ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A Doctor Practice in U.K with a foreign MBBS Graduate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Karun
Newly Registered
Singapore

A Doctor Practice in U.K with a foreign MBBS Graduate

Post by Karun » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:23 am

Dear All,

I am graduated with M.B.B.S degree from a University in Sri Lanka in 2014. I have a year of internship experience in the field of Medicine and Surgery. Also, I have two years of experience as a Medical office in the Neurology field. In addition, I passed in the M.R.C.P part-1 examination Last year. I am going to sit for the M.R.C.P Part-2 exam next year.

I am planning to move to U.K and practice in U.K as a Doctor. Anyone could guide me on the process that I to follow?

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,
Karun

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: A Doctor Practice in U.K with a foreign MBBS Graduate

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Karun wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:23 am
Dear All,

I am graduated with M.B.B.S degree from a University in Sri Lanka in 2014. I have a year of internship experience in the field of Medicine and Surgery. Also, I have two years of experience as a Medical office in the Neurology field. In addition, I passed in the M.R.C.P part-1 examination Last year. I am going to sit for the M.R.C.P Part-2 exam next year.

I am planning to move to U.K and practice in U.K as a Doctor. Anyone could guide me on the process that I to follow?

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,
Karun
Contact the British Medical Association, I am sure they will be able to guide you appropriately
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Karun
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Karun » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:57 am

Dear Djsuccess,

Thank you for your response. I will contact to British Medical Association.

Doraemon
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by Doraemon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 am

There are many foreign doctors who are working in the UK. With internship, your path would begin with the IELTS, then passing PLAB 1 and 2, and then obtaining your full registration. This process for me took about a year.

The best place to start with this is the General Medical Council: https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and ... ister/plab

Also there are some very active Facebook groups which may be of help. This one might be a good one to start with: facebook weblink removed bymoderator

In addition, one of my good friends xxxxxxx has a very well-written blog that explains all the steps comprehensively: weblink removed by moderator

All the best! The NHS needs you!

Karun
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Karun » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:34 am

Dear Doraemon,

Many thanks for your reply.

Those Facebook links are removed by a moderator. Would you able to send those details to email address removed by moderator

again, many thanks.

Kind Regards,
Karun