ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Account inquiry

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mouniab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Account inquiry

Post by Mouniab » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:34 am

Hello , I have a question regarding the tier 4 visa application . More specifically the account. Should I use mine ( where my father would transfer money to ) or use my father's account directly. If i ever use mine should i provide the source of money if yes how . I chosed the january intake . Thank you :)

san1z
Pakistan

Re: Account inquiry

Post by san1z » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:12 pm

You should use yours. And you should also provide the source of your funds. Attach some financial documents like a business bank statement

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:18 am

Mouniab wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:34 am
Should I use mine ( where my father would transfer money to ) or use my father's account directly. If i ever use mine should i provide the source of money if yes how .
Either is fine. See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-5347
san1z wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:12 pm
Attach some financial documents like a business bank statement
This is terrible advice. Appendix C, paragraph 1B is clear that only statements from a personal bank account are acceptable.

1B. In all cases [...] the specified documents are:
(a) Personal bank or building society statements which satisfy the following requirements:
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:20 pm

[/quote]
This is terrible advice. Appendix C, paragraph 1B is clear that only statements from a personal bank account are acceptable.

1B. In all cases [...] the specified documents are:
(a) Personal bank or building society statements which satisfy the following requirements:

[/quote]

I was asked about the occupation of my father but in refusal, they said that i was asked about his earning and hence doubt the source of funds. How was i supposed to prove them the source of my funds?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:45 pm

san1z wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:20 pm
I was asked about the occupation of my father but in refusal, they said that i was asked about his earning and hence doubt the source of funds. How was i supposed to prove them the source of my funds?
To clarify, there are two separate issues here.

An applicant who is using evidence of money held in a bank account in their own name, or in a parent's name, can only show money that is held in a personal account, not in a business account.

Separately, if showing evidence of money in a parent's personal account, it must be clear that this money is genuinely available for you to use for your fees and living costs, and is therefore over and above what the parent needs for their own living costs. This is when it would be useful to show further addtional evidence of the parent's financial situation, including their salary and business. This is just to make it clear that the money in their personal account, while held in their name, is reasonable and clearly available for you to spend on your fees and living costs.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.