ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR post Nov 2018

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yusufkhan1987

ILR post Nov 2018

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for my wife ILR (SET (M)) on the 5 year Spouse route and will make an appointment in the new year March 2019. I tried looking on how to post on this forum but find it difficult and in the past you have been very helpful.

P.S I know people can't give legal advice and you can only answer the questions to the best of your knowledge and in no way liable as rules can always change.

Situation: We currently have one children together who was born in the UK and has a UK passport. My Spouse was born in Pakistan (the applicant). Neither of us have had any previous marriages and we have lived together as I have my own house.

I have a list of questions below:-

Please could my document list below be checked ahead of my Premium Service appointment and if you feel that I am missing any documents or information please highlight this.

Thank you so much in advance,

1 x Completed SET (M) application form hard copy only not online. I am presuming with a premium service we don't need to fill anything online e.g. sponsorship form etc..? I have seen this link below so I was wondering even if you book with PSC do you still apply online ahead of the appointment alongside filling written form? Or is the only way to apply is online now and then go to PSC? Is there anything significantly different to the Online form compared to Written Form?
Is the written form no longer relevant as of Nov 2018?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm

2 x passport sized photos of my Spouse (Name written on the back)
1 x passport sized photo of myself (Name written on the back)

Would we require these passport photos signed from a professional e.g. (doctor, pharmacist)?

My UK passport. Does this require to be up to date?
My Spouse's up to date Pakistani passport
My Spouse Biometric Permit Number and Card
Our Marriage Certificate
My Partners Birth Certificate
My Birth Certificate
My Child Birth Certificate
My Child UK Passport

Financial Requirement Documents

My salary is above £18,600.00 threshold and I changed jobs in February 2018 but I would have worked for 13 months before the application so would I require 12 months payslips/bank statements or is 6 month sufficient? I am presuming 6 months will be sufficient? Also I would by default make photocopies of everything ahead of PSC appointment in a separate folder as this was helpful to them for my wife's
FLR (M) application.

6 months' official TSB bank statement with our joint bank accounts showing salary.
6 months' payslips signed by payroll with the date being within 28 days of my wife arrival to the UK e.g. 04/04/14 + 5 years so any date after 07/03/19 as booking an appointment will have to be after 07/03/19.

Employment letter from my employer - The letter will confirm:
Name
Job Title
Current Salary and how long I have earn the amount (since 01 February 2018)
Date of employment commenced with my employer (01 February 2018)
Permanent contract
The letter will be signed and dated by HR after 07/03/19.

Trinity College London certificate at B1 level for speaking and listening (passed in May 2018).
Life in the UK Pass Notification Letter (passed in 12/04/17) P.S we did not receive any other letter like the long form with this? In the past I don't know what people meant by the long form or additional letter and to keep it? I asked Learn Direct after the result and they said the Pass Notification Letter is all you get.

Evidence of Cohabitation with my address.

I am presuming these letters will have to be after the FLR date e.g. post December 2016 as this is for a new application ILR?

Home Office letter granting FLR (M) - Addressed to my wife
TSB bank statements- Joint Names
Mobile Phone Bill- Joint as well as my self
Solicitors letter - Addressed jointly
Council Tax Bill - Addressed jointly
United utilities bill - Addressed jointly.
Sainsbury Gas Bill - Addressed Jointly.
NHS letters- Address to my wife.
DVLA letter- Address to my self.
P60 Letter address to myself.
Evidence of accommodation house deed- address to me. Do I need to get a report on living condition and room size? etc...
Signed declation letter by me.

You must provide 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names?

Separate Questions:-

1. Is the fee £2389 plus additional £100 separately for PSC as it stands?

2. I receive Child Benefit and Marriage Tax Allowance under my name will this disqualify my wife as my wife is on no public funds visa?

3. Do I need to pay for IHS for ILR application too or is this not relevant now?

4. On the online form is states provide reason for you wanting to stay in the UK? What is this looking for e.g. I have a child, relationship with partner, love of this country and values, better life opportunities etc... also on the written form 9.14 it states:- Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with why is this relevant? Is this looking for why Pakistan is important to my wife or just background checks?

5. Online form states the following:-

Not sure of the point for the below:- Are they trying to trick you? If you love your original country too much they may reject your visa as you closely tied to it?

Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary? Not really but technically we can. if we answer no will that show lack of love? If we answer yes will that show why you staying here you don't need to be here?

6. Do you have any Home Office reference numbers? Is this the same as Biometric Card Letter we received. Also do we have to re-apply for Biometric card at premium service for ILR same as FLR?

Kind Regards

bluebird12
Pakistan

Re: ILR post Nov 2018

Post by bluebird12 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:19 am

Only online application , no paper form needed , fees for PSC ILR £2999 ( including £610) PSC fees, no IHS fees required , automatically will get BRP with ILR if Application successful, do not need to apply separately,

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:21 am

Hi Bluebird12,

When can you apply for ILR online? E.g Is it still 28 days before your visa will expire from the date of arrival?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:07 pm

yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:21 am
Hi Bluebird12,

When can you apply for ILR online? E.g Is it still 28 days before your visa will expire from the date of arrival?

