ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General information for newbie

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Steph19
Newly Registered
Tunisia

General information for newbie

Post by Steph19 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 am

Hi there,

I am a British Citizen and my husband a Indian. We have applied for our Settlement Spouse Visa reliant on my income (two months ago) and are awaiting our result. We had help from our solicitor with the application and he estimated us with an 80% chance of approval.

As far as we are concerned and our solicitor, we 'tick all the boxes'.

The waiting period is definitely the most difficult in this process!

The reason I am posting today in this forum is due to a grey area I am worried about.

I started a new job in March (£22,000 salary), and have been given a permanent contract on the provision I pass my probation in December (there is a 9 month probation policy in place).

Can I ask what would happen if for some reason I were to not pass my probation and become unemployed? (this is far fetched of-course, but you worry about EVERYTHING when applying for a visa!)

The application is being considered as we speak (I hope), and my probation hearing is 17th December.

Thank you for your responses in advance

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: General information for newbie

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:07 pm

They are concerned about employment at the time of application, whatever happens in december should not affect.

However, if Home Office was to call employer and they say you no longer work there, then there may be issues. Just try stay in the job until decision has been made.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: General information for newbie

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Steph19 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 am
Hi there,

I am a British Citizen and my husband a Indian. We have applied for our Settlement Spouse Visa reliant on my income (two months ago) and are awaiting our result. We had help from our solicitor with the application and he estimated us with an 80% chance of approval.

As far as we are concerned and our solicitor, we 'tick all the boxes'.

The waiting period is definitely the most difficult in this process!

The reason I am posting today in this forum is due to a grey area I am worried about.

I started a new job in March (£22,000 salary), and have been given a permanent contract on the provision I pass my probation in December (there is a 9 month probation policy in place).

Can I ask what would happen if for some reason I were to not pass my probation and become unemployed? (this is far fetched of-course, but you worry about EVERYTHING when applying for a visa!)

The application is being considered as we speak (I hope), and my probation hearing is 17th December.

Thank you for your responses in advance
All jobs usually involve some probation period ranging from 3-9 months which I am sure that HO will definitely aware about. As long as you are earning sufficiently till the date of application then there shouldn't be any issue but in my opinion that probation period must be mentioned in employer letter for just in case.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.