ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Super Priority - decision times upto 6 months?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

boykingin
Newly Registered

ILR Super Priority - decision times upto 6 months?

Post by boykingin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi,

I submitted my SET(O) application yesterday and paid for the new Super Priority ILR service, which promises a decision for most people within 24 hours. I then received access to Sopra Steria run UKVCAS website where I can make appointments and upload my documents. I plan to book my appointment and upload my supporting documents next week. So far so good.

However this morning I received an email from UKVI with a case ID stating that it may take upto 6 months to make a decision on my case. I called up the UKVI contact centre and queried them about the 6 month wait when I was supposed to get a decision within 24 hours. They are clueless and suggested that it may be an admin error although they are not fully sure of that. They have adviced me to proceed to my appointment and the check with the people there.

I am concerned about the situation. Does anyone have any info on this? Does this mean that I wont get a decision in 24 hours ? I am hoping this is an error, but any advice/ information will be highly appreciated.

-John.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Re: ILR Super Priority - decision times upto 6 months?

Post by Josh Hagino » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:28 pm

I have booked my appointment with UKVCAS and now ready to upload my documents online. I did exactly like what you did but i haven't any email from them. Im going to my appointment next thursday in Liverpool and hopefully can get a decision on friday..

However i am facing a problem, im not sure if you had the same??

When I went to upload my documents, under "Mandatory documents" section, it doesn't give me any option to upload anything. There is nothing under document type. However, under "Optional documents" section, I can see that there are many document types I can choose to upload my documents. I am just wondering if there is anything wrong? Why I cannot upload anything under "Mandatory documents" section??

Have you faced the same issue too when uploading documents??

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:12 pm

I havent uploaded my documents yet, but I just checked and I dont have that problem. I have the option to upload documents under Mandatory section.

I think (hope!) we are catching the early teething issues, considering the system just went live last week.

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:51 pm

I am in same situation as @boykingin.

booked appointment on 16/11/2018 and paid for one day service. No clue what will happen after biometrices.

Dryasser
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dryasser » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Wish you all the best but please keep us updated with outcome.

Was it possible to book an appointment during weekend or out of hours ?

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:09 pm

varma24365 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:51 pm

booked appointment on 16/11/2018 and paid for one day service. No clue what will happen after biometrices.
Did you also get an email stating upto 6 months for the decision? Also please confirm if you book the super priorty service as well.

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 pm

Dryasser wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:21 pm
Wish you all the best but please keep us updated with outcome.

Was it possible to book an appointment during weekend or out of hours ?
At this stage appointments are not too difficult to get. Out of hours cost an additional premium of £60 on top of whatever else that centre may charge. Keep in mind that many centres are yet to open and hopefully availability will be good once they are do.
I opted for the Premium Lounge in London on 19-Nov which cost £200. I had to get that date in London hence paid the premium. Other London centres are not available for booking yet (they only by week of 19-Nov anyways).

hunterex
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by hunterex » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi, I had paid GBP 3000 and got an email stating up to 6 months for the decision. I plan to book for the appointment next week.
boykingin wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:09 pm
varma24365 wrote:

Did you also get an email stating upto 6 months for the decision? Also please confirm if you book the super priorty service as well.

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:30 pm

hunterex wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 pm
Hi, I had paid GBP 3000 and got an email stating up to 6 months for the decision. I plan to book for the appointment next week.
boykingin wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:09 pm
varma24365 wrote:

Yes i also got email stating upto 6 months....

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:21 pm

boykingin wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:12 pm
I havent uploaded my documents yet, but I just checked and I dont have that problem. I have the option to upload documents under Mandatory section.

I think (hope!) we are catching the early teething issues, considering the system just went live last week.

Hi, thank you for your response.
What options do you have under Mandatory section? Could you let me know please??

Under my optional documents I have those options to upload:
Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Proof of Identity / Travel History
Educational
Proof of Application

But under Mandatory documents I do not have any option to upload anything. Could you let me know what option do you have ??

Also I received an email from home office today as well saying my case will take up to 6 months to consider !! same as what you received !! Im so confused.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:23 pm

varma24365 wrote:

Hi just wondering if you had same issues?

