ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by salsabeel » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:54 pm
Hi guys sharing a good news with you .i received my ILR today and the timeline is exactly 3 months .received 4 email total and so happy finally my waiting is over now ..thnx everyone who helped my query .i just want to know where I can ask questions about travel documents?if someone send me the link about travel documents and citizenship it would
Be great pls
Take care everyone
Congrates
join here for travel dacuments

general-uk-immigration-forum/convention ... 82264.html
also click here for citizenship application process
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 45440.html
SALSABEEL

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Thank you so much salsabeel

sbn
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by sbn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:55 am

Hi Everyone,

I sent my SET (Protection) route application a week ago, is there anyone to update me how long it will take to receive an acknowledgement letter and BRP enrollment letter.

Thanks.

Lackman13
Newly Registered

Post by Lackman13 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:08 pm

I have received my reply from Home Office today 2 November 2018. I was a solo applicant of set P Route below is my timeline:
Application sent on 5 August 2018
HO received: 6 August 2018
Biometric letter received on 21 August dated 18 August 2018 and submitted on 22 August 2018
Emails of progress received 21 August 2018, 18 September 2018 and 18 October 2018.
Approval letter and BRP received 2 November 2018 dated 31 October 2018.
The whole process took 2 months 3 Weeks.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting.

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Lackman13 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:08 pm
I have received my reply from Home Office today 2 November 2018. I was a solo applicant of set P Route below is my timeline:
Application sent on 5 August 2018
HO received: 6 August 2018
Biometric letter received on 21 August dated 18 August 2018 and submitted on 22 August 2018
Emails of progress received 21 August 2018, 18 September 2018 and 18 October 2018.
Approval letter and BRP received 2 November 2018 dated 31 October 2018.
The whole process took 2 months 3 Weeks. Congrates mat

Good luck to all those who are still waiting.
SALSABEEL

sbn
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by sbn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Thank, best of luck.

gobo
Newly Registered

Post by gobo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 am

hi every 1 i apply for ilr set p 17 August 2018 biomatric done 10 september 2018 still waiting depresses ;(

gobo
Newly Registered

Post by gobo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:57 am

hi i know what is written down on your biomatric card refugee stalment or just ilr stalment thank u

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:07 pm

gobo wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:57 am
hi i know what is written down on your biomatric card refugee stalment or just ilr stalment thank u they wrote REFUGEE SETTLEMENT under type of permit and put remarks on it INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN
SALSABEEL

gobo
Newly Registered

Post by gobo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 pm

thank u so much i apply 17 august biomatric done 10 sep nothing after that waiting is hard and fustrating nearly 12 week plz prt for me .X

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:20 am

Hi received my brp
Last week nit still haven’t received my expired travel documents? Do I need to contact with home office or i need to wait few more days ? Anyone had same situation like me ?

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:05 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:05 pm
Rimjimrupa wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:54 pm
Hi guys sharing a good news with you .i received my ILR today and the timeline is exactly 3 months .received 4 email total and so happy finally my waiting is over now ..thnx everyone who helped my query .i just want to know where I can ask questions about travel documents?if someone send me the link about travel documents and citizenship it would
Be great pls
Take care everyone
Congrates
join here for travel dacuments

general-uk-immigration-forum/convention ... 82264.html
also click here for citizenship application process
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 45440.html

Hello salsabeel ,
I am just wondering if we Are still allowed to apply for TR112 BY post or the HO only accepts online application , is TD112 BRP Application Form (Version 07/2018) the latest version.

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 pm
Coolstuff wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:30 am
Love_GB wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 am
Coolstuff wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:28 pm
Hello everyone i am new here but have been a silent observer of this board, this is a great platform and really gives hope& information to people and something to look forward too.
i am sorry if this issue has already been discussed or if i have missed it...can one of the moderator please shed some light on this ..
I am due to apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 ( Expires in August 2019).
My wife is here on spouse Visa(FLR M) not on the SET P route. (Expires May 2020)
We have been blessed with our first baby girl 18 days ago we have finalized her Birth certificate and everything.
now in terms of her Immigration status .. we need some help..i.e

1. Do we just wait till i apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 and add her as my dependent and not do anything till then?

2. Now i am pretty sure i cannot apply for her own Pakistani Passport from Embassy here in the U.K as i am not supposed to have any connection or anything with Pakistani embassy according to my Refugee visa conditions or can i do that ?

3. If we apply for her Pakistani passport can she just stay here without visa till my wife applies for her extension in May 2020 and add her in the application or till i put her as my dependent in July 2019 ?

4.Do we need to inform HO about the baby and ask her to grant her refugee status too till i apply for her ILR set P with me ?

5.Or should i wait till i get my ILR and then apply for her to get British nationality directly ?

