ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Gap in studies effect my tier 4 visa application? Need help!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sew
Pakistan

Will Gap in studies effect my tier 4 visa application? Need help!!

Post by sew » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:53 am

I did my Undergraduate in Aug 2008. Then from Oct 2008-May 2010 I was working in a very reputable company.
After that I got married and relocated and had some settlement period, I always had plans to study further but then due to the birth of my daughter I had to postpone and wait till she is older.
My previous study and work experience are related to my current field of study. Also I have applied in PG course so it’s an academic progression that will help me get further in-depth knowledge in my field and later allow me to build a much better career.
Do you think that a significant gap is a reason for rejection?
How should I explain this in my application? If in interview I’m not asked why I had a gap in studies should I mention it myself at the end of it? Or should I write a covering letter with my tier 4 visa with some personal statement?
The university has assessed me and they have no doubt that I’m capable enough to successfully complete the course and have received an unconditional letter as well.
Can someone shed some light to it.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Will Gap in studies effect my tier 4 visa application? Need help!!

Post by sah10406 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:34 am

sew wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:53 am
Do you think that a significant gap is a reason for rejection?
How should I explain this in my application? If in interview I’m not asked why I had a gap in studies should I mention it myself at the end of it? Or should I write a covering letter with my tier 4 visa with some personal statement?
The university has assessed me and they have no doubt that I’m capable enough to successfully complete the course and have received an unconditional letter as well.
A gap in studies is something the ECO may ask about at a credibility interview in order to understand your overall educational history and your intentions. But it is not in itself a cause for concern.

If you are concerned about the credibility interview, or you want to know more about how your Tier 4 sponsor has assessed and confirmed your ability and intention to study, just ask them.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sew
Pakistan

Post by sew » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:03 am

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:34 am
A gap in studies is something the ECO may ask about at a credibility interview in order to understand your overall educational history and your intentions. But it is not in itself a cause for concern.
My credibility interview will be via Skype session in the vfs office where all the answers are typed and sent to ECO. It is a possibility that I may not be asked this question. If this question isn’t asked do I need to clear it myself or I should leave it at that.
If asked I will let them know that I willingly opted to be a full time mother and waited till my daughter was abit older so I could Pursue my studies and later a career. Does ukvi consider personal reasons genuine enough?
If you are concerned about the credibility interview, or you want to know more about how your Tier 4 sponsor has assessed and confirmed your ability and intention to study, just ask them.
The university assessed my ability through my UG degree and transcript which contained modules that would help me in the PG course. They also assessed my intention and ability through recommendation letter of my previous employer and one of my professors from previous university.

Keeping the current strict rules and regulations along with hearing that they can refuse on silly things I’m getting very pessimistic.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 am

The only issue that you might face will be in the credibility interview. ECO will ask questions related to the study gap. Make sure you prepare the interview as good as possible and you'll have to convince eco about you being a genuine student.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 am

sew wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:03 am
Keeping the current strict rules and regulations along with hearing that they can refuse on silly things I’m getting very pessimistic.
I strongly advise that you contact the international student adviser at the university to discuss your concerns about the application and the credibility interview. They are highly likely to reassure you that they are unfounded.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sew
Pakistan

Post by sew » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:56 am

san1z wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 am
The only issue that you might face will be in the credibility interview. ECO will ask questions related to the study gap. Make sure you prepare the interview as good as possible and you'll have to convince eco about you being a genuine student.
Thanks I am preparing for the interview, my only concern is if I’m not asked this question do I still need to clarify it at the end of the interview? Or only answer the questions that are asked.

Sah10404 yes I am in touch with them it’s weekend now will further clear things from them on Monday.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:34 am

Don't worry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.