ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement online form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Financial requirement online form

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:13 am

Hello there. im a newbie here so forgive me if i ask question thats already been aswered. The SET M application paper form is widrawn today and you can only apply online. I am now in the finance questions and i noticed there is no question on how i can meet the financial requirement. When i did my spouse extension i was able to tick the box where i will fall into category A of financial requirement. whice is the combine income from the applicant and the sponsor. But now on the online form there is no question on how will i meet the financial requirement. Can you help me with this please?

Thank you

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Financial requirement online form

Post by R-graphite » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:49 am

Hello ysabelle, what is it asking you in the financial section instead?

Thanks

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:35 am

Thank you for your interest to answer my question. 2yrs ago when i applied for extension of spouse visa by post (by paper) there is a section there where you can put on how did you meet the financial requirement. In my case i ticked the box CATEGORY A. as my sponsor and me are both working here in the UK. so our income can combine to reach the £18,600. now fast forward. Today they abolished the paper form. You can only apply Indefinite leave via online. But upon aswering this form there is no section there where i can mention that i can meet financial requirement by falling on Catergory A. They just asking about my income and the income of my husband. So my question is how will they know that i can meet the financial requirement via category A? Where i can write this? is it understood for the caseworker as long as we showed our income?

Many Thanks

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:43 am

I presume by provoding the evidence they would be able to know. What documents did they request for financial evidence?
Regards

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:48 am

They asked for our proof of income, contract from work, payslips and bank statement. You think it would be helpful if i write on separate paper that we are relying on the category A?or just leave that way as they already know the rules about financial requirement?

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:52 am

Do they also need contract from work or one of the options you mentioned? Because if you look at financial requirement evidence they ask for payslips, letter from employer with information about your employment etc...They didnt mention contract as mandatory. Can you please confirm if they are requesting the contract as an option or as mandatoey.

I think writing a letter and uploading wont do any harm. It will provide more information.

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:59 am

On the last part of the application you will tick the boxes that you will be able to provide. one of these is signed contract but it not mandatory. the mandatory one is payslip,bank statement, letter frok employment stating your annual salary,start date, position. But there is no changes on the financial requirement yeah? we can combine our annual income to reach the £18,600? my income is £13600 my husband is 15,600.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:04 am

Thanks for your reply Ysabelle, from my extensive readings I believe you can combine your incomes . As I am not an immigration lawyer I can’t say i am 100% sure and I advise you to ask a professional but to be honest I have read it before that you can combine the incomes. I truly wish you all luck and I understand how stressful it is.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:05 am

There is no change on income threshold it is stil£18600 without children

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Financial Requirement via online form

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi. im here asking for your help. Im filling up the online form for settlement and im in the financial section. After the employment details they are asking these questions as follows.

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount.

My husband and I are relying on the category A. we will combine our income to reach the £18,600. My annual is £15,600 and my husbands income is £13,900. our income every month is different but we can reach the £18,600. So i just want to ask with these 4 option i mentioned above which one should we click?

please help.

Liban086
Newly Registered

Post by Liban086 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:12 pm

Ysabelle how did you get on with your ilr and what did you do the question regarding if you earn above the requirement or not

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:27 pm

Still waiting for my ILR decision. My husband and is combine to meet the £18,600. so i ticked the box below the financial requirement same amout continusly.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 am

You stated that your combine income is above the financial requirements of £18600 then why did you ticked below the financial requirements of £18600 , which means you are earning less than £18600 p.a ?

ysabelle_0014
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ysabelle_0014 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:23 am

because the question is invidually. for me and for my husband. dont worry they know that £18,600 can be combine. so doesnt matter if you earn less individually as long as when you combine it you reach the 18600.