ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Residency application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Residency card

Post by Mal111 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:19 pm

don't mean to be pessimistic but INIS do not approve of the route you have taken and they have in past rightfully refused similar applications

your parents should have applied for dependency visa not the visiting family or friend and then changing status
there objection will be ''in order to get visit/family visa your parent must have submitted bank statements property and income etc etc they will use that info to dismiss the dependency''

they have done this in past I think their is a post on this board you can search it.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi,
No It is fine.

I could not really wait for 8/9 months for residence visa.
My parents are quite elderly , got health care issue, me the only child, have been financial support every month for last 5 years.

I guess I dont have any other choice but applying though this way!!

Thanks

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, in visit visa application you sign a statement, you have no intention to stay more 6 months in the state. on that behalf they issue visit visa. One doctor try to take work permission after getting job in hospital they refuse the work permit initial and told to leave the country and then re-apply. Only guy on student visa and dependency visa can change status. U can try your luck but chances are slim.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 am

Hi guys,

Parents are here. Applying through E1Form.

Got utility bills under their names
Got bank accounts
With tenancy agreement: the tenancy is under my name -
Now how do I get around to this tenancy agreement under their names? Their names are not there in the tenancy agreement.

Thanks

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Also,

The EU1 form says :
PPS no. do they need to have PPS no?
Do they need Health insurance?
With Tenancy agreement? do I write a letter that they live with me?

Thanks

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this with all and please me with more info that you might think will be helpful for me:

I have submitted the EU1 form on 22 October for my parents. Got a letter from INIS on 26th October.
They have kept our Residency application on consideration and granted Stamp 4 until and mentioned that we have to response on some queries within one month and they will make decision by 21 April 2019.

They queried as below:
1. My parents have applied for C Visit Visa and was granted for 3 months;
Why now we are asking for Residency? How the circumstances have changed since June to now? from Visit to Residency?
- Mainly because of their health; My parents have traveled at least 10 times to me back in UK but never applied for residency or rejected to Visit VISA, cause they were happy and content in back home. This time as they are over 80 now, they have become really fragile. When they landed in airport, they missed their connecting flights, they lost their luggage, they lost medicines and it was a total mess. They were nearly in collapse. I provided their ticket, managed their VISA co ordination from Bangladesh to India to Ireland by a supporting person as they could not travel etc. But as I see things now it is impossible for them to carry on like this without my help.

On the other hand, as I live here with my twin daughters it is a big help for me when my parents are here, It is an immense help as my parents do the school-drop pick and specially the wrap around acre for my kids when I am off to tours for official purposes.

2. I have showed I am supporting them for last 5 years from UK bank account (as I used to live in UK).
Why I am having an active account up in UK while residing in IE
- I have done it purely because of convenience as the direct debit is set up in my previous bank -It was easy for me to co ordinate. there is hardly any transaction other this money transfer to my parents from this account

3. I have not given any detail of my children going to school in IE. So they have asked why I have not submitted as in the Visit Visa application it was mentioned that they are coming to spend quality time with grandchildren
- In the EU1 form there was no mention to provide any supporting document for children-- it was mainly EU citizen they wanted the document from which I have all provided
- I can easily get the school certificates to submit

Please provide me your suggestions:
-What do you think about the time frame as I am surprised that they responded so quickly
-What do you think about my responses, please let me know your thoughts on what should I mention and what not please.

Every suggestions is welcome! please help.

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this info. Can you please advise by which post did you receive a letter from INIS to obtain temporary stamp during processing time? was it registered delivery or normal post?

How did you pay for when you made residence card application as i can see there is no page in application form advising how to and how much to pay?

Can you also advise did you confirm in C visa application that you want to be (i mean your parents) considered based on EU citizen?

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:21 am

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this info. Can you please advise by which post did you receive a letter from INIS to obtain temporary stamp during processing time? was it registered delivery or normal post?

---- I have received it through registered (green) post

How did you pay for when you made residence card application as i can see there is no page in application form advising how to and how much to pay?

---- You dont have to pay as they are my parents (parents of EU residents)

Can you also advise did you confirm in C visa application that you want to be (i mean your parents) considered based on EU citizen?

---- Yes they applied for C visa (it was clearly mentioned that they are parents of EU citizen) and I am experiencing EU treaty right (working,living in IE) and they did not have to pay the VISIT visa fee as well as they are my parents

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 am

can any body send me any feedback on to following:

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this with all and please me with more info that you might think will be helpful for me:

I have submitted the EU1 form on 22 October for my parents. Got a letter from INIS on 26th October.
They have kept our Residency application on consideration and granted Stamp 4 until and mentioned that we have to response on some queries within one month and they will make decision by 21 April 2019.

They queried as below:
1. My parents have applied for C Visit Visa and was granted for 3 months;
Why now we are asking for Residency? How the circumstances have changed since June to now? from Visit to Residency?
- Mainly because of their health; My parents have traveled at least 10 times to me back in UK but never applied for residency or rejected to Visit VISA, cause they were happy and content in back home. This time as they are over 80 now, they have become really fragile. When they landed in airport, they missed their connecting flights, they lost their luggage, they lost medicines and it was a total mess. They were nearly in collapse. I provided their ticket, managed their VISA co ordination from Bangladesh to India to Ireland by a supporting person as they could not travel etc. But as I see things now it is impossible for them to carry on like this without my help.