Regards
It is date of arrival for spouse visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi CR001,

Sorry my wife came 04/04/14 does this mean she has to apply exactly on the 04/04/19? Or can she apply within 28 days of that date e.g 15/03/19 etc...

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:42 pm

She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she ENTERED the UK on her spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you, So the rules are the same as FLR you can apply within 28 days but no sooner thanks for this.

The other questions that I am not sure of I have pasted below and any knowledge on these would be great.

Questions:-

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers? What does this mean? Is this referring to the FLR letter my wife received that showed her BRP number? Not sure what it means by HO reference number?

Would we require these passport photos signed by a professional e.g. (doctor, pharmacist)?

In Evidence of Cohabitation with my address.
I am presuming these 6 joint letters will have to be after the FLR date e.g. post December 2016 as this is for a new application ILR? Or is it any part of the 5 years here?

Are Child Benefit and Marriage Tax Allowance allowed under my name or does this disqualify anyone under no public funds visa as my wife has?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:47 pm

For ILR she can apply no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 60 months residence. This is usually an earlier date than visa expiry, so there is a difference between flr and ILR.
yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:42 pm
The other questions that I am not sure of I have pasted below and any knowledge on these would be great.

Questions:-

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers? What does this mean? Is this referring to the FLR letter my wife received that showed her BRP number? Not sure what it means by HO reference number?

Would we require these passport photos signed by a professional e.g. (doctor, pharmacist)?

In Evidence of Cohabitation with my address.
I am presuming these 6 joint letters will have to be after the FLR date e.g. post December 2016 as this is for a new application ILR? Or is it any part of the 5 years here?

Are Child Benefit and Marriage Tax Allowance allowed under my name or does this disqualify anyone under no public funds visa as my wife has?
1. BRP bumber

2. No.

3. The online form should tell but last 3.5 years should be OK.

4. Child benefit must be in your name only. What do mean by marriage tax allowance?? Do claim child tax credits??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi CR001,

Please kindly update me on the marriage tax allowance to the best of your knowledge.

In addition to this I have another question.

I changed jobs at the beginning of this year in February 2018 at the time of application next year I would have worked over 12 months.

Does this mean 6 months payslips/bank statements are sufficient?

Regards

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Hi CR001,

Another question in addition to the one's I am still waiting for a response on is if you apply for the visa within 28 days of the day of arrival technically when filling out your form in the section how long have you lived here do you put 4 years and 11 month or can you put 5 years. P.S my wife and I have not been outside country for 5 years.

Regards

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:52 am

Hi all,

Can anyone from HR or Payroll sign the payslips or does it have to be Senior payroll/HR?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:39 pm

Yes, anyone in Payroll HR should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you and what about 5 year question that I asked.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:26 pm

You put the exact time lived here. HO do know the rules about the 28 days before concession.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi CR001,

The problem is on the online form you can only put years there is no option to put 4 years and 11 months for example. So if we apply within 28 days e.g. 9/03/18 then technically 5 years have not been reached until 04/04/19 date of arrival minus 5 years.

I hope I am making sense.

Alternatively can I ask is it possible to apply after the date of arrival + 5 years. E.g 5 years will be 04/04/19 as she came in 04/04/14? The BRP card states valid until 14/06/19 so can you apply anytime before BRP expires instead?

Again thank you for your help and I hope I am making sense?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:49 pm

You can put 5 years. Again, HO is fully aware of the rules and the 28 day concession.

You can apply no sooner than within 28 days and at any time after that before the visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:31 am

yusufkhan1987

good luck with your application.

the criteria are similar to FLR you have been through that so prepare your documents get your timing correct and apply.

but now the process is changing slightly. fill in online application form . ( and you have a choice to BUY lots of things, such as Saturday appointment or a quicker decision etc...) then you have to pick a centre

..SIX OF THESE centres are free ones... others charge... so you have a choice ..
make photo copies of all your documents because if they have to do it they will charge you...

good luck
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi all,

If my spouse is applying (Set M) do we still need the 2 photos of her and 1 of me the sponsor?

Do they need to be signed by a professional? Also we have one child who is UK citizen so I'am presuming he does not need a passport photo?

I only ask this because I heard it is all digital now so they take it at the centre instead after you made an appointment when you apply online?

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:55 pm

yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:49 pm
Hi all,

If my spouse is applying (Set M) do we still need the 2 photos of her and 1 of me the sponsor?

Do they need to be signed by a professional? Also we have one child who is UK citizen so I'am presuming he does not need a passport photo?

I only ask this because I heard it is all digital now so they take it at the centre instead after you made an appointment when you apply online?

