ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aelondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by aelondon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:20 am

allyf wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:16 pm
Thank you aelondon for advising how the online process is working . It looks very promising.

Nice111, i’m in the same position as you as my visa will be expiring the second week of January which means I will be applying the week of December 17. From what I could see from the new directive, there is no same day service but a next day service Or 10 day service as you say.

I wasn’t sure whether we can start filling out the online application now and booking for the week of December 17 (28 days prior to expiry). Or since the appointments are only showing 5 days in advance that we have to wait for exactly 5 days before? If anyone knows the answer to this it will be much appreciated.
Allyf - why are you waiting to apply until 28 days before your visa expires? What visa are you transferring to ILR from and how many years have you been on it? I'm wondering if you might be confused by the rule that you can only apply for ILR 28 days before you become eligible (e.g. 28 days before the 5th anniversary of being on Tier 2 in my case). Apologies if I have it wrong, but either way you should start filling out the online application now.

Nice111, in terms of same day/next day - I think the new system only promises next day decisions but I'm not 100% sure.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 pm

aelondon wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:20 am
allyf wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:16 pm
Thank you aelondon for advising how the online process is working . It looks very promising.

Nice111, i’m in the same position as you as my visa will be expiring the second week of January which means I will be applying the week of December 17. From what I could see from the new directive, there is no same day service but a next day service Or 10 day service as you say.

I wasn’t sure whether we can start filling out the online application now and booking for the week of December 17 (28 days prior to expiry). Or since the appointments are only showing 5 days in advance that we have to wait for exactly 5 days before? If anyone knows the answer to this it will be much appreciated.
Allyf - why are you waiting to apply until 28 days before your visa expires? What visa are you transferring to ILR from and how many years have you been on it? I'm wondering if you might be confused by the rule that you can only apply for ILR 28 days before you become eligible (e.g. 28 days before the 5th anniversary of being on Tier 2 in my case). Apologies if I have it wrong, but either way you should start filling out the online application now.

Nice111, in terms of same day/next day - I think the new system only promises next day decisions but I'm not 100% sure.
Hi aelondon, thank you so much for your response. I am currently on Flr (m) applying for indefinite leave to remain on set (m). My question regarding the online Application is at what point can someone start the online process if the current visa doesn’t expire until January (in my case anyway.) I know with the previous premium service appointments you could not apply in person until 28 before expiry, otherwise they will refuse your application. I will be doing the overnight priority service with the new online process, but the earliest for my 28 days lands the week of December 17. I’m presuming that my priority service appointment can only take place as of December 17 (28 days before expiry). So does that mean I can proceed filling out the online form, for example, today, so long as my walk in appointment takes place the week of December 17? Will appointments that late in December be showing online as of now? Or is it only 5 days in advance? That is really the only confusion I have at the moment.. but no one seems to have an answer. Any advice or clarity would be much appreciated ! 🙏🏽

natashkin
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by natashkin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi,

I am really confused. I can apply for ILR from 7th December Set(o) route. I was planning to use premium service with a paper application, which seems to be impossible now. What would be the process now in order to get the same experience with the new service:
1) Do I need to go to Standard link instead of Premium and fill in Online application and then can choose same day or can I still do it with paper application? could you post the link please
2) Can I book an appointment for December now?
3) Is 28 days before eligibility applies to face to face appointment or Application submission under the new system?

Thanks

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:58 pm

natashkin wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 pm
Hi,

I am really confused. I can apply for ILR from 7th December Set(o) route. I was planning to use premium service with a paper application, which seems to be impossible now. What would be the process now in order to get the same experience with the new service:
1) Do I need to go to Standard link instead of Premium and fill in Online application and then can choose same day or can I still do it with paper application? could you post the link please
3) Is 28 days before eligibility applies to face to face appointment or Application submission under the new system?

Thanks
Hoping for someone to answer this natashkin!!

Aamx040
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Aamx040 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:12 pm

A lot of PSC spaces today. I gave up my Liverpool for Birmingham in mid-November. Still some for Croydon. Quick people

Mkt87
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Mkt87 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Are people having same issues in November18? Been trying to book since October 30th and no appointments anywhere in the UK. I need it only from mid December but is there a way to secure one? I have looked day and night as have a newborn so constantly up at ungodly hour but still no appointments. Anyone has any advice? Is it best to use computer rather than phone?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Mkt87 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:25 pm
Are people having same issues in November18? Been trying to book since October 30th and no appointments anywhere in the UK. I need it only from mid December but is there a way to secure one? I have looked day and night as have a newborn so constantly up at ungodly hour but still no appointments. Anyone has any advice? Is it best to use computer rather than phone?

Have you read any if the links on the forum and this topic about the new system and the changes that came into effect on the 5th?? Premium service old system won't be available after 29 November!!

***NEW*** UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services Centres Open
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by hunterex » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:00 pm

natashkin wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Hi, I also wait for anyone to answer question 3 above from my post here: indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-da ... l#p1700405

Mkt87
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Mkt87 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Thanks CR001

I will read all the prestory but I spoke with the visa people loads of times and everyone giving diffierent information and they said that changes coming into affect from Nov 5th are not to do with appointments but to do with being able to supply copies of documents or something. No one on the phone told me anything about changes to the old system but I will read the previous posts and if anyone has any links on the gov website about the new system please could you post. Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Mkt87 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:03 pm
Thanks CR001

I will read all the prestory but I spoke with the visa people loads of times and everyone giving diffierent information and they said that changes coming into affect from Nov 5th are not to do with appointments but to do with being able to supply copies of documents or something. No one on the phone told me anything about changes to the old system but I will read the previous posts and if anyone has any links on the gov website about the new system please could you post. Thank you!
Note that the call centre is an outsourced agent service who often give out incorrect advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mkt87
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Mkt87 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Thank you CR001 - I will read all the information online. Many thanks for a quick response!

