ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension and ILR URGENT HELP Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anon2311
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Tier 1 Extension and ILR URGENT HELP Please

Post by anon2311 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi everyone. someone please help me!I have sent my tier 1 extension (50k route) in June 17 and still awaiting a decision. Had the complex letter and interview as well. I have completed my 10 year legal stay in the UK in August 18. called HO to have an update on the case in September and got a generic email that the application is still being considered. My solicitor says no news is good news but i can't keep on waiting as my mom is seriously ill back home. another problem is that my passport has expired in June 18. the high comm would not issue me with another passport without handing in my old passport and they refuse to understand that my expired passport is with the home office. I would appreciate if someone could advise please - i desperately need to go see my mother. do i need to get a decision to submit an ilr application? i understand that i cant vary my application because at the time of sending my extension i had not completed my 10 year residency- correct me if I am wrong. Should i call the HO again or get assistance from my MP?

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Extension and ILR URGENT HELP Please

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 pm

You can submit the variation Outstanding of the application any time before the decision. I don't understand why you didn't do this till yet. You can pay the full fee at the time and the previous fee will be refunded to you.

You should submit the variation once you completed 10 years. You can do now if you passed life in the UK.

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Extension and ILR URGENT HELP Please

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:38 pm

1. You can vary your application to ILR(LR). In fact, you can only vary it BEFORE a decision is made. If the decision has been made (even if you have not been informed yet) you can't vary your application. So, you should do the variation earlier rather than later.
2. What you can't do is to use the Premium application process. You have to vary by post. Once the variation is accepted (you get new biometrics) you can write in and ask to be upgraded to the Premium process.
3. You should be able to get your passport back for the purpose of applying for a new passport. As long as the intention is not for travel, you can request the passport back temporarily without your application being withdrawn. But there is a chance that they will stop all processing of your application until you return the (old and new) passport to them.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.