Really sorry for the long post , but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hello Coolstuff,
I was hoping one of the most experienced people here would answer your questions. From my own experience ; my son was born after I had been granted the Refugee state , what I did was to write a letter to the HO asking for leave to remain for my son ,and I attached with the letter; my refugee state approval letter , my BRP , his birth certificate and two photos , my son was granted limited leave to remain aligned with the expiry date of my BRP ,
Do not forget to sign the letter sent to the HO.
hope this will help ,
love_GB

Thankyou so much Love_GB i will do that right away. All the best to everyone who is waiting and whoever is yet to apply.
Hello Hello Coolstuff,
you are welcome, but i recommend you asking a solicitor or someone with knowledge on immigration rules , what I told you in my previous reply was from my own experience but see if you could get different opinion or advice,
thanks

Hi Love_GB i was just wondering if you can provide the address on which you sent your letter for your baby's refugee limited leave to remain, and who did you address it to.. your help is much appreciated.. thanks

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 am

Hello guys. I read some interesting news. The VCAS / UKVCAS service centres operated by Sopra Steria would serve SET(P) ILR applications, quoting category as "Settle in the UK – refugee or humanitarian protection".

Now the interesting part...

There are three available services:
  • Standard service, where the application will be decided within the current timescales of six months or eight weeks, depending on the type of application.
  • Priority service, where the decision is made in ten working days (until the end of November) or in five working days (starting from December).
  • Super priority service, where the applications will be decided on the next working day.
This would be great for some of us keen to pay the priority service fees for 1 or 5 working days answer. This is particularly important to those seeking to change jobs, or whose jobs are involving travel, as it will shorten the answer time-frame from 6 months to 1 or 5 days, enabling easier proof of eligibility to work/bank/rent/etc, or shortening the time of inability to travel.

Can someone confirm this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:10 am

ariskar wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 am
Hello guys. I read some interesting news. The VCAS / UKVCAS service centres operated by Sopra Steria would serve SET(P) ILR applications, quoting category as "Settle in the UK – refugee or humanitarian protection".

• Standard service, where the application will be decided within the current timescales of six months or eight weeks, depending on the type of application.
  • Priority service, where the decision is made in ten working days (until the end of November) or in five working days (starting from December).
  • Super priority service, where the applications will be decided on the next working day.
This would be great for some of us keen to pay the priority service fees for 1 or 5 working days answer. This is particularly important to those seeking to change jobs, or whose jobs are involving travel, as it will shorten the answer time-frame from 6 months to 1 or 5 days, enabling easier proof of eligibility to work/bank/rent/etc, or shortening the time of inability to travel.

announcements/new-uk-visa-and-citizensh ... 67051.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gobo
Newly Registered

Post by gobo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:08 pm

three month now since apply for ilr set p cant wait felling depressed :(

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 pm

There’s no set p form there anymore. Everyone will have to apply online.

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Question is how much would we have to pay for those premium/priority services?...
There’s no fee for the application but maybe a charge to use those services? ...

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:10 am
ariskar wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 am

announcements/new-uk-visa-and-citizensh ... 67051.html
The only information available in the links of that post is the quoted phrase:
If you choose to use the UKVCAS service, you will be able to apply to use the priority service online. You’ll find out how to do this when you’ve completed your application.
Can someone confirm that priority service is applicable/offered to online SET(P) route through UKVCAS, i.e. "Settle in the UK – refugee or humanitarian protection" ?
hoods24 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:00 pm
Question is how much would we have to pay for those premium/priority services?...
There’s no fee for the application but maybe a charge to use those services? ...
There will definitely be a charge and may not be worth it for everyone. However, it gives additional options to people who may be most impacted (work requiring travel, looking to change jobs or tenancy/rent after limited leave expiry, etc.)

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Hmmm I thought so..

Whoever is applying online, could u please share your experience about it? Fee for the priority service etc.

Good luck.

gobo
Newly Registered

Post by gobo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:12 am

wait is really depressing 😢😢😢

gobo
Newly Registered

Post by gobo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:28 pm

any 1 who apply ilr after 15 august 2018 please share your timeline please

SSL
Newly Registered

Post by SSL » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 am

Application submitted online on 31st August 2018
HO received: 3rd September 2018
Biometric submitted on 3rd September
Approval letter and BRP received 20 November 2018 dated 15th November 2018.
The whole process took 2.5 months.

gobo
Newly Registered

Post by gobo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:26 pm

SSL wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 am
Application submitted online on 31st August 2018
HO received: 3rd September 2018
Biometric submitted on 3rd September
Approval letter and BRP received 20 November 2018 dated 15th November 2018.
The whole process took 2.5 months.
you apply through lawyer or by your self please

SSL
Newly Registered

Post by SSL » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Myself.