ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gathor
Newly Registered

Proof of living in the UK

Post by gathor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi,
I am having trouble finding the exact documents needed in AN guide and booklet. I found info on this site but I would like to know where it came from as in official guide/document.
I am househusband since my last job closed down and my wife is working full time.
My query is:

1. I understand that for my wife it will be enough for provide P60s from last 6 years as a proof of living in the UK, is that right?
2. For me, the only thing that can be of use are annual Tax Credits review/summary as they don't accept any household bills. Tax Credits letters have my and my wife names on them and state that we are living in the UK on the given yearly dates (so 04/2013 to 2017). Anything else someone like me can provide or these Tax Credits annuals will be enough?
3. Is my son's letter from school and nursery plus his full birth certificate is perfectly fine for his application?

Thanks for reading, mad.

kayden636
BANNED

Re: Proof of living in the UK

Post by kayden636 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:51 pm

just to prove resdence just ur pasport u dont need to send tax doucoment or anything elss

beckydee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by beckydee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:39 pm

kayden636 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:51 pm
just to prove resdence just ur pasport u dont need to send tax doucoment or anything elss
This is only the case for non-EU/EEA applicants. If a passport isn't stamped on entry or exit from the UK it doesn't show when someone was living in the UK.

gathor
Newly Registered

Post by gathor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:37 pm

Yes, beckydee you are right. If I had stamped passport this probably wouldn't be an issue. I contacted the office via email but the response received was just a generic type one. Basic information only.
If anyone can chip in and help me out here that would be great.
Thank you, mad.

gathor
Newly Registered

Post by gathor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 am

I sent another email and got this response :
"• Your passports
• If you are unable to provide your passport explain why on page 22 and supply letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s, educational establishments or other government departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period

If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom, for example because you have a right of abode in the United Kingdom or you are a national of the “Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus” or Taiwan, you must send your passport and also provide alternative evidence of residence as above."

I am pretty sure Tax Credits awards will be accepted then as these come from government department of credits. I am also given advice to seek independent immigration help if I need further help. I find it bit strange that they can't answer yes or no. It feels like "send all you got and we will see". In a matter of such importance as British Citizenship there should not be any doubt in my opinion. Surely case officers that handle these situations could produce a list with accepted documents as there aren't that many of them.

What do you think, am I fine to try and apply with my family?
Mad.