ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fmeu
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by fmeu » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:06 pm

pls can you advise if i apply for ilr under the long residence in uk rule and i happen to be a postgrauduate doctor, do i need to use the FLR(O) as well as SET(O)? Thank you.

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:27 pm

No .... there is never any occasion when you would need to submit, at the same time, a FLR and a SET form.

SET(O) is clearly the one that applies to you. All the SET forms hopefully lead to ILR being granted.
John

fmeu
Newly Registered

Post by fmeu » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:47 pm

Cheers for prompt reply. I will let you know of the outcome.

fmeu
Newly Registered

ilr-10yr rule

Post by fmeu » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:43 am

Hello again!

Thanks to this fantastic discussion board, and a friend's discovery of this site, I have now acquired ilr in Lpool 2days ago :D It's very quick and painless, they gave appoitnment in less than a week, and the day itself, it took only 2hrs to complete the process! There's a starbuck just round the corner that you can chill if you get bored of waiting 8) Definitely worth paying £250 !!

All the best to you all :)

John

Post by John » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:48 am

Congratulations! Glad it all worked out, but why not?! :D

OK, for you definitely worth paying £250 for your ILR. I just wonder whether those that follow you and need to apply on or after 1st April 2005 will be saying .... "Definitely worth paying £500 !!" ??????

Now that you have got your ILR, in a year's time do you intend to go for your Naturalisation as a British Citizen?
John