ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does Spouse OCI take?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jfrusc

How long does Spouse OCI take?

Post by jfrusc » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:08 pm

I've just received OCI cards for myself and my children. I'm going to submit my wifes application tomorrow in London. Can anyone thats recently applied for a spouse OCI share how long it took.

Also if its likely to take time, can anyone confirm cost and time required for an e-visa? We're travelling end of Jan, so worst case will have to go the e-visa route for her.

jfrusc

Re: How long does Spouse OCI take?

Post by jfrusc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Submitted my wife's OCI, so will come back and answer my own question when its processed. Hopefully others will chip in with their own experience in the meantime. I searched the main OCI sticky and not many timelines there for the spouse route. Moreover the ones that have been shared are generally older.

jfrusc

Post by jfrusc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Anyone? :(

supernova

Post by supernova » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:31 am

I don't think there is such thing called 'Spouse OCI'. Each adult OCI application is independent based on the person's circumstances. So the processing time should be similar to yours.

For reference, both my wife and I applied for OCI on 25th Oct and her application is shown as processed on 12th Nov (Mine is still under processing). Hope this gives you some indication.

supernova

Post by supernova » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:40 am

[quote=supernova post_id=1703432 time=1542105117 user_id=35242]
I don't think there is such thing called 'Spouse OCI'. Each adult OCI application is independent based on the person's circumstances. So the processing time should be similar to yours.

For reference, both my wife and I applied for OCI on 25th Oct and her application is shown as processed on 12th Nov (Mine is still under processing). Hope this gives you some indication.
[/quote]

I tried to edit the above post but wasn't able to. E-visa is fairly straightforward process. It took us less than 48 hours to receive and I think it costed about 60 per head when we had used it in early 2018

jfrusc

Post by jfrusc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Thank you for the response and sharing your timelines. Its good to hear the e-visa doesnt take long.

WRT "spouse OCI", I mean OCI application on the basis of ones spouse being of Indian origin (my wife is not of Indian Origin). As opposed to myself and my children who are entitled on the basis that we are of Indian origin.

Reading through the threads, it appears the "spouse OCI" used to take a lot longer to attain. When I submitted the application VFS global said it can take upto 6 months. But i've read a few posts stating its issued faster recently. So I was just hoping some people would be able to share their timelines to put my mind at ease.

jfrusc

Post by jfrusc » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Well 21 days have passed now and still "under process" so we've emailed HCI London to ask the reason for the delay. Not holding out much hope, but figured it cant hurt.

jfrusc

Post by jfrusc » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Date Of Acknowledgment: 09/11/18
Documents Printing Status: 12/12/18

Just over a month in total :) for a spouse OCI

Hope the info is useful to anyone else that comes across this. I know I would have appreciated others coming back to share their timelines.

jfrusc

Post by jfrusc » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 am

My final update, hope it helps others in the future to gauge timeline for Spouse (Non Inidian Origin) application, as there isn't much recent info on this:

OCI Application - Spouse of non Indian Origin (I'm British with OCI card)
VFS Centre: Goswell Road, London
Application Date: 09/11/2018
Date of acknowledgement: 09/11/2018
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED ON 12/12/2018
Dispatched From New Delhi: 12/12/2018
Document received at London : 12/12/2018
Passport submitted in person: 14/12/2018
Passport and OCI card received: 20/12/2018

41 Days in Total from Application to receiving OCI card in hand. 6 Days from submitting PP and receiving it and the OCI card back in post. I submitted the Application to Goswel Rd, but the PP was submitted to Hounslow.