ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is bank statement(separate account) with our address is enough to show that we are living together?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kumar114
Member of Standing

Is bank statement(separate account) with our address is enough to show that we are living together?

Post by kumar114 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi,
Currently I am in Tier 2.
My wife came to UK as a dependant in August 2017.

Now, I am applying for Tier 4 Student VISA very soon.
Both me and my wife need to show a proof that we are staying/living together right?
So is bank statement(we both have separate account) with our address is enough to show that we are living/staying together?

Kind regards
Kumar

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Is bank statement(separate account) with our address is enough to show that we are living together?

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:34 pm

kumar114 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm
Both me and my wife need to show a proof that we are staying/living together right?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kumar114
Member of Standing

Re: Is bank statement(separate account) with our address is enough to show that we are living together?

Post by kumar114 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:34 pm
kumar114 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm
No.
Thanks sah10406.
So do you mind telling what else is required then?
My wife is switching from Tier 2 dependant to Tier 4 dependant. So do I need "Evidence of relationship" again? Like chat logs/call logs?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:09 am

kumar114 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 am
My wife is switching from Tier 2 dependant to Tier 4 dependant. So do I need "Evidence of relationship" again? Like chat logs/call logs?
Given that the entry clearance officer was satisfied that the relationship was genuine and subsisting for her initial PBS Dependant application, no specific further evidence of it is required for the extension. If you have been spending significant periods living apart, or in different countries, or there is something else about the application that suggests you are no longer together, evidence of the ongoing relationship would be useful, but otherwise it is not necessary.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:19 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:09 am
kumar114 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 am
Given that the entry clearance officer was satisfied that the relationship was genuine and subsisting for her initial PBS Dependant application, no specific further evidence of it is required for the extension. If you have been spending significant periods living apart, or in different countries, or there is something else about the application that suggests you are no longer together, evidence of the ongoing relationship would be useful, but otherwise it is not necessary.
Thanks sah10406
We are still together.. :)

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 am

I think proof for living together is mandatory even though you switch from one category to the other. Better attach a proof rather than leaving room for assumption. The proof you show should have both your names together with the address. Usually most applicants use a bank statement of their joint account. Or an utility bill, for instance, Thames water. Hope it clarifies.

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 am

SamTiger wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 am
I think proof for living together is mandatory even though you switch from one category to the other. Better attach a proof rather than leaving room for assumption. The proof you show should have both your names together with the address. Usually most applicants use a bank statement of their joint account. Or an utility bill, for instance, Thames water. Hope it clarifies.
Thanks SamTiger.
We both have separate account in the same bank. Can I submit separate statements with address or you think its better to have combined account?

thanks
kumar

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:46 pm

No way separate accounts even though same bank will be accepted for such. Only a joint account statement showing both names with address underneath do good. Never take a chance!!

Or else an utility bill with both yours and your partner's name in it with address.

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:27 pm

SamTiger wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:46 pm
No way separate accounts even though same bank will be accepted for such. Only a joint account statement showing both names with address underneath do good. Never take a chance!!

Or else an utility bill with both yours and your partner's name in it with address.
Thanks SamTiger. Will do that...

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:19 pm

SamTiger wrote:

Hi again,
One small confusion.
Should I open a new joint account or should I make my existing account as a joint account?

Thanks

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:20 pm

SamTiger wrote:

Hi again,
One small confusion.
Should I open a new joint account or should I make my existing account as a joint account?

Thanks

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:22 pm

No need of new account. Make one of yours Joint and submit recent statement with visa application.

kumar114
Member of Standing

Post by kumar114 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:00 am

SamTiger wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:22 pm
No need of new account. Make one of yours Joint and submit recent statement with visa application.
Hi again,
We went to the bank 2 days ago to make my exiting account as a joint account.
But they told that when I print out my statement, it will only show my detail. It will not have my wife's details.

Kind Regards
Kumar

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Banks have a cutoff date after which the month's statement will be ready. For instance, say bank A has set 20th of every month as the date. Your updated info (name(s)/address) will be shown in the statement after the next 20th date. You can also request the bank to expedite the process so it is updated this month itself. Try adding your partner's name in utility bills such as water, elec and council tax.

Once your account is deemed joint, every statement after the set date will for sure have both your names and address underneath. (FYI, I have used only joint account statements for such.)