ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI Digital Changes, No PEO/PSCs from October 2018?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

loupiol
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: UKVI Digital Changes, No PEO/PSCs from October 2018?

Post by loupiol » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi everybody!
Thanks everyone for their kind words.
Today was THE day.
I was indeed one of the lucky first ones to use the service.

I arrived 15min before my appointment. Waited in the waiting room that is filled with nice sofas.
There is self-service tea/coffee/light refreshments. That was quite enjoyable.
The case worker then invites you to a private cubicle where they take your biometrics.
They upload your documents if you haven't done it already.
Then they need to verify all your documents. After that, they send the application to the UKVI.
It took me about 1h30.

The staff are very helpful and patient. You can see they want to do well as today was their launch!
I hope the service stays as stellar as it was today.

@michali, I brought my originals and copies of my documents.
They used the originals and the copies in some instances for the uploads.
They also scanned every single page of my passport that wasn't blank!

I could have scanned and uploaded my documents myself but the people at Premium Service do it with you and they check each document one by one. So the scanning/follow-up/checking is one of the benefits of the service.
The only advantage of uploading them yourself is if you are constrained by time like you need to go back to the office ASAP. Then you don't want to lose time uploading the documents at the center.

Also for all those who are waiting for the enhanced centers (non premium), I think you need to upload the documents at home or pay a fee to do it at the center. I deduced this from the fact that document scanning is one of the services offered (see my former posts)... To be confirmed...

@boykingin, for the employers letter: my employer did not know the new system and simply addressed the letter to the old PSC... I don't think it's a problem...
@michali is right though, Sopria is a third party. I think best is to address to "whom it may concern" or UKVI.

Sopria does not a make a decision. So unlike with the PSC, you do not know on the spot if you are A-OK or NOPE. However (this is a good point), my case worker told me that as soon as he clicked that send button a case worker at UKVI would look at my application.

Now fingers crossed. Keep you posted!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:28 pm

That is SO helpful! Thanks! I may be tempted to do it the same way as what you say is very encouraging. My concern is that my husband (well, both of us!) is elderly and so has loads of passports! I guess they will scan all of them! What about the sponsors passport? Do they scan all of that too?

Have you paid for the expedited service, ie next day decision or, is it eight days for a slightly lesser fee?

Thanks again! You have helped alleviate some of my concerns.

FarHorizon
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by FarHorizon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:05 am

Does anyone have any links or tips for booking via the new system that Sopra Steria is running? My first FLM (M) visa expires on 1 Dec. Started the process last month and have been trying to book a Premium Appointment for the last few weeks with no luck. Put it down to the new system being launched this month so started and completed an entirely new application yet it still links to the old booking system where there are no spots available. Any help appreciated. Thanks

kayden636
BANNED

Post by kayden636 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:09 am

loupiol wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 pm
Hi everybody!
Today was THE day.

I arrived 15min before my appointment. Waited in the waiting room that is filled with nice sofas.
The case worker then invites you to a private cubicle where they take your biometrics.
Then they need to verify all your documents. After that, they send the application to the UKVI.
It took me about 1h30.

The staff are very helpful and patient. You can see they want to do well as today was their launch!

I could have scanned and uploaded my documents myself but the people at Premium Service do it with you and they check each document one by one. So the scanning/follow-up/checking is one of the benefits of the service.
The only advantage of uploading them yourself is if you are constrained by time like you need to go back to the office ASAP. Then you don't want to lose time uploading the documents at the center.

Also for all those who are waiting for the enhanced centers (non premium), I think you need to upload the documents at home or pay a fee to do it at the center. I deduced this from the fact that document scanning is one of the services offered (see my former posts)... To be confirmed...

@boykingin, for the employers letter: my employer did not know the new system and simply addressed the letter to the old PSC... I don't think it's a problem...
@michali is right though, Sopria is a third party. I think best is to address to "whom it may concern" or UKVI.

