ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual citizens

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haadi1234
Newly Registered
Mood:

Dual citizens

Post by Haadi1234 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:07 am

Hi

I need help about this question I have ILR since 2012 I have applied naturalization but I have been refused because of good behaviour. Since then I met my wife in Finland got married in Finland we have two boys they are both finish citizen. I want them to be dual citizen are they eligible to British although I don't have British passport only I have indfinate leave to Remain.

Thanks
Hassan

secret.simon

Re: Dual citizens

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:12 am

Where were the children born?

If they were born abroad, then no, they are not eligible to apply for British citizenship based on your ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Haadi1234
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Haadi1234 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:13 am

They were born in Finland Helsinki

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 am

In order for children born abroad to register as British citizens, it is expected that at least one parent has British citizenship and the child and the other parent are settled in the UK.

Any children born to you in the UK would automatically be British citizens.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.