ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Usefull Tips for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raholptl

Do I need to send my original passport to Shefield

Post by raholptl » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi,
I want to apply for my wife's spouse visa from pakistan do I need to send my original passport to Sheffield with documents?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need to send my original passport to Shefield

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:21 pm

No, copies are sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raholptl

where to send VAF4A Form

Post by raholptl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi,
My wife is going to apply for spouse visa from Islamabad Pakistan, I just want to know that VAF4A Form will be sent with the passport from Islamabad or I will need to send it to Sheffield in UK with other documents?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: where to send VAF4A Form

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:07 pm

raholptl wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 pm
Hi,
My wife is going to apply for spouse visa from Islamabad Pakistan, I just want to know that VAF4A Form will be sent with the passport from Islamabad or I will need to send it to Sheffield in UK with other documents?

Thanks
Presumably you mean the print out of the VAF4A ONLINE submitted form. Submit with her passport in Pakistan as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:07 pm
raholptl wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Presumably you mean the print out of the VAF4A ONLINE submitted form. Submit with her passport in Pakistan as far as I am aware.
Not the online form printout, I'm asking about Appendix 2 of VAF4A: financial requirements form where that will go the filled form to Sheffield?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:21 pm

raholptl wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
raholptl wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Not the online form printout, I'm asking about Appendix 2 of VAF4A: financial requirements form where that will go the filled form to Sheffield?
You didn't say Appendix 2!!

I will leave others to comment further who might know but I believe it gets sent to Sheffield.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:21 pm
raholptl wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
raholptl wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
You didn't say Appendix 2!!

I will leave others to comment further who might know but I believe it gets sent to Sheffield.
Can anyone please answer who has applied to the spouse visa?
My wife is going to apply for spouse visa from Islamabad Pakistan, I just want to know that Appendix 2 of VAF4A Form will be sent with the passport from Islamabad or I will need to send it to Sheffield in UK with other documents?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Your wife only gives her biometrics and Passport to VFS. Everything else, including printed application, Appendix 2, TB cert, Payslips etc etc etc get sent to Sheffield.

Your wife can send the whole bundle from Pakistan or you can from UK.

I recommend sends all her documents like TB cert, IELTS etc to you and then you add all your stuff like payslip etc and send the WHOLE bundle to Sheffield using RoyalMail.

Make sure you only send once and one time, do not send few docs from Pakistan to Sheffield and other from UK.

InshaAllah goes well for you.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

raholptl

Address to send supporting documents

Post by raholptl » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi,
I am applying for my wife spouse visa I just want to know what is the address Sheffield UK to send supporting documents to we are applying from Islamabad Pakistan?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Address to send supporting documents

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:01 pm

The online application process will tell you where to send the documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raholptl

Spouse visa - do I need to send a copy aswel

Post by raholptl » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi,
I am about to apply for my wife's spouse visa. Can anyone please tell do I need to send a bundle of photocopy of all the documents with original, I will send to Sheffield?

Sending photocopy with original is it the requirement?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa - do I need to send a copy aswel

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:19 pm

As per the guidance the photopies make the process more faster but funnily all these photocopies are also returned along with originals by HO. In my opinion photocopies aren't make the process faster rather waste money & time and may confuse caseworker who may overlook original and consider photocopy.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Photocopies have no affect on the speed of application at all. All originals are scanned into a photocopier and uploaded digitally to a computer for the case workers to look at!

If you really want to have photocopies then just photocopy important stuff like marriage certificate etc

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:48 pm

We sent photocopies of all the original documents - Sheffield sent them all back.

I was glad I had asked the Post Office to add some extra postage to my SAE (Stamped, addressed envelope) as this did mean the package they sent back was heavier than expected.

But I seem to re-call being asked to send photocopies. I cannot remember now, maybe it was just the advice we were getting.

I sent them in a separate bundle/folder so at least they were very easy for the officer either to use or discard.

So yes, certainly a waste of time and money but unlikely to cause fuss or delay if you send or do not send.

Sending them does at least make you appear helpful. (But my advice if you do is put them as we did in a totally separate file or folder marked 'photocopies')

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:17 pm

Photocopies if anything will cause confusion. Case Worker may use a photocopy document thinking it's original and then consequently later be deem this doc to be non-genuine.

Sending them, especially organising it nicely and neatly, some people even use arch folders etc. This does not appear helpful to them, rather it annoys the person scanning the docs.

Waste of time and Money.

raholptl

Spouse visa every thing has to be on the A4 paper

Post by raholptl » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:43 am

Hi,
I am going to apply for my wife's spouse visa Islamabad Pakistan, just want to know the documents I will send to Sheffield has to be on A4 paper? is this the requirement of the homeoffice?

thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa every thing has to be on the A4 paper

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm

As per Home Office requirement, If you have anything bigger or smaller than A4 you send the original and also photocopy it into A4 size too

raholptl

Where to send Spouse settlement documents

Post by raholptl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:25 am

Hi,
I have just completed the online application form for my wife's settlement visa she is applying from Islamabad Pakistan. I have completed the application it did not tell me where to send the supporting documents. I mean the Sheffield address. Can anyone please tell me the address when applied from Pakistan what is the Sheffield address?
only it tell that click here for address - https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Thanks

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:01 pm
The online application process will tell you where to send the documents.
Hi,
I have just completed the online application form for my wife's settlement visa she is applying from Islamabad Pakistan. I have completed the application it did not tell me where to send the supporting documents. I mean the Sheffield address. Can anyone please tell me the address when applied from Pakistan what is the Sheffield address?
only it tell that click here for address - https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:30 am

UK Visas and Immigration International
PO BOX 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Where to send Spouse settlement documents

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:35 am

UK Visas and Immigration International
PO BOX 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:19 am

raholptl wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:25 am
Hi,

Thanks

When you finally finished the application then it will advise you the address where the documents need to send after biometrics.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 am

The address given above by Londoner is indeed the address we used but as also said by Seagull if you go back online and check through the application, the last or next to last section tells you where to send the documents.

I would be pretty certain it is the address above but you can always double check through the online application.

raholptl

Postoffice Photocopy certification

Post by raholptl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:23 am

Hi,
I need to send certified copy of my passport with spouse visa supporting documents. I just want to know if home office accepts post office certified copy? or it has to be from the solicitor?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:28 am

TOPICS MERGED!!! (click to read)

Please desist from starting a new topic with EVERY question you have. Given that you have been a forum member since 2011, this multiple topics rules has not changed since then!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)