ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deportation and revocation of ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Camy2018
Newly Registered
Egypt

Deportation and revocation of ILR

Post by Camy2018 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 am

Hi,
Does HO deport and revoke ILR if the person is convicted and sentenced to short term prison sentence of 18 weeks ?
My friend is not a Eaa citizen , he is Egyptian ,he was sentenced to 18 weeks prison sentence for a sexual touching (female) ,HO didn’t Serve him anything yet ,
My question will HO deport him for this short sentence he has been lawfully in the country for 15 years .thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Deportation and revocation of ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:48 pm

In their guide Revocation of Indefinite Leave war crimes as well as serious and organised crime is mentioned as grounds for revocation. Crimes of sexual nature are viewed generally as serious so HO might consider to revoke your friend's ILR. Obviously he will not be able to get citizenship anytime soon even if ILR is not revoked
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice