ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address, phone & date in Stage 2 Application

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Address, phone & date in Stage 2 Application

Post by V_i_k_i » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:33 pm

Hi!
In some documents on Stage 2, you need to specify your UK address & UK phone number. But it's normal for the newly-endorsed ones not to have this info yet.

Another question is planned date of trip. As I understand this visa & the process, your date is ASAP, and the field should not be applicable for Tier 1 ET.

Some said that you may answer whatever you like, as this visa is rare and they forget to revise all the rules for it, but I'm really afraid that they could consider it as false statements, especially the thing about address.

Many thanks for clarification!

marcnath

Re: Address, phone & date in Stage 2 Application

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:17 am

V_i_k_i wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:33 pm
Hi!
In some documents on Stage 2, you need to specify your UK address & UK phone number. But it's normal for the newly-endorsed ones not to have this info yet.

Another question is planned date of trip. As I understand this visa & the process, your date is ASAP, and the field should not be applicable for Tier 1 ET.

Some said that you may answer whatever you like, as this visa is rare and they forget to revise all the rules for it, but I'm really afraid that they could consider it as false statements, especially the thing about address.

Many thanks for clarification!
You should be able to reply Not Applicable
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by V_i_k_i » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:10 pm

Well, now I'm trying to fill the application form at visa4uk.fco.gov.uk, and on the very 1st page the date field is mandatory. I can't proceed till I select a date out of the digital caledar :?

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by V_i_k_i » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:20 am

I've found the following lines at gov.uk: You have to collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you actually arrive at a later date).

That means, they use the date you give to time your BRP delivery. So, it's important and you shouldn't be too late. But the date you go depends on the date your vignette is ready. And you can't guarantee that the decision will exactly be made within 3 weeks or so.

Please share your experience. What date did you indicate and how it later correlate with the rest of the process.

Thanks!