ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application delayed for an year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maxmilan

Re: Naturalization Application delayed for an year

Post by Maxmilan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 am

[quote=Kurabor post_id=1682834 time=1537304314 user_id=186577]
[quote=Ab1691 post_id=1577219 time=1514331997 user_id=185704]
Hi,
I applied for naturalisation on 12 Jan 2017 receipt of which was confirmed on 16 Jan 2017 via email by the home office. After the normal waiting time of six months lapsed on 16 July 2017, I contacted the Home Office two times to chase the application, received letterd from the Home Office in response to my enquiry which detailed that certain applications take longer due to checking the character reference.
My question is that what's the maximum time for making decision on naturalization application?
Any help is highly appreciated.

[/quote]
Hi Mate. Are you still waiting for the decision? Or when was the decision been made? If you don't mind me asking please
[/quote]
Hi Mates
To be honest with you there is no time limit For Home Office to make a decision on Naturalization application. I am now waiting for 3 years and still waiting. I have tried lot of different ways but none of those ways could help so my suggestion is to be relax and just wait. I hope you will get a good decision soon.

Thank you
Maxmilan

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 am
Kurabor wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:58 pm
Ab1691 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:46 pm
Hi,
I applied for naturalisation on 12 Jan 2017 receipt of which was confirmed on 16 Jan 2017 via email by the home office. After the normal waiting time of six months lapsed on 16 July 2017, I contacted the Home Office two times to chase the application, received letterd from the Home Office in response to my enquiry which detailed that certain applications take longer due to checking the character reference.
My question is that what's the maximum time for making decision on naturalization application?

Hi Mate. Are you still waiting for the decision? Or when was the decision been made? If you don't mind me asking please
Hi Mates
To be honest with you there is no time limit For Home Office to make a decision on Naturalization application. I am now waiting for 3 years and still waiting. I have tried lot of different ways but none of those ways could help so my suggestion is to be relax and just wait. I hope you will get a good decision soon.

Thank you
Maxmilan
Thanks for your reply mate. I believe they delay some cases deliberately for no reason. I have no any criminal offence and I also send to them DBS certificate with no criminal record on it . I have no idea why they take so long and they give stress to applicant. They keep saying to me they doing good character checks and they waiting for some enternal or external agency's to reply. Hopefully we get good news soon .

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:40 pm

[quote=Kurabor post_id=1683238 time=1537396557 user_id=186577]
[quote=Maxmilan post_id=1682874 time=1537315946 user_id=171302]
Hi,

[/quote]
[/quote]
Hi Mates

Thank you
Maxmilan
[/quote]
Thanks for your reply mate. I believe they delay some cases deliberately for no reason. I have no any criminal offence and I also send to them DBS certificate with no criminal record on it . I have no idea why they take so long and they give stress to applicant. They keep saying to me they doing good character checks and they waiting for some enternal or external agency's to reply. Hopefully we get good news soon .
[/quote]
Hi
I had no any criminal offence as well.I had a naturalization interview 6 months ago and regarding the questions which the interviewers asked me in the interview, it seems that the delay on my application is regarding my jobs which I've done in my country.
So anything irregular can make applications delay. Your past jobs, your parents past jobs, being self employed in the UK regarding the tax, being on benefits for a long time special Jobseeker allowance, any offence even a driving offence even and sometimes any housing problem and problem with the neighbours can make applications to be delayed.Good luck with your case.
Thank you
Maxmilan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Can members kindly refrain from using the 'quote' formatting if you are not sure how to use it!!! The posts are simply becoming messy now!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:57 pm

[quote=CR001 post_id=1683449 time=1537451448 user_id=70994]
Can members kindly refrain from using the 'quote' formatting if you are not sure how to use it!!! The posts are simply becoming messy now!!!
[/quote]
Hi CR001
As you may noticed most of members like me in this forum are foreigners so their English might not as good as as you but they need some advise so be patient and let people to use other people's experience and advise by whatever way which they can communicate please.

Regards

Maxmilan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:57 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:50 pm
Hi CR001
As you may noticed most of members like me in this forum are foreigners so their English might not as good as as you but they need some advise so be patient and let people to use other people's experience and advise by whatever way which they can communicate please.

Regards

Maxmilan
the issue is that it is becoming increasing difficult to even read who is being responded to as the 'quote' button is not being used properly and it is all coming out as a mishmash of text when posting!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ab1691
Newly Registered

Post by Ab1691 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Everyone,
I have got my approval few days back. Thank you all for your advices and help.
I applied for SAR and it was sent back for couple reasons, i was given 28 days to resend them after completing it. Before resending SAR I have received the approval.
For all those whom have waited for more than six months i will highly recommend you guys to apply for SAR (Subject Access Request).
Thanks

epi

Post by epi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Ab1691 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 am
Hi Everyone,
I have got my approval few days back. Thank you all for your advices and help.
I applied for SAR and it was sent back for couple reasons, i was given 28 days to resend them after completing it. Before resending SAR I have received the approval.
For all those whom have waited for more than six months i will highly recommend you guys to apply for SAR (Subject Access Request).
Thanks
Congratulations! Could you please share how did you submit your SAR?

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi,
just click below u can apply online for SAR (subject access request)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

also if you would like more information or help filling in your form, contact by emai
subjectaccessrequest@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

alos You can still make an application in writing too, ensuring that you supply all the supporting documents listed in the ‘evidence to send’ section below and post to:

Subject Access Request Unit
UK Visas and Immigration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY
but better apply online for quick response.
SALSABEEL

epi

Post by epi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Thank you!

