ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for EEA family permit in DENMARK while holding a current residence permit in BELGIUM?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eurie
Newly Registered
Philippines

Can I apply for EEA family permit in DENMARK while holding a current residence permit in BELGIUM?

Post by Eurie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Hello everyone! I am planning to get married in Denmark with my Latvian boyfriend who has been living in the UK for 4 years now. I am from The Philippines but I have a residence permit in Belgium that will soon expire on February 2019. I am planning to do my EEA family permit application in Denmark because the processing time is faster than in Belgium. Is it possible? Or do I really need to do the application here in Belgium?

secret.simon

Re: Can I apply for EEA family permit in DENMARK while holding a current residence permit in BELGIUM?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:26 pm

As your question is about applying for a Family Permit in either Denmark or Belgium, and has nothing to do with the UK, moved to the Europe Immigration forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Eurie
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Can I apply for EEA family permit in DENMARK while holding a current residence permit in BELGIUM?

Post by Eurie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:03 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:26 pm
As your question is about applying for a Family Permit in either Denmark or Belgium, and has nothing to do with the UK, moved to the Europe Immigration forum.
@secret.simon I am planning to apply for an EEA Family permit to accompany
my EEA-national husband who is now living in the UK.

My question was - can I apply for the EEA permit from Denmark,
despite holding a Belgian residence permit?

All EEA Family permit applications must be made outside he UK,
so I do not fully understand your remark.

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:58 am

Eurie wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:11 pm
Hello everyone! I am planning to get married in Denmark with my Latvian boyfriend who has been living in the UK for 4 years now. I am from The Philippines but I have a residence permit in Belgium that will soon expire on February 2019. I am planning to do my EEA family permit application in Denmark because the processing time is faster than in Belgium. Is it possible? Or do I really need to do the application here in Belgium?

Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.