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:07 pm

boopity wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:23 pm
Hi there,

Can anyone confirm whether an FLRM visa counts as a family visa and will therefore be excluded from the new system? Or can I use the new system?

Thanks!
FLRM is not included in the new system. I spoke to lawyers yesterday and they suggested submitting by post. I told them I can get atleast 4 people for super premium service but I can't contact anyone on this forum.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:54 pm

aka007 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:07 pm
boopity wrote:
Hi there,

Can anyone confirm whether an FLRM visa counts as a family visa and will therefore be excluded from the new system? Or can I use the new system?

Thanks!
FLRM is not included in the new system. I spoke to lawyers yesterday and they suggested submitting by post. I told them I can get atleast 4 people for super premium service but I can't contact anyone on this forum.
HI aka007

When you say FLRM is not included in the new system, Do you mean initial/extension of FLRM or ILR (SETM)?

Kiwi1
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by Kiwi1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Here's the link to the new guidance on govt website. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... pointments

I started my online application but scared to progress to the payments page incase it considers it 'submitted' (because that would be earlier than 28days).

Anyone dared to submit their SET-O application online yet?
Anyone seen the 'bookings' page? (how many appointments slots/days does it show?)

Anyone know if 'applying' is when you submit your online application or if it's when you go to the premium booking in person? Under the old system it was obvious that we weren't 'applying' yet (and we could do it 45 days in advance) - now I'm not sure... ??

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kof022 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:05 pm

aka007 wrote:
boopity wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks!
Hi, I am also applying for FLR M extension and based on the 28 days limit i am due to apply from the 17th of December. I am interested in the super premium as applying by post is not an option for me. Could you please elaborate on how much it will cost and what it entails?

hunterex
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by hunterex » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Kiwi1 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 pm
Here's the link to the new guidance on govt website. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... pointments

I started my online application but scared to progress to the payments page incase it considers it 'submitted' (because that would be earlier than 28days).

Anyone seen the 'bookings' page? (how many appointments slots/days does it show?)

Anyone know if 'applying' is when you submit your online application or if it's when you go to the premium booking in person? Under the old system it was obvious that we weren't 'applying' yet (and we could do it 45 days in advance) - now I'm not sure... ??
Hi, I am in that situation now.. waiting for someone who is more experienced or moderator to answer.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-da ... l#p1700405

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:51 pm

hunterex wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 pm
Kiwi1 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi, I am in that situation now.. waiting for someone who is more experienced or moderator to answer.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-da ... l#p1700405
Me too hunterex and kiwi1. Have asked the same questions many times over the last week without any responses from moderators

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:16 am

nice111 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:54 pm
aka007 wrote:
boopity wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks!
HI aka007

When you say FLRM is not included in the new system, Do you mean initial/extension of FLRM or ILR (SETM)?
Initial and extension. ILR partner/spouse of settled person is included in new service.

neilajgaonkar
Newly Registered

Post by neilajgaonkar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Yes this 'date of application' situation seems not clear. My lawyers too have advised to hold from submitting as they are waiting for confirmation from UKVI. The old postal system took the date of application as date of postage. I think it is same for the new system. Maybe there is some clue in the guidance. Will look

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm

neilajgaonkar wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 pm
Yes this 'date of application' situation seems not clear. My lawyers too have advised to hold from submitting as they are waiting for confirmation from UKVI. The old postal system took the date of application as date of postage. I think it is same for the new system. Maybe there is some clue in the guidance. Will look
Thanks neilajgaonkar. I really hope it’s not the date of submission of the online application. It would be obviously be better if it were the date of the walk in priority service..at least then those people who need to book for December can book a slot ahead of time instead of waiting until a few days before to book. I’m not sure how easy it will be to get an appointment so close to when we need it. As you may know, the former premium service appointments were booked 45 days in advance ...

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Just booked a PSC appointment in Cardiff for 16th Nov for FLRM. London Victoria has been added as a PSC option for FLRM from today morning. Will continue to check till next week if I can get a local slot.

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Folks Many appointments available in Birmingham now. Book quickly. I switched to a later date.

Shanfaz
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shanfaz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi All just to let you know all .I have seen premium service appointments just now 15 mins back I have booked one for my wife FLR M at Cardiff. please hurry up iif your lucky you will get one.

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kof022 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Thanks :) was able to book one in birmingham for 28th Nov. A bit early but better than nothing

nice111

Post by nice111 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:15 pm

allyf wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm
neilajgaonkar wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 pm
Thanks neilajgaonkar. I really hope it’s not the date of submission of the online application. It would be obviously be better if it were the date of the walk in priority service..at least then those people who need to book for December can book a slot ahead of time instead of waiting until a few days before to book. I’m not sure how easy it will be to get an appointment so close to when we need it. As you may know, the former premium service appointments were booked 45 days in advance ...
When I spoke to UKVI they said it will be the date of premium service as you are not submitting your documents and biometrics with online application (which makes sense).

So application wont be considered without documents therefore submission date would be the date of premium service when you submit your documents and biometrics.