ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1A Code

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hermes03
Newly Registered
Brazil

Stamp 1A Code

Post by Hermes03 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:39 am

Hi, good day.
Me and my wife are planning on going to London this month.
I`m Brazilian , she`s Lithuanian.
I have no visa, so I read that if you travel together with your EU partner , you can apply at the aiport for a stamp code A1 , ( which gives you the same writes as a EEA family permit ) , which gives you the right to live and work.
and then you can apply for a residence card.
is this information correct ?
and if yes, I should present documents as proof of my legitimate marriage with
my wife.
As England is not part of Schengen, I should not make a appostile of our marriage document. but should I translate it ? or there would have the possibility of recognition of it`s legality by the immigration staff?
Thank you very much.

Att. Hermes

tiems
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: Stamp 1A Code

Post by tiems » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:08 am

I would make sure it’s a certified translation. You’d need it to apply for your residence card regardless, so there’s no harm in having it done early.

This is the route me and my husband took, but I feel they didn’t mind too much as his country of origin doesn’t require a visa to enter the U.K. anyway. They might scrutinise it more if this is normally required, and there might be issues with airline staff letting you board. If necessary print out some details detailing EU rights.

Lastly, you’ll find it hard to find an employer willing to hire someone with just the stamp. But apply for the residence card ASAP, and the COA should have right to work if the EU spouse is excercising treaty rights.

Good luck!