When I went to upload my documents, under "Mandatory documents" section, it doesn't give me any option to upload anything. There is nothing under document type. However, under "Optional documents" section, I can see that there are many document types I can choose to upload my documents. I am just wondering if there is anything wrong? Why I cannot upload anything under "Mandatory documents" section??

Have you faced the same issue too when uploading documents?? If not, could you let me know what options do you have under mandatory documents section? Thanks

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:23 pm
varma24365 wrote:

Have you faced the same issue too when uploading documents?? If not, could you let me know what options do you have under mandatory documents section? Thanks

Hi,
I could able to upload documents under "Mandatory documents" section.
I have uploaded Signed Home consent document and passports copies.

I have taken "Document check service" worth £35. They have reviewed and sent a mail saying that I have uploaded all the checklist documents.

Finger's cross. Hope it goes well..

I have called ukvcas "£2.50" per minute :cry:

Questions asked and replies

1)How much time will it take at an appointment for biometrics?
Ans: If all documents uploaded before appointment then it take 20-30mins

2)How do I change the appointment?
Ans: You need to cancel and rebook again.

3)How long it will take for decision super priority service paid £3018?
Ans) You need to call home office for those details

4)Do I need to take passport photes?
Ans) No

5)What should I take to the appointment?
Ans) All supporting documents (not mandatory if u have uploaded already)
All passports (travel documents) and print out of the appointment confirmation from email which has barcode.

Hope this help.

Thanks

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:13 pm

varma24365 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:02 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Under "Mandatory documents" section I can see "Proof of application" section , hope that is moved under Optional documents section for you.

I could able to upload documents under "Mandatory documents >> Proof of application"" section.

I have taken "Document check service" worth £35. They have reviewed and sent a mail saying that I have uploaded all the checklist documents.

Questions asked and replies (for guidance only, these may change for your application)

Ans) No

All passports (travel documents) and print out of the appointment confirmation from email which has barcode.

Hope this help.

Thanks

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:00 am

varma24365 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:13 pm
varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Under "Mandatory documents" section I can see "Proof of application" section , hope that is moved under Optional documents section for you.

I could able to upload documents under "Mandatory documents >> Proof of application"" section.

Questions asked and replies (for guidance only, these may change for your application)

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks

What options do you have under Mandatory section and option options?
Could you let me know please??

Under my mandatory section I didn't have any options to upload anything..
but
Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Educational
Proof of Application

Could you let me know what option do you have under both mandatory section and option options?? Thank you very much !

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 am

varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks

Hi , i also have a question about document checking. It says if i booked at an appointment at one of their enhanced service points the document checking service is included in the price of that appointment. I have booked with liverpool service centre which costs me 60 pounds. Does this mean I can have my document checked for free? I tried to purchase document checking service but it doesn't give me any option to do so.

Another thing is, do you email them and tell them to check your documents? Or they will just automatically check it for you then email you and let you know everything is ok?

Thank you !

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:12 am

varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks
What options do you have under Mandatory section and optional section? Could you let me know please??

Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Educational
Proof of Application

But under Mandatory documents I do not have any option to upload anything. Could you let me know what option do you have under both mandatory documents and optional documents section??

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:12 am
varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks
What options do you have under Mandatory section and optional section? Could you let me know please??

Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Educational
Proof of Application

But under Mandatory documents I do not have any option to upload anything. Could you let me know what option do you have under both mandatory documents and optional documents section??
The Proof of Application is the mandatory document for me. I notice you have it under Optional documents - but I dont have Proof of Application under Optional documents. All other Optional documents (even the order) is the same for me with the exception there is not Proof of Application.

The guidance for Proof of Application is as follows-
The passport issued by <country name> for <my name>, Declaration signed by <my name> to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks, Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on <my name> for joint accounts or third party support

I dont think you should be worried - just upload the relevant docs in this section.

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:44 am

varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks
This is very useful varma24365, thank you. All the best - wish it goes well with you.

