ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

!NEED DESPERATE HELP! ILR Long residence application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agi0225
Newly Registered
Korea South

!NEED DESPERATE HELP! ILR Long residence application

Post by agi0225 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:48 am

Hi I desperately need some help with my online application form. I do not have any dependents and I am applying under long residence (10 year) category.

From 20 December 2008 until 2012, I have stayed as Tier 2 dependents.
From 2012 to 2014 I have stayed in the UK as Sole representative visa dependents.
From 2014 till now, I am staying under Tier 4 general student visa.

My questions is if I need to provide any finance evidence on Tier 2 and Sole representative visa though I did not work under my dad's companies. If this is the case, what kind of financial evidence do I need to provide?
Also My parents are giving financial support until now so do I need to give my dad's bank statements along with mine? What kind of document do I need for this? Also, do I need to still present National Insurance number and Birth certificate even though I have all the passports and BRP card that covers the last 10 year of residency in the UK?

Second question is about life in the UK test. I have not taken the Life in the UK test yet but I am planning to take it on or after submission of the online application form. I am confused because they ask me if I have passed the life in the UK test, on online application form. When I answer that I have not on the online application form, it does not tell me in the document section that I need to submit the certificate for the life in the UK test. But when I say that I have passed it, then the website tells me that need to provide pass certificate of Life in the UK test. Can I say I have not passed the test and I understand that I am not exempt for the test, and then provide it when I go to the premium centre?

Thirdly, I have been to Italy and France while I was on holiday in 2011. I do not know why but I do not have a stamp from the airport security when I travelled from France to Italy. I guess this is because I travelled within the EU countries. So I only carry stamps when I left the UK/entering France and a stamp showing when I came back to the UK. Is it possible to just say this:
For France
Q. When did you leave the UK? A. 18th July 2011
Q. When did you come back to the UK? A. 21st July 2011
For Italy
Q.When did you leave the UK? A. 21st July 2011
Q. When did you comeback to the UK? A. 25th July 2011

Fourthly, I have recently seen that there is a change in the UKVI service and now they are using the new UK visa service called UKVCAS service. I am very confused about this. It says I can no longer apply for premium centre service (unless you are on family life ot private life route) if you apply after 29th November. The website says:
"If you apply on or before 29 November 2018, you can choose to use the existing service and enrol your biometric information at the Post Office or a Premium Service Centre."
Does this mean I can submit the online application form by 29th November to book an appointment for premium centre after 29th? or does this mean I can submit the online application form and make appointment at the premium centre where the latest appointment day is 29th November?

If the latter is true, I have problems because I previously planned to submit the online application form from 45 days in advance to the 10-year-period (5th November). Then after submission I wanted to book for appointment at the premium centre 28 days in advance (22nd November). Now because I did not take Life in the UK test yet, I do not know if I can make the appointment until 29th November. What can I do? Can I still book for appointment and take life in the UK tests in the meanwhile? I am confused if it would be more beneficial to apply with the new service, as long as the service do not differ much in terms of cost and the application processing time.

Finally, the website says I can book a premium service appointment up to 45 days in advance and if I am not applying for ILR with family, I cannot book the application for service centre as part of the online form and I can only book to apply in person at a premium service centre - I will need to take the completed paper form with me. Does this mean I need to fill in the paper form (SET(LR))? Can I just submit the online form and print this? Also does this mean I can book for the premium centre online myself, pay the fee online, and then bring the completed paper form straight to the premium centre without sending the form or any documentation to Home office in advance?

I am sorry for the long question but this is extremely important to me.

I really need desperate help from experts on this! especially about applying before passing the life in the UK test and about the new UKVCAS service. Thank you!

vinny

Re: !NEED DESPERATE HELP! ILR Long residence application

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:00 am

Second question. I think you should satisfy the KoLL requirements before applying. You had about 10 years to do it!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

agi0225
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by agi0225 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:31 am

Thanks vinny.

So if I am understanding correctly, I need to pass the Life in the UK test before submitting the application form. Right?
Is this also the case if I book for an appointment in person for the premium service before 29th November and pay for the fees online?
I thought that I can fill in the paper form (SET (LR)), pass the test at least 2 days before appointment date and bring the paper form & pass certificate for the test to the premium centre on the day of appointment.
Am I correct?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:40 am

As far as I know you have to pass the Life in UK test and enter the notification pass number and all details in the form BEFORE you submit it.