Sopria does not a make a decision. So unlike with the PSC, you do not know on the spot if you are A-OK or NOPE. However (this is a good point), my case worker told me that as soon as he clicked that send button a case worker at UKVI would look at my application.

can you take extra doucoment like a cover note etc and give ukvcsa to upload ?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Loupiol, we are bombarding g you with questions! You are a pioneer in this new process! I also need to know if you can upload extra documents. I think I heard there is an 'optional' documents section?

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:07 pm

michali wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:12 pm
Loupiol, we are bombarding g you with questions! You are a pioneer in this new process! I also need to know if you can upload extra documents. I think I heard there is an 'optional' documents section?
Yes this is very exciting that finally someone has moved forward with the new process ! Loupiol so sorry for all the questions! Hope you don’t mind. I also am curious whether it was the expedited service that you asked for (next day service) as I really would like to know if the turnaround was actually 24 hours. Also, like Michali mentioned yesterday did your spouse’s documents need to be scanned ahead of time/ did they attend the meeting with you? Many thanks 🙏🏽

hw rose
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by hw rose » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

ScottyP
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ScottyP » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:15 pm

swskum wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:23 am
Hey all - I'm new here - filling in the FLR(M) for my wife's extension of leave to remain (initial application completed in June 2016). Is there any news on when the FLR(M) online form will be updated to allow the Sopra Steria system? At the moment it just gives the option for standard and premium, with no premium appointments available at all (as usual!). I redid the form from scratch this eve to ensure it wasn't the case I was using an out of date online form - but still no luck with the new service choice. Wondering whether the new system applies for the FLR(M). It looked like it did from the list (any other leave to remain category), but I'm not sure. Cheers dudes
Hi swskum, my wife and I are in exactly the same boat and looking to get the FLR M done asap after her 30 months are up on 6th December. Ive also tried redoing the online form but still only gives postal option or premium service centre. Please could you share any news or updates you have with me and I will do the same?
Thanks
Scott

FarHorizon
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by FarHorizon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 pm

ScottyP wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:15 pm
swskum wrote:
Hey all - I'm new here - filling in the FLR(M) for my wife's extension of leave to remain (initial application completed in June 2016). Is there any news on when the FLR(M) online form will be updated to allow the Sopra Steria system? At the moment it just gives the option for standard and premium, with no premium appointments available at all (as usual!). I redid the form from scratch this eve to ensure it wasn't the case I was using an out of date online form - but still no luck with the new service choice. Wondering whether the new system applies for the FLR(M). It looked like it did from the list (any other leave to remain category), but I'm not sure. Cheers dudes
Hi swskum, my wife and I are in exactly the same boat and looking to get the FLR M done asap after her 30 months are up on 6th December. Ive also tried redoing the online form but still only gives postal option or premium service centre. Please could you share any news or updates you have with me and I will do the same?
Thanks
Scott
Hi Scotty P and Swskum - I was in the same situation with a extension of my FLR(M) but managed to luck out and book an appointment today for next week in Birmingham via the old system. Not before sending a very snotty letter to my immigration lawyer however. Apparently they're having a meeting tomorrow with senior consultants to try get some more info on the new system as they getting lots of complaints from clients. I'll report back any news. I also managed to get an email address for the HO applications support who I mailed asking how to book via the new system but waiting on a reply from them. It's applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if you want to try. It's worth checking back on the old Premium Booking system, as frustrating as it is, in case there are cancellations. Good luck and I'll report back if I hear anything. Cheers

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm

loupiol wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 pm
Hi everybody!
Today was THE day.

It took me about 1h30.

Hi loupiol hopefully you have heard back on your visa?

