ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New immigration system query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jayrose17
South Africa

New immigration system query

Post by Jayrose17 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:16 pm

I have done my application online on 2nd November for the new system. I will get an appointment to give all my evidence on the 19th of December as my visa expires on the15th of January and I will be within the 28 days then.
1. It is asking for further evidence of my absence fro UK?
I have averaged only about 63 days outside the UK the last three years and 90 in first year. I thought no other evidence is needed other than stating my absences and submitting copies of all the stamps in my passport.
Lastly I did my application now but will only be considered once I have sent all the required documents.
This is the 19th of Dec or later which falls within the 28 day window.
A. What other evidence must I provide for absences?
Do you think my electronic application submitted now will impact seen that it is before the 19th December? Bearing in mind my documents etc will only be submitted after the 19th of December?
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: New immigration system query

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Jayrose17 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:16 pm
I have done my application online on 2nd November for the new system. I will get an appointment to give all my evidence on the 19th of December as my visa expires on the15th of January and I will be within the 28 days then.
1. It is asking for further evidence of my absence fro UK?
I have averaged only about 63 days outside the UK the last three years and 90 in first year. I thought no other evidence is needed other than stating my absences and submitting copies of all the stamps in my passport.
Lastly I did my application now but will only be considered once I have sent all the required documents.
This is the 19th of Dec or later which falls within the 28 day window.
A. What other evidence must I provide for absences?
Do you think my electronic application submitted now will impact seen that it is before the 19th December? Bearing in mind my documents etc will only be submitted after the 19th of December?
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks
What route are you applying through? And have you chosen your appointment already or you are planning to choose 19th December?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Route ancestry
Applying for 19th December when available after local branch opens from 26th November.
To make sure all goes through within the 28 day time frame before my visa expires on the 15th January

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:50 pm

My personal understanding is that if you get an appointment for your Biometrics and evidence submission within the 28 days window before your visa expiry date(15th Jan), It should be absolutely fine.

It would be a good idea to upload documents in the meanwhile if it allows to do so.

Regards

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Thank you
Any idea on my checklist by them
Other evidence of my reasons for being out of UK??
I stated I went on holiday and visited my mother and also girlfriend.
I did not even come close to 180 days per year. Average was only 66. With first year 90. This last year only 32.

What is this other evidence... is it just copies of my stamps on my passport or what?