You would have to pass it before you make an application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:44 am

You need English B1 or a UK degree or foreign degree NARIC assessment also. It is not only the LIUK you need.

The online form asks you for both details.

Note that the paper forms have been withdrawn as well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

agi0225
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by agi0225 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:44 am
You need English B1 or a UK degree or foreign degree NARIC assessment also. It is not only the LIUK you need.

Thank you. I forgot to mention that I do have UK undergraduate degree so I am going to use my degree certificate.

I wanted to ask what is the earliest date I can apply for the UKVCAS service. Before using the premium centre, the website said I can book up to 45 days in advance (5th November) for an appointment which should be up to 28 days in advance (22nd November) but now I do not know if this is also the case for UKVCAS. I think the website says I can only book up to 5 days in advance (17th November) for an appointment (which I guess is still up to 28days in advance) for UKVCAS? Does that mean I have to wait until 17th November to book for appointment on 22nd?

What if I want to use the existing service? How would I know if I submit 45 days in advance and then try to book for appointment and there would be spaces left for premium centre before 29th November (before I can still use the premium centre)?

Thank you so much for help.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:20 pm

agi0225 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:29 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:44 am

Thank you. I forgot to mention that I do have UK undergraduate degree so I am going to use my degree certificate.

I wanted to ask what is the earliest date I can apply for the UKVCAS service. Before using the premium centre, the website said I can book up to 45 days in advance (5th November) for an appointment which should be up to 28 days in advance (22nd November) but now I do not know if this is also the case for UKVCAS. I think the website says I can only book up to 5 days in advance (17th November) for an appointment (which I guess is still up to 28days in advance) for UKVCAS? Does that mean I have to wait until 17th November to book for appointment on 22nd?

What if I want to use the existing service? How would I know if I submit 45 days in advance and then try to book for appointment and there would be spaces left for premium centre before 29th November (before I can still use the premium centre)?

Thank you so much for help.
Even if you use the existing service, you will still need to complete the online form because paper forms have been withdrawn. As advised, go write the Life in the UK test and come back to complete the online application. Note that you need at least 3 days or so (can't remember exactly) after passing the life in the UK test before making an application. Again if you use the existing service, I can almost tell you that you will not get an appointment for a premium service.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

agi0225
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by agi0225 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:46 pm

[/quote]

Even if you use the existing service, you will still need to complete the online form because paper forms have been withdrawn. As advised, go write the Life in the UK test and come back to complete the online application. Note that you need at least 3 days or so (can't remember exactly) after passing the life in the UK test before making an application. Again if you use the existing service, I can almost tell you that you will not get an appointment for a premium service.
[/quote]

I will take online application form now, taking your and other people's advice. It seems like it would be difficult to make it to use the existing premium centres by reading other discussions. So I made up my mind to just use the new service. Thank you.

I will take my life in the UK test soon as I have been revising for some time and want to take it end of this week or next week. I will make sure that this is at least 3 days before submitting my online application.

Now when I read the information about timeline on the new UK visa and citizenship, it says that I should attend a biometrics appointment within 5 working days after submitting my online application, as this will increase your chances of getting a decision within -- dates (depending on what services you take). I wish to take priority or super priority service so does this mean that I should submit the online application from 17th November and apply for a biometric appointment for 22nd November? Or would it be better to apply as soon as possible (like 3 days after passing the life in the UK test) and book for biometric appointment on 22nd (28 days in advance)?

agi0225
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by agi0225 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:47 pm

agi0225 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:48 am
Hi I desperately need some help with my online application form. I do not have any dependents and I am applying under long residence (10 year) category.

From 20 December 2008 until 2012, I have stayed as Tier 2 dependents.
From 2012 to 2014 I have stayed in the UK as Sole representative visa dependents.
From 2014 till now, I am staying under Tier 4 general student visa.

My questions is if I need to provide any finance evidence on Tier 2 and Sole representative visa though I did not work under my dad's companies. If this is the case, what kind of financial evidence do I need to provide?
Also My parents are giving financial support until now so do I need to give my dad's bank statements along with mine? What kind of document do I need for this? Also, do I need to still present National Insurance number and Birth certificate even though I have all the passports and BRP card that covers the last 10 year of residency in the UK?
Plus does anyone know an answer for this question?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm

There is NO financial requirement or evidence needed for ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.