Btw - a Q regarding the document checking service - do they really check if all the necessary documents are uploaded or do they just check the quality of the documents? The description of the service is --

"You can buy this service if you upload your documents through our website at least 2 days before your appointment date. Our team will check and confirm that you have correctly uploaded the documents for your appointment and that the scanned documents you provided are of an acceptable quality."

They may just be trying to make some money without providing a service of any value.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:08 am

Just additional money for checking the correct uploads.
Do they mention any particular resolution or anything?
Then why it needs to be checked that they are in acceptable format.
May be to check relevant documents under relevant headings/sections.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:24 pm

boykingin wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:12 am
varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks

Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Educational
Proof of Application

The Proof of Application is the mandatory document for me. I notice you have it under Optional documents - but I dont have Proof of Application under Optional documents. All other Optional documents (even the order) is the same for me with the exception there is not Proof of Application.

The guidance for Proof of Application is as follows-
The passport issued by <country name> for <my name>, Declaration signed by <my name> to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks, Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on <my name> for joint accounts or third party support

I dont think you should be worried - just upload the relevant docs in this section.

Thank you very much for your help !!! I also have a question about document checking. It says if i booked at an appointment at one of their enhanced service points the document checking service is included in the price of that appointment. I have booked with liverpool service centre which costs me 60 pounds. Does this mean I can have my document checked for free? I tried to purchase document checking service but it doesn't give me any option to do so.
Another thing is, do you email them and tell them to check your documents? Or they will just automatically check it for you then email you and let you know everything is ok?

Thank you !

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:58 pm

boykingin wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:44 am
varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks
This is very useful varma24365, thank you. All the best - wish it goes well with you.

Btw - a Q regarding the document checking service - do they really check if all the necessary documents are uploaded or do they just check the quality of the documents? The description of the service is --

"You can buy this service if you upload your documents through our website at least 2 days before your appointment date. Our team will check and confirm that you have correctly uploaded the documents for your appointment and that the scanned documents you provided are of an acceptable quality."

They may just be trying to make some money without providing a service of any value.
I also think there might be something wrong with my account, when I try to upload files, everytime after I upload something and then click "back", then all my files uploaded are gone. Or if I log off and log back on, all my previous uploaded files are gone. It's so weird. Do you have the same issues?

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi varma24365,

One other Q - who did you address the letter to (such as the letter from employer)? In the past the letters were addressed to the PSC centres such as in Croydon, but do we address it now to the local centre where we are submitting the biometrics? Inputs appreciated.

varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:50 pm

boykingin wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:33 pm
Hi varma24365,

One other Q - who did you address the letter to (such as the letter from employer)? In the past the letters were addressed to the PSC centres such as in Croydon, but do we address it now to the local centre where we are submitting the biometrics? Inputs appreciated.

To:
The Home Office
UK Visas & Immigration
Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain
Dear Sir/Madam,
CONFIRMATION OF UK ABSENCE FOR Mr. Fullname Surname
This is to confirm that Mr. Fullname Surname is currently employed by Employer Name
in the UK since dd/mm/yyyy on a permanent full-time basis. He presently holds the
position of Systems Analyst.
Company holiday year runs from 1 st September to 31 st August. The following are dates
detailing his absence from the UK, since June 2015 and specifying reasons of absence.
Please note he was paid full time salary during these holidays.

dates table here

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on
contact number or by email: email id

Yours Sincerely,

(HR Name/ Manager Name)
HR Manager

varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
varma24365 wrote:

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks

varma24365
Newly Registered

Post by varma24365 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:58 pm
boykingin wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:44 am
varma24365 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

No , I didn't come crossed any issues like this.I am using latest version chrome browser may browser cause some issue like this.

Hi,

Ans) No

Hope this help.

Thanks

I also think there might be something wrong with my account, when I try to upload files, everytime after I upload something and then click "back", then all my files uploaded are gone. Or if I log off and log back on, all my previous uploaded files are gone. It's so weird. Do you have the same issues?

TD84
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by TD84 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:52 am

Hi there,

I called them and they say that you can have the documents scanned on your appointment date if you haven’t done it which is the case for me. And that they are free at the moment. Also when you uploaded the documents do they need to be scanned copies or just clear photos of the passport and brp.

Thanks so much in advance!