ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier 1 (EP Tech Nation) from Tier 2 (General) - employment contracts, taxes?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

somanyforms
Newly Registered
Turkey

Switching to Tier 1 (EP Tech Nation) from Tier 2 (General) - employment contracts, taxes?

Post by somanyforms » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi all,

I have just submitted my Stage 2 application for a Tier 1 Exceptional Promise (Tech Nation) visa. I have been working with my company under a Tier 2 General visa for the last 2+ years, and will continue to do so for roughly six months. Does anyone have experience in keeping the same job after the switch - do you need to make a new contract with your employer and/or notify HMRC, etc? My immigration lawyer was not sure.

I am assuming changing tiers would not affect the tax situation as everything goes through payroll. That is unless I start my own company and invoice for side gigs, which is not going to happen for the next six months.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Re: Switching to Tier 1 (EP Tech Nation) from Tier 2 (General) - employment contracts, taxes?

Post by sptula » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi,

Can you advise how did you manage to apply for Stage 1
have you done it on your own or we need to take someones help ?

acastano
Newly Registered

Re: Switching to Tier 1 (EP Tech Nation) from Tier 2 (General) - employment contracts, taxes?

Post by acastano » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:11 am

No need to do anything in relation of your current job if you are continuing