the 8th of November at 8:30am. I was just refreshing the page every 20 minutes or so, so when it first showed me the slots, I couldn't believe my eyes! It first showed me a 1:30pm slot for the 9th, but by the time I clicked on it, it had gone. Then the 8th opened up and I just took the first one I found! It's £75 extra because it's before 9am but oh well.

I'm so relieved! Just wanted to share this because I know loads of people have been trying just like me. Reading about how others were getting appointments made the mindless task of checking time and time again that much easier, so I hope this helps! Hoping all goes well at the appointment now. :)

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:53 pm

All you lucky guys should go to to Vegas. I can't afford to try every hour but I have tried several times during the past 2 weeks, and it never worked for me.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:38 pm

I was checking the slots every minute on my mobile by continuously doing back and save
Yes, I applied under SET(o) category as I am on Tier 2 General.
hunterex wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:08 pm
alisattar09 wrote:

Hi, did you keep checking for time slot every hour? Did you apply under Set(O) category?

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:08 pm

I have been trying to get an appointment last 2 weeks. Lets see whats comes up on Monday 5th November.
I really have high hopes from new system on Monday.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm

kenvac wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:08 pm
I have been trying to get an appointment last 2 weeks. Lets see whats comes up on Monday 5th November.
Hi kenvac,
I think as of Monday, November 5 it will be strictly the online process with the ‘priority service’ through that Process. As far as I am aware the PSC will be closing their doors for ‘premium service’ at the end of November. As of Monday November 5 you are able to get priority service but only when you submit your application online… That’s what I gather..
The only way to get an appointment with the PSC before the end of the month is by waiting for a cancellation ... and jumping on the appointment as soon as it shows up on the website .. this is nearly impossible from what I can see !!

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:05 pm

allyf wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm
kenvac wrote:

Hi kenvac,
I think as of Monday, November 5 it will be strictly the online process with the ‘priority service’ through that Process. As far as I am aware the PSC will be closing their doors for ‘premium service’ at the end of November. As of Monday November 5 you are able to get priority service but only when you submit your application online… That’s what I gather..
The only way to get an appointment with the PSC before the end of the month is by waiting for a cancellation ... and jumping on the appointment as soon as it shows up on the website .. this is nearly impossible from what I can see !!
Allyf, is 200% correct. Getting an appointment before the end of the month will be a miracle to say the least. They have started rolling out the new service. From an ILR(LR) perspective, your new Standard Service is £2408.20 (previous cost £2389) and the new Super Priority Service is £3018.20 (£2999 previously). That means an applicant pays £19.20 extra on both and "most people get a decision on the next working day" says UKVI on the Super Priority Service. Standard is still 6months

Personally this is a step back. Why pay more and wait long for a decision. The two don't link up. I hope others think otherwise.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:05 pm
allyf wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm
kenvac wrote:

Hi kenvac,
Allyf, is 200% correct. Getting an appointment before the end of the month will be a miracle to say the least. They have started rolling out the new service. From an ILR(LR) perspective, your new Standard Service is £2408.20 (previous cost £2389) and the new Super Priority Service is £3018.20 (£2999 previously). That means an applicant pays £19.20 extra on both and "most people get a decision on the next working day" says UKVI on the Super Priority Service. Standard is still 6months

Personally this is a step back. Why pay more and wait long for a decision. The two don't link up. I hope others think otherwise.
Hi Ritchie,
I didn’t realize that the cost went up… Should’ve known better! Have you had a chance to look at the booking system online? My main question at this point is whether it is 28 days before that you can START the online application?…. Or can someone start the online application process now ahead of time as long as the premium service appointment is booked within the 28 days of visa expiry? Or in other words, is the 45 days in advance booking for a priority service still ok.
I don’t know about others but I certainly don’t like the idea of starting an application process online within the 28 days before my visa expires… and I would like to have the priority service booked well ahead of time ! If anyone has tried the new system please let us know😁

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 pm

I tried, although my application date will be end Feb19, saved basic informations and came out.

They will email you link to restart, so go ahead.

Regards