ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victims of ETS Scam

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali Khan555
BANNED
Bahrain

Re: Victims of ETS Scam

Post by Ali Khan555 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:58 am

Can any one tell me please how much was the toiec test in 2012?? i have done too many test multiple times and I missed up with the fees.

anabat22

Post by anabat22 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Ali Khan

I paid £90 for one set speaking and writing and £90 for second test listening and reading

Seaman2018
Newly Registered

Post by Seaman2018 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello everyone I have been following this platform I came into the U.K 0ctober 2013 and then I changed my academic sponsor in January 2014 I took the toiec text as it was among the requirements set aside by home office for tier4 visa,Then one day I wasn’t home and heard the home office came looking for me been frightened then as I didn’t know what was happening I didn’t go back to the house... so in 2015 I was now in a relationship with a British partner and we went to seek legal advise and he said the reason was because of tofel test I took and hone office was cracking down and advised I make a call to the home office as regard my application which I did and the representative told me categorically my application was still under process so I took her name for reference purpose, few days later went back to my solicitor and he then made a further representation to the home office stating they make a decision as I have a British partner and would like to get married..in 2016 my partner was pregnant and then had the baby in 2017 so I submitted my application under flrfp since January 2018 and done biometric in February 2018 up until now I haven’t got any reply or decision please does anyone have an idea what would become the outcome of my application...Owen

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Seaman2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 pm
Hello everyone I have been following this platform I came into the U.K 0ctober 2013 and then I changed my academic sponsor in January 2014 I took the toiec text as it was among the requirements set aside by home office for tier4 visa,Then one day I wasn’t home and heard the home office came looking for me been frightened then as I didn’t know what was happening I didn’t go back to the house... so in 2015 I was now in a relationship with a British partner and we went to seek legal advise and he said the reason was because of tofel test I took and hone office was cracking down and advised I make a call to the home office as regard my application which I did and the representative told me categorically my application was still under process so I took her name for reference purpose, few days later went back to my solicitor and he then made a further representation to the home office stating they make a decision as I have a British partner and would like to get married..in 2016 my partner was pregnant and then had the baby in 2017 so I submitted my application under flrfp since January 2018 and done biometric in February 2018 up until now I haven’t got any reply or decision please does anyone have an idea what would become the outcome of my application...Owen
This is not the correct topic for your complex situation. Your previous post was split to its own topic, link below. Please continue there.

immigration-for-family-members/previous ... l#p1689631
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Seaman2018
Newly Registered

Post by Seaman2018 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:24 pm

But it’s relating to ets text

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Seaman2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:24 pm
But it’s relating to ets text
Your questions are too broad and complex. This topic is about members who are challenging HO in court re ETS.

Please continue in the topic link I have posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sandeep10
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sandeep10 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi my TOEIC case link to r Islam and hossain those cases are compromise now I waiting to what happened with my JR case anybody know what happened with others cases which is like to those two cases

anabat22

Post by anabat22 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi Sandeep

My case is related to Islam and Hossain and waiting a reply from GLD. I did not understand what you mean by comporise. Have anyone received a comporise? What do you have received so far?

Sandeep10
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sandeep10 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:34 pm

No I not receive anything I want know what do pending cases which is link to those tow cases

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Kalex wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:01 pm
GeetL wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:53 pm
Kalex wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:36 am
hi guys,

can I request the spreadsheet from ETS lookup tool under SAR?

thanks
Kalex,
Did you manage to find out if you could get the spreadsheet? I would imagine this may not be shared as it contains many people’s information but if you did please let us know. I’ve asked Out solicitor about this too - pending response.
Well GeetL no i am still searching for an answer. I read so many appeal cases on upper tribunal website and in almost all the cases home office has provided the spreadsheet from lookup tool.

Based on the description provided in those cases
I believe the document is just about applicant test.

There are so many people who have already filed there appeals and some of them has attended the hearings as well. Guys could you please comment how the document look like and is it just about applicant?

Thanks
Hi Kalex

I have found out the spreadsheet is in fact a mark sheet that shows your name and test results broken down by speaking listening etc. Hope this helps.

mrskhan89
Newly Registered

Post by mrskhan89 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Anas786 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:11 am
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your support on this forum
I wish all of you good luck in your cases
I have received the visa last month after two year struggle please see below.......

MY Tier 2 Extension was refused in October 2016, with no right of Appeal on the basis of Toeic, Test took in 2012, although I never used the test for any extension.

Came here on Tier 4:May 2011
Took Toeic Test July 2012 (Never used in any Extension)
Extension Tier 4: Aug 2012
Tier 2 Visa: Aug 2013
Interview about Toeic: July 2015
During Video Interview
She asked following few questions
• How did you find this Course
• How did you booked
• How you paid
• How long did it take
• How many other candidates
• How you did the Preparation

(At the end She apologized for inconvenience caused to me because I never used this test in any extension and she was satisfied from my answers)
After I travelled abroad they never stop me.

