ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shafi Ahmed
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Student Visa

Post by Shafi Ahmed » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi,

I am Indian citizen working in Bahrain as a Civil Engineer. I had applied for Canada student visa 3 times, but unfortunately I was rejected all the 3 times.

First time, I submitted the application online from Bahrain for a 1 year graduate certificate course and was rejected with the below reason
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Second time, I submitted the application online from India but I had opted a new 2 year graduate certificate course and was rejected again with the below reason
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications,
previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language
abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Third time, I applied directly at the embassy in India by submitting my passport, but it was rejected with the reason
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects or plans.

Now I was planning to apply to Ireland for masters. Could anyone tell me if there is any chance that my application will be denied based on the rejections from Canada. Is there anything that I can do to avoid these kinds of rejections.

sanzo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Student Visa

Post by sanzo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:22 pm

I think if u get an offer for a Master’s degree from a recognised university and are able to show financial support, this should suffice to get a visa.

Shafi Ahmed
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shafi Ahmed » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:49 am

In the application form for Ireland student visa, there is a section where they are asking the details of previous rejections from other countries. So will they consider my rejections?

Shafi Ahmed
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shafi Ahmed » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 am

Im planning to apply to Limerick Institute of Technology for Master of Science in Quantity Surveying. Is this a recognised college for masters so that I can complete my visa process without rejection like you said?

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:22 am

Being honest about it, it won’t be that easy for you. One thing you should be aware is that you will have to disclose all your previous visa refusals presumably you should prove that those reasons have been mitigated in the context of the Irish visa you’re applying for.
The first refusal from Canada was probably because you didn’t show enough economic and social ties to return to your country. The subsequent refusals possibly indicate that there is an incompatibility between the course sought and your qualifications.
My advice to you would be to set aside some time to prepare your application as compiling a good application takes a lot of time and guidance. I will also suggest that you read the weekly decisions published at http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Visa%20Decisions it will give you some ideas on the kind of things they’re looking for.
Good luck!

Shafi Ahmed
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shafi Ahmed » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:53 am

According to you, how do you think I will be able to overcome this problem.
To Canada I had opted for a Graduate certificate course. But now Im planning to do a Masters degree for 1 year. Both the courses are relevant according to my work profile.
I had got a suggestion earlier that, im getting rejected because Im presently working in Bahrain. Will that be a reason??
How else will I be able to make changes in my profile? I had showed proper funds during my 2nd nd 3rd applications. This time too, for Ireland I will be able to show proper funds as per the requirements.

Tc1
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Tc1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:35 am

Hi, I think if you can show that you have strong finances to cover your cost, rejections to Canada won’t matter. You are applying for Masters in Limerick institute of technology so I don’t think there will be any problems. That’s a very good institute.Quantity surveyors are also high in demand now and I reckon will be for few more yrs. There’s a good chance you could get employment if you wish after the completion of your course.