ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 - Dependant Documents

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kanna87
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 - Dependant Documents

Post by Kanna87 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:28 am

Hi All,

Good Morning! I am doing DBA. I am planning to bring my wife and Kid to UK. (They already been here. But, last August they went back to India, due to my wife mom passed away).

My Question is:

> What are the documents required?
>How much I need to maintain for both of us?
> Whether I need to get any letter from University? (I have online enrolment letter)?
>Whether they need to take TB test ? (Both of us?) My child is five and half months old? - Born in UK.
> Tenancy Agreement required?

I am waiting for your positive reply. If you have any doubt please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 4 - Dependant Documents

Post by SamTiger » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Your query is very confusing OR not worded properly. You have said your wife and child were with you in UK before. What you mean by "last august"?? say the year. The reason why I ask such is, based on your child's age (5.5 months), it refers to Aug 2018 -- couple of months gone. Did they arrive UK in visit visa or as your dependants? I'm very very confused!!!!

Rules haven't changed much apart from visa fee and few requirements.

See below link, all your questions answered!!

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members

No letter is required from your univ for dependants. Make sure your course is long enough for their stay.

First of all, frame your questions such that it is clear for anyone to answer.

Kanna87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kanna87 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:23 am

SamTiger wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 pm
Your query is very confusing OR not worded properly. You have said your wife and child were with you in UK before. What you mean by "last august"?? say the year. The reason why I ask such is, based on your child's age (5.5 months), it refers to Aug 2018 -- couple of months gone. Did they arrive UK in visit visa or as your dependants? I'm very very confused!!!!

Rules haven't changed much apart from visa fee and few requirements.

See below link, all your questions answered!!

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members

No letter is required from your univ for dependants. Make sure your course is long enough for their stay.

First of all, frame your questions such that it is clear for anyone to answer.
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the confusion. Last month only I applied for Tier 4 Visa. Actually, my plan is to apply visa for my wife and kid also. But, in the last minute my wife wants to fly back to India due to emergency situation. Now their visa is expired in 2018 September month. Now, I am planning to bring my wife and Kid to UK.

>Whether they need to take TB test ? (Both of us?) My child is five and half months old? - Born in UK.

> Tenancy Agreement required?

I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm

You have said your dependants left UK in August and visa expired in September. They will have the same requirements as they had before. You will find all updated info from the link posted in my previous reply. Let us say they left by end of August. If their maintenance funds had already been for more than 28 days and you can apply for visa straightaway, say you apply by November. You will have to check how many days it will take normally for the UK visa outcome in the country they apply. If all docs are fine, say in 30 days they might get visas. If they travel by end of December, it would mean they are out of UK for a period of 4 months, since August.

See this link https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

In "Who does not need to be tested", it says "you’re a returning UK resident and have not been away for more than 2 years". The term "UK resident" is a bit tricky to comprehend and to take this rule to your side. On the other hand, their previous TB certificate is valid only upto 6 months.

On this regard, it is better to have a TB check taken rather than getting denied for not meeting requirements. Even though your child was born in UK, he/she has been out of country for a period of 3 months or more. So it is advisable to have both your dependants' TB check done.

Tenancy agreement will strengthen your application even if you have submitted previously. Do include.

Good luck!!