ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring it all in..

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uhd4k
New Zealand

Bring it all in..

Post by uhd4k » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:36 am

Folks,

I have obtained my Tier 1 immigration visa and I am moving to the UK soon. I would like to know what are my entitlements in terms of bringing personal stuff into the UK. As I have a lot of things like household items, clothes, computers, etc, for my family and myself, would I have to pay fees on them like VAT or customs duties? Or do I have some sort of a waver like many other countries have for people settling in? Naturally, I don’t want to go with nothing and re-buy what I already have. I looked online and I could not find any information about the subject, so your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

manilasani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Bring it all in..

Post by manilasani » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:04 pm

Well, sell them and repurchase in UK. I guess this is only the best practical option.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:05 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

uhd4k
New Zealand

Post by uhd4k » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Thank you. That is the information I was after.