ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for spouse visa with Carers Premium/Allowance?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel2762
Newly Registered

Applying for spouse visa with Carers Premium/Allowance?

Post by angel2762 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:17 am

I understand if your claiming Carers Allowance you are exempt the financial requirement of £18,600. I am awaiting to apply for a spouse visa under the financial exemption rules. I receive ESA, Carers Premium and a work part time job. I meet the threshold for adequate maintenance.

I am a carer for my father and claim the Carers Allowance for looking after him. However as I am currently on ESA there is an overlap in benefit when claiming Carers Allowance (£66.40). Instead I am awarded Carers Premium (£34.60). Given you can only be awarded Carers Premium if you have a underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance, would I still be exempt from the financial requirement of £18,600.

I have had conflicting views on this matter, many are unsure and a few answers stating I would be exempt. I would like to be confident of my position before apply for the spouse visa.

iftkr
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for spouse visa with Carers Premium/Allowance?

Post by iftkr » Thu May 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi angel2762 i have the same question on this topic but i think no one here to help us.

Cassie301
Newly Registered

Post by Cassie301 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi there. Forward over a year and I have the exact same question. Did you ever find a suitable answer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Cassie301 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Hi there. Forward over a year and I have the exact same question. Did you ever find a suitable answer?
Kindly refrain from digging up old topics and tagging on, especially where members are no longer active on the forum. Please start your own topic in the correct family immigration sub forum with your circumstances and questions.

See also point 12 of the forum rules FAQs (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.