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 pm

I too am hoping to hear from Loupiol, particularly as there is another post on an applicant’s experience at the Birmingham Centre which did not go as smoothly as Loupiol's. In fact that applicant has not heard back from the HO even though he paid for the 24 hour decision.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 pm

michali wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 pm
I too am hoping to hear from Loupiol, particularly as there is another post on an applicant’s experience at the Birmingham Centre which did not go as smoothly as Loupiol's. In fact that applicant has not heard back from the HO even though he paid for the 24 hour decision.
Yes I have been following that thread too...really nervous now!

loupiol
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by loupiol » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:34 pm

kayden636 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:09 am
Hi everyone,

Sorry for keeping everyone waiting. Work has been very busy.
I paid for super priority service which I think is the new expedited decision?
Unfortunately, it was not a next day decision... :(

I just got an email saying "A decision has been made, you will hear from us in 3-5 business days".
I am still waiting :?: tomorrow will be day 4 since the appointment!
I am a little stressed out because this e-mail is not clear. They don't say if it's yes or no...

I will try and answer each post one by one.

@Kayden636, yes you can take extra documents to upload. There's an "Others" section, Education section (that is not in the checklist...).
So I added my degree and a proof of address.

@michali, they will scan everything (every single passport page even if it's 100000 pages) don't worry! You paid for this service, they have to do it for you. I don't know if they need the sponsor passport. Is it in your document checklist?
I didn't apply with my spouse who is European and doesn't need this but if you are applying with your spouse, the center will upload all your pages. Again, you paid for this!!

Keep you posted :? and I am going to stay hopeful!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 pm

loupiol wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:34 pm
kayden636 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just got an email saying "A decision has been made, you will hear from us in 3-5 business days".
I am a little stressed out because this e-mail is not clear. They don't say if it's yes or no...

@Kayden636, yes you can take extra documents to upload. There's an "Others" section, Education section (that is not in the checklist...).

@michali, they will scan everything (every single passport page even if it's 100000 pages) don't worry! You paid for this service, they have to do it for you. I don't know if they need the sponsor passport. Is it in your document checklist?
I didn't apply with my spouse who is European and doesn't need this but if you are applying with your spouse, the center will upload all your pages. Again, you paid for this!!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Loupiol!

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm

@loupiol - thanks for all the info you provided. Very useful for us who are in line to apply next.
My suspicion is that when they say they make a decision within 24 hours, they do not promise to let the applicant know the outcome right away. So like with postal applications, you may know only once you receive the documents by post. Just a guess - I dont have any inside info.
Anyways all the best for you @loupiol. My premium Lounge appointment is on Monday.

-John.

ST2745
Newly Registered

Post by ST2745 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:40 pm

board2018 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:56 pm
Thanks Allyf I’ve been stressing so much since yesterday not sure if I should start applying with the new online application. I thought the changes apply from the 5th of November? No? Or have I just made that up :lol:

Please give us an update how you get on tomorrow.

My wife is in the same boat with her FLR(M) - PSC appointment booked in October with no online form, now unable to add an online form to the original application, and don't want to lose our PSC appointment. We're also just going to bring the old (most recent) version of the paper form and hope.

Would really appreciate hearing how you get on!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 am

loupiol wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:34 pm
kayden636 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks, loupiol! I hope you get good news today or soon! So really not a 24 hour turnaround at all! Maybe they did not expect so many people to use the priority option! Thanks for the info. I will definitely choose the premium lounge I think. Do keep us updated. Your input is much appreciated.

Zrj
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Zrj » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:35 am

What were you applying for loupiol? It seems odd to take away the same day option for visas and ILR, but I wonder if citizenship applications will also be 3-5 days when they used to take months?

Also, did they say anything about not being able to travel while your application is being processed?

srini2k2ch
Newly Registered

Post by srini2k2ch » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:07 pm

swskum wrote:
Hello Sir,
I'm looking to book a premium appointment for FLR(M) for my wife's extension, her visa will be expired by 10th DEC2018. I'm trying from a few weeks but there are no slots can you please advise me any other way to book an appointment. I have gone through new service rules it seems to me FLR(M) is not included in the new service.

