ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advise, wrong surname printed on BRP (spouse visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Help! Different name on Passport and Spouse Visa

Post by kof022 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi,
So i changed my name on my passport to my married name because I wanted my new BRP (due to be applied for in December) to have my married name.
I applied in July because passport could take months to complete and i wanted it to be done in time for my spouse visa extension application in Dec, surprisingly the name change was completed in July. Now i am reading that I may be fined because it will be more than 90 days since i had the name change on the passport as it now November and my spouse visa extension is in Dec. I still have my old passport which has the name on my current BRP, will it be okay to provide that with my new passport as proof of identity when applying?
Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Help! Different name on Passport and Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:01 am

If the marriage certificate has married name which matches with passport then more likely there won't be any issue with name change.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Help! Different name on Passport and Spouse Visa

Post by kof022 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:43 am

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Need advise, wrong surname printed on BRP (spouse visa)

Post by kof022 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Hello,
I applied for my visa through the premium center in Birmingham on the 28th of December and got approved. I received my BRP on the 3rd of December but they printed my maiden name as my surname. I had changed my passport surname to my married name and i hoped they would use the name on my current passport, but they used my maiden name instead. i filled the BRP error form as instructed by the letter that arrived with my BRP but they replied saying that the name on my BRP is the name they have on their system. But suggested i contacted the premium center if i need more answers. The number on google does not work and looks like the only way to contact them is by writing a letter. I am not hoping for a quick reply and i won't be surprised if i don't get one. does anyone have any idea on how i should rectify this issue? Would it be okay for me to go to the center in person and complain?
Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Need advise, wrong surname printed on BRP (spouse visa)

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:16 pm

kof022 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 pm
Hello,
I applied for my visa through the premium center in Birmingham on the 28th of December and got approved. I received my BRP on the 3rd of December but they printed my maiden name as my surname. I had changed my passport surname to my married name and i hoped they would use the name on my current passport, but they used my maiden name instead. i filled the BRP error form as instructed by the letter that arrived with my BRP but they replied saying that the name on my BRP is the name they have on their system. But suggested i contacted the premium center if i need more answers. The number on google does not work and looks like the only way to contact them is by writing a letter. I am not hoping for a quick reply and i won't be surprised if i don't get one. does anyone have any idea on how i should rectify this issue? Would it be okay for me to go to the center in person and complain?
Thanks in advance
Why during the premium centre appointment you hadn't updated new married name with them. Usually marriage certificate is sufficient to prove it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Need advise, wrong surname printed on BRP (spouse visa)

Post by kof022 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:33 pm

I provided details about the name change. I wrote a cover letter, told the case worker verbally, my forms were filled using my married name and my new passport has my married name