Regards
No passport photos needed
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:49 pm
You can put 5 years. Again, HO is fully aware of the rules and the 28 day concession.

You can apply no sooner than within 28 days and at any time after that before the visa expires.
Hi CR001,

I hope you are well.

I have read online people are having trouble uploading documents when they go to these Sopra Steria centres usually at libraries that there scanners don't work and you can end up getting your visa rejected as you can't manually upload the documents when there.

The issue is my wife ILR set (M) visa is in by next week so I would be grateful if anyone can answer the following immediately to there best of ability knowing that you can't give legal advice.

I am planning to upload documents online as well as paying the £60.00 fee checking service for them to do it so I have two backups but I have a list of questions:-

1. Is it possible to manually upload them yourself as well as them doing it when there if you pay the checking fee?

2. Do they require 48 hours before they receive the documents onto there system if you do it online yourself hence it is better to book appointment two days after?

3. I heard that you can't submit mandatory documents online and have to submit via the optional button as it does not work? Is this still the case.

4. What are classed as mandatory and optional documents? I have the list below so tell me if anything have been missed.

Mandatory Supporting list for online submission:-

1. Birth certificates for my wife (Pakistani) , child, and myself.

2. Bank statements minimum 6 months, I am not sure if the back of the bank statements need to be copied too where it shows terms and conditions?

3. My payslips which are signed and dated by HR, letter of employment, confirmation of original payslip letter by HR. Do I need to submit the whole of my employment contract online too which is about 22 pages long?

4. My marriage certificate

5. Passport size photo of me and my wife.

6. Supporting signature letter from me the new one you have to submit.

7. My wife up to date Pakistani passport, my UK passport, my child UK born passport. Also does this have to be every page of passport?

P.S my wife old Pakistani passport has the date of arrival to the UK and not her new one so not sure if that should not be submitted too?

8. B1 certificate and Life UK.

9. Proof of residency council tax and my house deed.

10. Home office letter showing BRP number from FLR approval.

Optional list as follows:-

1. My wife NI number

2. Child benefit received in my name only.

3. Correspondence letters:- NHS, Gas and Electrical, water, mobile bills, car insurance, home insurance, bank letter, HM revenue P60 letters these are on either both or separate names at least 5 letters on joint name.

Anything I have missed?

Kind Regards

yusufkhan1987

ILR uploading documents

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:13 am

Hi all,

I hope you are well.

I have read online people are having trouble uploading documents when they go to these Sopra Steria centres usually at libraries that there scanners don't work and you can end up getting your visa rejected as you can't manually upload the documents when there.

The issue is my wife ILR set (M) visa is in by next week so I would be grateful if anyone can answer the following immediately to there best of ability knowing that you can't give legal advice.

I am planning to upload documents online as well as paying the £60.00 fee checking service for them to do it so I have two backups but I have a list of questions:-

1. Is it possible to manually upload them yourself as well as them doing it when there if you pay the checking fee?

2. Do they require 48 hours before they receive the documents onto there system if you do it online yourself hence it is better to book appointment two days after?

3. I heard that you can't submit mandatory documents online and have to submit via the optional button as it does not work? Is this still the case.

4. What are classed as mandatory and optional documents? I have the list below so tell me if anything have been missed.

Mandatory Supporting list for online submission:-

1. Birth certificates for my wife (Pakistani) , child, and myself.

2. Bank statements minimum 6 months, I am not sure if the back of the bank statements need to be copied too where it shows terms and conditions?

3. My payslips which are signed and dated by HR, letter of employment, confirmation of original payslip letter by HR. Do I need to submit the whole of my employment contract online too which is about 22 pages long?

4. My marriage certificate

5. Passport size photo of me and my wife.

6. Supporting signature letter from me the new one you have to submit.

7. My wife up to date Pakistani passport, my UK passport, my child UK born passport. Also does this have to be every page of passport?

P.S my wife old Pakistani passport has the date of arrival to the UK and not her new one so not sure if that should not be submitted too?

8. B1 certificate and Life UK.

9. Proof of residency council tax and my house deed.

10. Home office letter showing BRP number from FLR approval.

Optional list as follows:-

1. My wife NI number

2. Child benefit received in my name only.

3. Correspondence letters:- NHS, Gas and Electrical, water, mobile bills, car insurance, home insurance, bank letter, HM revenue P60 letters these are on either both or separate names at least 5 letters on joint name.

Anything I have missed?

Kind Regards

niiakwei19
Newly Registered

Post by niiakwei19 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:13 pm

yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:13 am
yusufkhan1987
Hi yusuf

Could you please share the outcome of your process, i face a similar situation and need some advice .

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:49 pm

niiakwei19 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:13 pm
yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:13 am
yusufkhan1987
Hi yusuf

Could you please share the outcome of your process, i face a similar situation and need some advice .

Many thanks
ILR was granted and user applied for citizenship for wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)