srini2k2ch
Newly Registered

Post by srini2k2ch » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:11 pm

FarHorizon wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 pm
ScottyP wrote:
swskum wrote:
Thanks
Scott
Hi Scotty P and Swskum - I was in the same situation with a extension of my FLR(M) but managed to luck out and book an appointment today for next week in Birmingham via the old system. Not before sending a very snotty letter to my immigration lawyer however. Apparently they're having a meeting tomorrow with senior consultants to try get some more info on the new system as they getting lots of complaints from clients. I'll report back any news. I also managed to get an email address for the HO applications support who I mailed asking how to book via the new system but waiting on a reply from them. It's applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if you want to try. It's worth checking back on the old Premium Booking system, as frustrating as it is, in case there are cancellations. Good luck and I'll report back if I hear anything. Cheers
Hi
Anyone, please help us how to book an appointment for FLR(M) premium service we are running out of time my wife' s visa will be expiring by 10th DEC2018 trying to book an appointment from few weeks but no luck and FLR(M) is not in new service either. Please advise me how to get hold an appointment or can we post the application before the expiry date?

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Why don’t you use old form, I think it’s allowed until 29th of November
Bizman

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:31 pm

srini2k2ch wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:11 pm
FarHorizon wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 pm
ScottyP wrote:
swskum wrote:
Thanks
Scott
Hi
Anyone, please help us how to book an appointment for FLR(M) premium service we are running out of time my wife' s visa will be expiring by 10th DEC2018 trying to book an appointment from few weeks but no luck and FLR(M) is not in new service either. Please advise me how to get hold an appointment or can we post the application before the expiry date?
I think you need to keep trying for premium service as there will be cancellations but you will have to check frequently. After the 29th if no appointment secured you will need to apply by post before visa expires. You will have over 10 days to send by post (do quickest service so HO receive before 10th

loupiol
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by loupiol » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Few updates, last weekend I got a letter with the decision.

It's POSITIVE. I am now settled!
Hiccup: the letter came without the BRP.

I am now waiting for the BRP to arrive.
This was also a bit messy.

They use DX and they don't tell you when the package will arrive.
It must be signed for (for obvious reasons). They tried sending it to me but I wasn't home.
Rescheduling is done online or by phone. You can either have it resent for free but must be at the location all day time slot 9am-5pm or pay an extra GBP 7 to have it sent in the morning or in the pm at your work location.
I can't take time off work again, so paid another GBP 7... *sigh*

@michali, how did your meeting go?

By the way, on my acceptance letter, it clearly stipulates in bold letters that one must not travel outside the UK without the BRP...

I hope my experience helps everybody. Let you know if I get the BRP smoothly.

loupiol
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by loupiol » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Zrj wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:35 am
What were you applying for loupiol? It seems odd to take away the same day option for visas and ILR, but I wonder if citizenship applications will also be 3-5 days when they used to take months?

Also, did they say anything about not being able to travel while your application is being processed?
Yeah it is odd, but since Sopria are a third party they don't make the decision.
The e-mail I got telling me the decision was made didn't explicitly say if it was positive or negative. However, I guess you can call it that the 24h decision. You just don't now the actual outcome...

As for the turn around for the actual BRP, I guess I should have had it delivered to work in the first place to speedy up the process. It's been a little less than two weeks since I had my appointment...

beginner
Newly Registered

Post by beginner » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:53 pm

srini2k2ch wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:07 pm
swskum wrote:
Hello Sir,
I'm looking to book a premium appointment for FLR(M) for my wife's extension, her visa will be expired by 10th DEC2018. I'm trying from a few weeks but there are no slots can you please advise me any other way to book an appointment. I have gone through new service rules it seems to me FLR(M) is not included in the new service.
Keep constantly checking for PSC appointments. Cancellations quite often appear but they disappear in seconds, so move quickly if you see anything. Over the past few weeks I've seen a number of short-notice appointments in Croydon (2, 3 or 4 working days in advance), and I only ever check during sensible hours (8am-10pm).

My understanding is that there is slightly less demand for last minute appointments at PSCs now that many visas are open to the new Sopra Steria system. Have hope!

You'd hope that the FLR(M) visa would move to the new system on or before 29th Nov (when the existing PSC system ends), but who knows.