ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 to ILR checklist

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:01 pm

GMO wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:36 pm
ok..thanks :) it is aug2019
...as the question has "WAS"..so it made me confused!
Don't worry about the tense, because the same question also says "If this date has passed please answer 6.8, otherwise go to question 6.9." So you are expected to put Aug 2019 there and then go to 6.9
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:09 am

Thanks a lot :)

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:01 pm
GMO wrote:
Don't worry about the tense, because the same question also says "If this date has passed please answer 6.8, otherwise go to question 6.9." So you are expected to put Aug 2019 there and then go to 6.9
I have another one and i hope last query, please. After completing the Masters in this country i went back and I got my PSW from back home . Then i again entered to this country with PSW in february 2013 and got T2 visa on August 2013..So a little confusion like which date shall put in here :-

6.12 6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

February 2013 or August 2013 !!!

kindly let me know experts please.

Thanks .

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:44 pm

GMO wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:01 pm
GMO wrote:
I have another one and i hope last query, please. After completing the Masters in this country i went back and I got my PSW from back home . Then i again entered to this country with PSW in february 2013 and got T2 visa on August 2013..So a little confusion like which date shall put in here :-

6.12 6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

February 2013 or August 2013 !!!

kindly let me know experts please.

Thanks .
The answer is August 2013 because that's when your Tier 2 began. Your ILR is not based on PSW, so it's irrelevant to the ILR 5 yrs T2 route
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:59 am

Thank you 😊

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:41 pm

Hello,

in the SET(O) Version 07/2018 Page 69
12C Tier 2 migrant

Do I have to check on the following question:

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

Please let me know as my appointment is very soon and confused with this query at last moment!

Thanks in advance
kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:20 pm

GMO wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:41 pm
Hello,

in the SET(O) Version 07/2018 Page 69
12C Tier 2 migrant

Do I have to check on the following question:

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

Please let me know as my appointment is very soon and confused with this query at last moment!

Thanks in advance
kind regards
If you did not hold another visa before Tier 2, then you ignore it. The question is mostly relevant to applicants who have held Tier 1 General or Tier 1 Entrepreneur and combining time with Tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Andy12
Mood:
India

Post by Andy12 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:19 pm

UKVI does only mandate the latest payslip and bank statement. Why people tend to take 3 months payslip and bank statement? I double checked on the Set(O) form 7/2018. Am I missing a trick here?

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Andy12 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:19 pm
UKVI does only mandate the latest payslip and bank statement. Why people tend to take 3 months payslip and bank statement? I double checked on the Set(O) form 7/2018. Am I missing a trick here?
I believe that if you are relying on other people such as family or friends to help you financially, you need to provide 3 months worth of statements (including the other people who are helping you). Otherwise it is your latest payslip and bank statement (see Section 12C). I can only fathom that people are being extra cautious and providing 3 months worth of statements just in case and/or are relying on family/friends for financial support.

Andy12
Mood:
India

Post by Andy12 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm

I believe that if you are relying on other people such as family or friends to help you financially, you need to provide 3 months worth of statements (including the other people who are helping you). Otherwise it is your latest payslip and bank statement (see Section 12C). I can only fathom that people are being extra cautious and providing 3 months worth of statements just in case and/or are relying on family/friends for financial support.
Thanks you so very much. Clarifies things. I am going to furnish 3 months payslip and bank statement just to be on the safer side as well.

Seylon
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by Seylon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:59 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 am
I am also in the same position: travelled to Russia once but the border officer forgot to put an entry stamp in my passport (Ive been in Russia a few times and they were always stamping the passport). However, I have the departure stamp from Russia and also UK entry stamp.

I have a premium appointment next week.

Should I write an explanationary letter and submit the ticket from UK to Russia to proof I was actually travelling on that date?

Also, I was travelling from Brussels to UK via Eurostar a couple of years ago but the UK border officer said I dont need to complete the immigration card (!!) and just stamped my passport instead. Is this an issue?

I
Hello, I am in the same situation as yours indeed. One stamp was missing when I travelled to another country. How was your application? Does it really matter?

Many thanks!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Seylon wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:59 pm
VirtualWaver wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 am
I am also in the same position: travelled to Russia once but the border officer forgot to put an entry stamp in my passport (Ive been in Russia a few times and they were always stamping the passport). However, I have the departure stamp from Russia and also UK entry stamp.

I have a premium appointment next week.

Should I write an explanationary letter and submit the ticket from UK to Russia to proof I was actually travelling on that date?

Also, I was travelling from Brussels to UK via Eurostar a couple of years ago but the UK border officer said I dont need to complete the immigration card (!!) and just stamped my passport instead. Is this an issue?

I
Hello, I am in the same situation as yours indeed. One stamp was missing when I travelled to another country. How was your application? Does it really matter?

Many thanks!
Hi there,

I did not have any issues and my application was approved.

I just wrote a cover letter and explained that, no one asked any questions about this.