ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tight deadline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ambstuc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Tight deadline

Post by ambstuc » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Help please,

I submitted my postgraduate diploma (for GPs with special interest in musculoskeletal medicine with rheumatology) as language proof with my citizenship application. Got a formal letter saying this was not acceptable and I have until 8/11 to submit an orginal of an acceptable language qualification ("otherwise your application WILL be refused"). Have booked language test for 2/11 but Trinity London promise to send the certificate within 7 days, likely taking me over that deadline. Tried to ring Trinity but did not get anywhere. Tried home office helpline, but no good answer either. Any idea how I could ask for extension of this deadline? Any other ideas?

Many thanks for your help!

secret.simon

Re: Tight deadline

Post by secret.simon » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:04 pm

You should write back to them stating that a Post-Graduate Diploma is acceptable as proof of meeting the English language requirement.
Knowledge of language and life in the UK Home Office caseworker guidance wrote: Page 16
Diplomas
Applicants holding a postgraduate diploma, or a graduate diploma from a UK university, are considered to have the required level of English for a settlement or citizenship application.

Postgraduate diplomas are usually abbreviated as PGDip, PG Dip, PgD, PgDip. Examples would be:

• postgraduate diploma in legal practice
• graduate diploma in law
• postgraduate diploma in education
• postgraduate diploma in teaching

A postgraduate diploma, or graduate diploma from a university outside the UK, must have UK NARIC confirmation showing it is comparable to a UK degree, and was taught in English.

You must not accept professional diplomas from either inside or outside the UK, which do not require an undergraduate degree as an entry requirement, for example:
• accountancy
• marketing
• hotel management
• retail management
• cosmetic science
• food hygiene
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

A2ROR
Bulgaria

Post by A2ROR » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:20 pm

ambstuc wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:30 pm
Help please,

I submitted my postgraduate diploma (for GPs with special interest in musculoskeletal medicine with rheumatology) as language proof with my citizenship application. Got a formal letter saying this was not acceptable and I have until 8/11 to submit an orginal of an acceptable language qualification ("otherwise your application WILL be refused"). Have booked language test for 2/11 but Trinity London promise to send the certificate within 7 days, likely taking me over that deadline. Tried to ring Trinity but did not get anywhere. Tried home office helpline, but no good answer either. Any idea how I could ask for extension of this deadline? Any other ideas?

Many thanks for your help!
Hi mate,

I advise you if you’ve booked B1 exam go for it and after exam they will give you provisnal result send it along with they email you received after booking exam where your exam booking reference no. , date and time mentioned .

HO can check online from that reference no that if you have done B1 or not then, they don’t need your certificate according to their guideline :

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... uage-tests

My caseworker was asking me B1 certificate but when I sent him this guideline where clearly mentioned that “ no need to send original B1 certificate to caseworker “
My caseworker accepted it and replied me that I don’t need to send certificate. He said had verified online from trinity college system.

Hope this info will help :)

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by KatHof » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Hello,

I am presuming you obtained your medical degree in Germany. When you moved to the UK to work/train as a doctor/GP, did you not have to do the IELTS to be able to register with the GMC?

BW,
KatHof