Refused Extension Tier 2: Oct 2016 (Because of Toeic)
Refused Admin Review : Nov 2016
Pre action Protocol Letter sent: Dec 2016
1st Response : Dec 2016 (HO asked for an Extension)
2nd Response : Jan 2017 (HO asked for 2nd Extension )
3rd Response : Feb 2017 (HO asked Final Extension)

After final Extension deadline no response, file the JR case because only have 3 month to file the case in court after refusal date

JR Submission in Court: Feb 2017

HO reply to Court : April 2017 (HO need an extension for submitting the Defence Summary)

Court refused permission of J: Sep 2017
Applied for Oral Hearing and got Permission for JR: Dec 2017
(My solicitor requested to HO copy of the interview about toeic took place in 2015 and presented in the court at the time of oral hearing)
Home office requested to withdraw the JR application they want to reconsider the case with in 3 month: March 2018

Documents Received: August 2018.

Thanks again

Regards
Anas
hello everyone I been fighting toeic case for 5 years. I am married to British citizen and recently I have won my appeal in ftt on human rights grounds and ho didn't appeal against it. 2 days ago I have received a letter from ho saying I have been granted leave to remain Alhamdulillah. any idea how long it will take to get the BRP card?

mrskhan89
Newly Registered

Post by mrskhan89 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:42 pm

home office asked for my recent passport size photo and i have sent it straight way. I'm just wondering how long they take to issue the BRP card.
I have been going to reporting as well so I called them to find out if I still have to go for reporting and they said I don't need to go anymore they have cancelled my reporting.

I have been in the UK for 9years came as a tier 4 student. I have always made in time application untill HO accused me of toeic deception.
if I was granted visa on human rights ground does 10 years route apply to me? do I get my continuation back? and if I apply for visa detention will ho refuse again on toeic ground? if anyone know about this please let me know.

whoever fighting toeic case I wish everyone good luck. keep fighting and don't give up you will success at the end InshaAllah.

peteragm
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by peteragm » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Sandeep10 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:34 pm
No I not receive anything I want know what do pending cases which is link to those tow cases
Hi Sandeep & Anabaat

I'm like you both still waiting to hear anything, as far as I understand and after consulting my barrister we should receive a letter from the court which will give us an option to choose from either apply for a fresh application based on human rights or carry on with our JR .
This has been going for over 4 months now ,I have called up the court for few times but don't receive any useful answer , they keep telling me still in queue :(

Ali Khan555
BANNED
Bahrain

Post by Ali Khan555 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:38 am

Hello Anabaat

Thank you very much for your kind reply, I know you went through this toiec issue.
If you can please help me I have a hearing as My ILR was refused but I got a right of Appeal in the country as I have done 8 other english tests in the UK. DO YOU KNOW if the judge will ask any question regarding toiec test? what questions if you can please write with some information and answers what did you reply to the question they asked you. I would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks alot

Ali

anabat22

Post by anabat22 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:06 pm

Ali Khan555 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:38 am
Hello Anabaat

Thank you very much for your kind reply, I know you went through this toiec issue.
If you can please help me I have a hearing as My ILR was refused but I got a right of Appeal in the country as I have done 8 other english tests in the UK. DO YOU KNOW if the judge will ask any question regarding toiec test? what questions if you can please write with some information and answers what did you reply to the question they asked you. I would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks alot

Ali
Hi Ali

My hearing is next month, when is yours? I haven't been asked any questions, but many people post the questions on this forum like Anas wrote in his post the following questions have been asked at the hearing

• How did you find this Course
• How did you booked
• How you paid
• How long did it take
• How many other candidates
• How you did the Preparation

I would add more based on others' experience, judge will ask why you paid in cash, why you did not paid through bank? Did you receive any receipt? Lot more questions about test they will ask. So you should well prepared about how the test was, test pattern etc

Thanks
Ana

Ali Khan555
BANNED
Bahrain

Post by Ali Khan555 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:56 am

Dear Anabat

thank you for the reply you are right. the fees I paid was I think 125 for one set and 84 pounds for the other set please make sure with the price. My hearing is in January. Please share the info of your hearing once its finish. I really hopes this will be the last stop for you and you get your visa straight away. good luck my friend. I have friends who got there visa in ftt. and the home office dosent appeal.

anabat22

Post by anabat22 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello Ali

I'm sure I had paid £180 (£90 for each set). Both sets have the same fee. Please confirm with others.

I will definitely share my experience the day of hearing. I hope everything will go fine. Please remember me in your duas.

Anabat

Ali Khan555
BANNED
Bahrain

Post by Ali Khan555 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:02 am

Dear Anabat,

Did you take any reciept from the college when you did your ets test booking? have you ever asked any one else how much did they pay????

I will keep you in my duas dont worry you will win In sha Allah.