On the other hand, as I live here with my twin daughters it is a big help for me when my parents are here, It is an immense help as my parents do the school-drop pick and specially the wrap around acre for my kids when I am off to tours for official purposes.

2. I have showed I am supporting them for last 5 years from UK bank account (as I used to live in UK).
Why I am having an active account up in UK while residing in IE
- I have done it purely because of convenience as the direct debit is set up in my previous bank -It was easy for me to co ordinate. there is hardly any transaction other this money transfer to my parents from this account

3. I have not given any detail of my children going to school in IE. So they have asked why I have not submitted as in the Visit Visa application it was mentioned that they are coming to spend quality time with grandchildren
- In the EU1 form there was no mention to provide any supporting document for children-- it was mainly EU citizen they wanted the document from which I have all provided
- I can easily get the school certificates to submit

Please provide me your suggestions:
-What do you think about the time frame as I am surprised that they responded so quickly
-What do you think about my responses, please let me know your thoughts on what should I mention and what not please.

Every suggestions is welcome! please help.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Any chance any body could help me please

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:40 am

Hi guys,

My parents got Stamp 4 EU FAM-- while we applied for their resident ship in Ireland which is being considered to stay here until April 2019.

If I travel now back to UK--
1. can my parents travel with me?
2. can I apply for my parents UK residence ship once we all are in UK

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:47 pm

rfaruque wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:40 am
Hi guys,

My parents got Stamp 4 EU FAM-- while we applied for their resident ship in Ireland which is being considered to stay here until April 2019.

If I travel now back to UK--
1. can my parents travel with me?
2. can I apply for my parents UK residence ship once we all are in UK
Any further updates on your case?
Have you moved to UK or planning to UK? if so what route is best? to apply for EU FML from Ireland or UK?

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:06 pm

We have already applied from IE.

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:29 pm

rfaruque wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:06 pm
We have already applied from IE.
Have you applied for UK (EEA FM) visa from IE? What kind of evidence have you submitted to show that you and non EEA family member have strengthened life in Ireland. Please advise.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:45 pm

We have applied for residency using EU1 application.
Parents are granted 6 months Stamp 4.

As a proof of strengthen life in IE:
My Birth certificate [with my parents name in it]
My job details
My children school details
Doctors details for the whole family

United78
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by United78 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:57 pm

Hi after how many days ur parents got visa from Irish embassy delhi?
I'm also Bangladeshi national.

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 am

rfaruque wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:45 pm
We have applied for residency using EU1 application.
Parents are granted 6 months Stamp 4.

As a proof of strengthen life in IE:
My Birth certificate [with my parents name in it]
My job details
My children school details
Doctors details for the whole family
Sorry for confusion............I can see from the forum that you have already applied for Ireland residency card using EU1 form...However i wanted to ask that....have you made application for UK VISA yet for your parents?

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:52 pm

No I have not yet made the UK VISA. They are still in Stamp 4 since the decision for permanent residency is being made.

@United, It took them 11 weeks to get Visit Visa.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:00 pm

I just wanted to ask somebody.

Now that my parents got the GNIB card and the Stamp 4 until April 2018;

If we want to travel to UK do we need re entry VISA even if they travel with me?
How long does the whole the process take to get the Residency ?

United78
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by United78 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi did they go India to submit documents in Irish embassy or You using Vfs service via DHL?
Reason to ask you ,coz i'm also Bangladeshi national.Should i send all documents in VFs or irish embassy in India using DHL?
Regards

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi @United
DHL doesnt take passports from BD any more;

We submitted the passports and other documentations by ourselves by travelling to Calcutta

But you can also submit through VFS

United78
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by United78 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:51 am

@rfaruque on your parents " C -visit visa ,what is the issued place?
Is it Dublin or New Delhi?
Regatds

rfaruque

EU Residency application

Post by rfaruque » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi all,

We have submitted the first Application for my parents through EU 1 on October and then sent requested documents in November 2018.

INIS gave my parents 6 months Stamp 4. And mentioned that the decision will be made by April 2018.
I am a bit concerned with Brexit and all.

Could any body let me know the possibility time frame to hear about the result for these applications?

Thanks in Advance.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU Residency application

Post by max307 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:59 pm

rfaruque wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:49 pm
Hi all,

We have submitted the first Application for my parents through EU 1 on October and then sent requested documents in November 2018.

INIS gave my parents 6 months Stamp 4. And mentioned that the decision will be made by April 2018.
I am a bit concerned with Brexit and all.

Could any body let me know the possibility time frame to hear about the result for these applications?

Thanks in Advance.
I think that once an application is ongoing there is nothing to worry about. INIS will continue to process applications of family members of UK citizens and I assume that applications already in the system won't be denied unless that for some weird reason UK citizens aren't eligible to live in the EU anymore after Brexit (if it happens at all).

No one really knows what will happen to UK citizens and their family members in the EU.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU Residency application

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.