ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extention

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

A_Z90
Newly Registered
Singapore

Tier 2 Extention

Post by A_Z90 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 am

Hi guys,

I have two questions relating to Tier 2 extension and would be grateful if any of you could shed some light on the following;

1) My old visa expired on 18/10/2018 and my company’s HR managed to submit my application on 02/10/2018 using the standard service. Considering the fact that it will take Home Office 6-8 weeks to process my application, I presume the start date of my new visa will be post 18/10/2018. Therefore there will be a gap (more than 14 days) between the expiry date of my previous visa and start date of my new visa, I am now worried that this will breach the 5-year continuity rule for my future ILR application. Please could someone kindly explain and provide any official links highlighting the relevant rules.

2) I have recently received another job offer and remuneration package is above certain salary threshold so no Labour Market Test is required. I am wondering if I could apply for a switch of employer whilst my current application is being processed? Or should I just wait for the decision of my current application and then apply for the change of employment after that? Would Home Office consider me as a job hopper and therefore reject my future application of change of employment?

Many thanks for your help!

A_Z90
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: Tier 2 Extention

Post by A_Z90 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:59 pm

Would be grateful if someone could advise...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Extention

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:32 am

1. No gap. You were covered by section 3C.

2. You would likely need to wait for the current application and rhn apply for another tier 2 General paying all the fees again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.