ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scanning documents under new application process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

michali
Member of Standing

Scanning documents under new application process

Post by michali » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:35 pm

I realise very few people will have tried out the new system but those who have had a look at the form and supporting documents, do we have to scan entire passport and previous passports of the applicant and sponsor? We are elderly and my husband has about six or seven passports! How on earth will I scan every page of each one?!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Scanning documents under new application process

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm

As you yourself stated, the changed process is very new so have not seen a lot of feedback on scanning.
However, as per the new documents, scanning (self upload) is optional. You can either self upload or take all the evidence to the UKVCAS centre and they will upload it for you. Maybe that will be a better option for you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Thanks! I may have to it that way but I would prefer to upload my own as I would want to be able to check to make sure everything was uploaded. I wonder if we can check that if the scanning is done at one of the centres?

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:04 pm

I am hoping so but will see once the process is fully implemented and any forum member updates us.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:19 pm

michali wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:45 pm
Thanks! I may have to it that way but I would prefer to upload my own as I would want to be able to check to make sure everything was uploaded. I wonder if we can check that if the scanning is done at one of the centres?

https://www.soprasteria.com/docs/librar ... rvices.pdf

Please refer to this link “document checking” value added service which may help you
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:02 am

Thanks! I did see that document and Document Checking seems a good option. I can see us paying for all the extras! I would think that we would also be able to see what has been uploaded. I am sure it will all not seem so daunting when we hear of others experiences when they have been through the process.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:03 am

if this new system works efficiently, it could be a great improvement.

kartikannamalai
Newly Registered
India

Post by kartikannamalai » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:07 am

Has anybody booked an appointment with the new UKVCAS system?

Can you please advise if the scanned documents has to be in .pdf or .jpeg extension?

Are there any specifications of the DPI(Resolution) rating required?

With Regards,
Kartik

Thara
Newly Registered

Post by Thara » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Can you please tell me how many documents to be scan for proof of address and do I need to scan all pages of passports and what is the specifications for scanning

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:34 pm

I had my super priority appointment at Croydon today and they scanned all my documents for me without a charge. I had called them up to clarify if I needed to upload my documents beforehand and they advised that it's up to the applicant - if documents are uploaded by the applicant then they will check that they're in order and submit them for us, or if not uploaded by applicant then they will scan them for us.

However, this is only up until January after which applicants should either upload all the documents themselves before their appointment, or pay to use the document checking/scanning service.

Hope this helps someone!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:32 pm

Thanks! That is helpful. My concern is my husband's abundance of passports which I am intending to scan myself and I guess upload. I presume I could either just upload those myself and pay for the Centre to upload the rest of his documents or upload everything myself. I will decide nearer the time and based on others' experience.

mateen123
Newly Registered

Post by mateen123 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:37 pm

Do you guys know how much they charge to scan the documents ? My appointment is in Croydon in January. Will they still charge ?