Vir33
Newly Registered

Post by Vir33 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Dear All,

I have read all the above comments. it is really useful. My situation is also similar. I applied in May-2017, followed up 3 times by phone, 1 time with a letter to the home office and 1 time my local MP also sent them an email. Every time I received the same response that the enquiries have not been completed with regards to my application. As of Oct-2018, its been 18 months and still, they are doing enquiries. My record is clear. Could you please advise which SAR application I should apply for because there are 3 types of SAR application.

Who has received their naturalisation after more than 6 months waiting please advise me.

Many thanks.

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:39 pm

Vir33 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:13 pm
Dear All,

I have read all the above comments. it is really useful. My situation is also similar. I applied in May-2017, followed up 3 times by phone, 1 time with a letter to the home office and 1 time my local MP also sent them an email. Every time I received the same response that the enquiries have not been completed with regards to my application. As of Oct-2018, its been 18 months and still, they are doing enquiries. My record is clear. Could you please advise which SAR application I should apply for because there are 3 types of SAR application.

Who has received their naturalisation after more than 6 months waiting please advise me.

Many thanks.
Hi . I applied on 27th of April 2017 but still haven't received anything from them. They keep saying they doing good character checks and they waiting for some enternal or external agency's to reply. Last week I applied for SAR the 3 option online. But I explained by writing why I ask for SAR .

Vir33
Newly Registered

Post by Vir33 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:51 pm

Ok, thanks for your reply. I will also go with option 3 and let you know if I hear anything.

A2ROR
Bulgaria

Post by A2ROR » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:58 am

Hi mate,

I suggest you to write Pre-Action Protocol letter .
Then home office will be bound to reply you full in 14 days if not they will tell you any timeline for decision.

Hope will work.

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 am
Kurabor wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:58 pm
Ab1691 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:46 pm
Hi,

Hi Mates

Thank you
Maxmilan
Hellow Maxmilan
I read all ur posts and know u waiting for more than 3 years now.is there any GOOD news from u ?please share on the board about ur outcome.it could b helpfull for all people who r in same boat.many thanks
SALSABEEL

zusman
Pakistan

Post by zusman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:09 pm

how you get this"written confirmation from a third party that your photo identification is a true likeness of you" to apply SAR?
thanks

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:32 pm

[quote=salsabeel post_id=1698668 time=1541076867 user_id=157107]
[quote=Maxmilan post_id=1682874 time=1537315946 user_id=171302]
Hi,

[/quote]

[/quote]
Hi Mates

Thank you
Maxmilan
[/quote]
[color=#4000FF] Hellow Maxmilan
I read all ur posts and know u waiting for more than 3 years now.is there any GOOD news from u ?please share on the board about ur outcome.it could b helpfull for all people who r in same boat.many thanks[/color]
[/quote]
Hi
No I am still waiting. More than 3 years passed but no decision. HO just ignoring me.More than one month ago I asked HO to send me copy of my interview recorded but no any response from them so far.To be honest my brain is just hanged and I don't no what else to do.
Thank you
Maxmilan

Vir33
Newly Registered

Post by Vir33 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi Maxmilan,

Sorry to ask you this question again if you have already answered. Have you applied SAR form as well?
if yes, What was the outcome?

Thanks,

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Vir33
I haven't apply for SAR so far and I don't think it can help to make the process quicker or lead to a result. SAR is just for our information nothing else. I sent lot of letter to the HO, my local MP was engaged and complaint to Parliamentary Ombudsman but non of them was helpful.
Thank you
Maxmilan 01/11/2018

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:04 pm

zusman wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:09 pm
how you get this"written confirmation from a third party that your photo identification is a true likeness of you" to apply SAR?
thanks
I asked my solicitor to do that

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Hello Friends
I am applying for Part 3 of SAR application form which is Detailed but as part of the application HO skiing that why I am asking for SAR and detailed. Does anybody knows that what reason do I have to write for applying SAR application please?
If somebody has experience about this it will be very helpful for me and others to know about that and just drop me your message in here please.

Thank you

Maxmilan

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks god and thanks to everyone here . I have got my approval back today after nearly 19 months waiting for the decision. I have learned a lot on this bord and it's very usefull. :D :D :D unbelievable

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:45 pm

[quote=Kurabor post_id=1707690 time=1542839256 user_id=186577]
Thanks god and thanks to everyone here . I have got my approval back today after nearly 19 months waiting for the decision. I have learned a lot on this bord and it's very usefull. :D :D :D unbelievable
[/quote]
Hi Kurabor
Happy to hear that you have got your approval.Congratulation.Can I ask did you get your SAR result or no?
Because I have applied for SAR and waiting for the HO response.
Thank you
Maxmilan

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:45 pm
Kurabor wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 pm
Hi Kurabor
Happy to hear that you have got your approval.Congratulation.Can I ask did you get your SAR result or no?
Because I have applied for SAR and waiting for the HO response.
Thank you
Maxmilan
Thanks mate. No I haven't received yet. All the best for u mate . I am sure you gonna get it in a few weeks time. Bey

Vir33
Newly Registered

Post by Vir33 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:21 pm

Kurabor wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 pm
Thanks god and thanks to everyone here . I have got my approval back today after nearly 19 months waiting for the decision. I have learned a lot on this bord and it's very useful. :D :D :D unbelievable
HI Kurabor,

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS MATE.
Could you please kindly share all the follow-ups options you have tried with home office.

Many thanks in advance,
Vir 33