Regards

Ali

anabat22

Post by anabat22 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:28 am

Hi Ali

One of the test fee I directly paid to ETS head office and they confirmed me through email the fee is £90 for one set and I have that email in my record.

Ali Khan555
BANNED
Bahrain

Post by Ali Khan555 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:21 am

Dear Anabaat,

thanks alot and good luck.

regards

Ali

Rabilal123
Newly Registered

Post by Rabilal123 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:33 pm

hello ana,The home office ,GLD have sent the proposal but no further updates are available.

Hello Rabilal, the agreement is not only between Islam and Hossain, the proposal will be sent to all who are waiting for this jusdgement. Who doesn’t have any type of appeal right. So, why are you upset? I was there and heard the hearing. Mr Biggs and knaffler was leading the case.

We (NGO, media, MPs and toeic affected migrants) are going to the parliament next week to raise this issue...... if you would like to join us please come. I would also like to invite anyone who is reading this post please let me know your interest and send me personal message. Please join us on twitter and Facebook regarding toeic issue.

It will be our last attempt to go to the parliament and raise our voice to end this battle... so please come

Ana
[/quote]

Could you please summarize the proposal here.

Thanks
[/quote]

Jabir314
Pakistan

Post by Jabir314 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:58 am

Rabilal123 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:33 pm
hello ana,The home office ,GLD have sent the proposal but no further updates are available.

Hello Rabilal, the agreement is not only between Islam and Hossain, the proposal will be sent to all who are waiting for this jusdgement. Who doesn’t have any type of appeal right. So, why are you upset? I was there and heard the hearing. Mr Biggs and knaffler was leading the case.

We (NGO, media, MPs and toeic affected migrants) are going to the parliament next week to raise this issue...... if you would like to join us please come. I would also like to invite anyone who is reading this post please let me know your interest and send me personal message. Please join us on twitter and Facebook regarding toeic issue.

It will be our last attempt to go to the parliament and raise our voice to end this battle... so please come

Ana
Could you please summarize the proposal here.

Thanks
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hello guys
I been reading this from last one year. No idea what gonna happen to us. I applied for iLR after 3 years of marriage just after proceeding my divorce my partner left uk for her home country. HO refused my application that my divorce is not fainalised yet so I’m still a family member of EEA and I didn’t provide my partner original ID/Passport. So I appeal HO decision and hearing was 6september 2018. Just before 4 days of hearing HO served the tribunal with toeic bundle against me which I did in 2012. I adjourned the court as I wasn’t ready for this to be questioned. Now my hearing in March 2019.
Anyone out there have an idea could home office bring this toeic issue under the EU applications? Really confused about it.
Good luck everyone

peteragm
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by peteragm » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:30 pm

hi guys ,
I want to give you a quick update
My case is one of those cases related on Islam and Hossain case , and today i received a phone call from the HO legal representative asking me whether i want to dismiss my JR and allow the HO to review my application again or I wanted to carry on with my JR, I asked her to send my email with everything so that i can show it to my solicitor but haven't received anything yet .
Please if anyone have had any correspondence let us know.
Good luck everyone

anabat22

Post by anabat22 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi Peter
I never heard they directly call to the client if the matter is dealing via solicitor. please make sure they contact your solicitor and barrister. How they will remove the toeic allegation. Reconsideration means will they remove the deception?

My case is also related to Islam and hossain. But I have two allegation one toeic second vanacey is not genuine. I got the hearing in Ftt this month once I clear the toeic then they deal with the second point. GLD wrote to my solicitor today and toeic issue will be dealt in FTT.

Ana

peteragm
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by peteragm » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi Anabat
below is what I received by email yesterday from GLD . Please let me know if anyone have received similar consent order.

"
Dear Mr ------,

I am instructed in this case on behalf of the SSHD.

My client has had an opportunity to consider your application for permission to apply for judicial review and proposes to review your human rights claim.

My client proposes to allow you to make further submissions in relation to deception and human rights (Article 8) within 28 days of the sealing of an agreed order. My client further proposes, to issue you with a new decision within three months of the date on which he receives that evidence.

With that in mind, we would like to know whether you are willing to rely on the grounds contained in the Pre-action Protocol letter, or whether you wish to make any further submissions

If you are amenable to the terms of this settlement, please sign the attached form of consent and return it to me. I will then arrange for it to be filed at court.

CONSENT ORDER

UPON the Applicant providing the Respondent with any further submissions that the Applicant would like to make in relation to deception and human rights (Article 8) within 28 days of the sealing of an agreed order;
AND UPON the Respondent, thereafter, agreeing to issue the Applicant with a new decision within 3 months of receipt of the Applicant’s further submissions;
BY CONSENT, it is ordered that:-
1. The Applicant do have leave to withdraw the above-numbered claim for judicial review.
2. The Respondent do pay the Applicant’s reasonable costs, to be assessed on a standard basis if not agreed.