ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WRS - have the card, but not registered within 30 days

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

2017hellsmess
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

WRS - have the card, but not registered within 30 days

Post by 2017hellsmess » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi there,

I have a slight (big) concern about my PR application because of the WRS certificate/card. I based my application on qualifying 5 year period from 9/2013-9/2018, have all the P60 and P45 and all other documents necessary.
Now, in the online application form there is a question about whether or not I ever used to work for an employer in UK during the Accession period between 2009-2011. I answered this as 'yes' because I came to UK back in 2008. I have the original WRS card for my first employer because I worked for them for over 3 years, but I noticed that it says job start date in 2009 when in fact I started to work for them in 2008, the same is for the date of issue. It is dated to 2009. As I was 20 at that time, I probably missed the importance to register within the first month and registered when I found out that I had to be registered.

What do I do now... :idea: I filled everything so it marries up with the Registration card because they require to see the copy, I am just worried that as I said I came to UK in 2008, have NI records against 2008 and the card is from 2009, they will be digging into it and refuse the application on the basis that I did not register within the month. Somehow I don't think they are very open minded and think in a way 'at least she registered, has the original copy so I let her get away with it'....

Thank you so so much to anyone who have anything to say, even if it is not a positive one.

vinny

Re: WRS - have the card, but not registered within 30 days

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Should be okay, if you had WRS for at least a year.

Moreover,
Any new or existing employment on or after 01 May 2011 will not need to be registered with the Home Office Workers Registration Scheme.
That's over five years ago, more than enough time for you to acquire PR without it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

2017hellsmess
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Re: WRS - have the card, but not registered within 30 days

Post by 2017hellsmess » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Thank you, sounds positive.

Yes, I had been with the same employer for two years after the WRS certificate was issued for.

I am hoping they will not look into it too much because I gave them detailed information about my whereabouts/employers for past 5 years only.