ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDEFINATE LEAVE ENTER

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mustafa81
Newly Registered
Mood:

INDEFINATE LEAVE ENTER

Post by Mustafa81 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 am

I have indefinite leave enter (ILE) (Spouce visa) for 2 1/2 years and that expires next year December,
can I apply for (ILR) or British passport after that or what will be the next option for me, I have been in uk since 2000 January. But I only got ILE last year. Please advice

vinny

Re: INDEFINATE LEAVE ENTER

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:21 am

You have been in the UK for eighteen years since 2000?

Can you give more details of your Immigration history?

Why did they grant ILE 2 1/2 years ago?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mustafa81
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mustafa81 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 am

Came to uk in 2000 married to a British citizen, and applied for spouce visa via a Solicitor and they took all the money and disappeared with all my details, after so much struggle, after court ordered to go back and apply for entry clearance from my country, I went and applied from there and got ILE, UPTO 2019 December, just want to know what is the next option for me,

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Amazing. They stopped granting ILE to spouses from 9 July 2012! The Judgment may have something to do with you being granted ILE under the old rules?

An ILE is equivalent to an ILR.

Anyway, you should be okay. A member had his withdrawn, but I believe they did it in error. In this case, a double error does not make it right.

A next step is naturalisation. However, that would depend on the details of your Immigration history..
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mustafa81
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mustafa81 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks very much for your reply, will you be able to tell me how do I find out what will be the next option, if I can apply for naturalisation it will be great news, how do I do it??

Mustafa81
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mustafa81 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi vinni

Can you be kind enough to explain what you mean by immigration history ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Mustafa81 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 pm
Hi vinni

Can you be kind enough to explain what you mean by immigration history ?
What is your visa immigration history for the UK?? You state you came to the UK in 2000. So list all the visas and start/expiry dates you had and what date and application you made outside the UK etc and what your current visa issue date is.

What does your visa state exactly, ie does it specifically say INDEFINITE LEAVE TO ENTER or does it say Spouse Visa with your spouse name after it??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mustafa81
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mustafa81 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:49 pm

Thanks very much for your prompt response, on my BRP it says ILE Spouse Visa, for 2 1/2 years, not sure what to do, extend or apply for ILR OR Naturlisation, vinni gave me some advice too

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:52 pm

ILE Spouse Visa, for 2 1/2 years
You either have ILE or you have a spouse visa valid for 2.5 years which would be the normal visa issued after July 2012. This is why I asked you to state exactly what words your visa state as ILE was never valid for only 2.5 years when it was available pre July 2012. I would have thought your BRP says Limited Leave to Remain or only Spouse settlement visa etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mustafa81
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mustafa81 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi
It says ‘spouse/partner leave to enter’ is it different to the ILE , I am confused
Please advice

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:31 am

Mustafa81 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:03 pm
Hi
It says ‘spouse/partner leave to enter’ is it different to the ILE , I am confused
Please advice
It appears you were not granted ILE but a spouse visa valid for 2 and a half years. The next step is to apply for an extension using FLR (M) 28 days before your visa expires (up to the date it expires).

After you have held both of these visas for a total of 5 years, you can apply for ILR using SET (M).

I am not clear as to when you can apply for naturalisation, as we don't know if you were an overstayer before this spouse visa...

Mustafa81
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mustafa81 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:49 am

Thanks very much for your reply, now I understand a little better what I should do next.