ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Josh Hagino
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm
varma24365 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi Varma

Yes, will do after I attend my appointment tomorrow. I rang them to but not much of a help!
Thank you Winshee18.

I just call home office to asking how we are contacted after decision made by the case worker.( Super premium service : new service)

they said we do not have information about new service :roll:

Please ask at the bio-metric appointment center. If they say upto 6 months, then no point of paying extra £610..

will be waiting for your reply tomorrow. all the best...
The choice of standard or super priority is made on UKVI website and the payment is made there. Sopra Steria can not tell you how long it will take to process your visa. Sopra Steria are only collecting your biometrics and supporting document, they are not processing the application. If you have not chosen super priority before going to the service centre, you are already in the 6 months processing timeline.
I have paid mine with super premium. I hope I can get a decision within 24 hours. fingers crossed!!

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi Josh

I also had similar issue. In the mandatory documents section, there isn't anything for me to upload. SO I have uploaded all my documents in the optional section. There is not much of a choice.
Yes i m facing the same situation, i rang them today and they said just upload as much as you can then go to the appointment they will help you..
Also I am just wondering are you going to pay for document checking? It doesn't give me an option to purchase that service on my account. Not sure if its because I also paid 60 pounds for my appointment so its included?

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:41 pm

kayden636 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:28 pm
if u read home office new update and guide line it wil clrearly show that whith new seystem it wil b more cnance to b refused so i seugest u apply with post
Where does it say this?? Don't scare me because Ive already booked with the new system.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Josh

I also had similar issue. In the mandatory documents section, there isn't anything for me to upload. SO I have uploaded all my documents in the optional section. There is not much of a choice.
Hi, I have also got a question about signing the consent form. I am applying for myself and there is no joint account or family involved. does it mean i only need to sign part 1 and leave part 2 and 3 blank?
Thank you !

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Josh

Hi, I have also got a question about signing the consent form. I am applying for myself and there is no joint account or family involved. does it mean i only need to sign part 1
and leave part 2 and 3 blank?
Thank you !
Only sign consent form part1
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Josh

Hi, I have also got a question about signing the consent form. I am applying for myself and there is no joint account or family involved. does it mean i only need to sign part 1
Thank you !
Hi, thank you very much for your response. Correct me if I was not right. I include my girlfriend's (been together 4 years) detail as well as his passport front page in my application, stayed as unmarried partner. However, we does not have any joint account or have anything under joint name. I felt like I need to sign the part 2 because she need to give home office permission that they can review his information. Maybe I am wrong? Also, for part 3, I was going to ask my parents to sign it, because they are paying for my tuition fees, rent as well as LR application fees. I feel like my parents are the sponsors of my life in the Uk so they might count as third party who provide financial support to set out my application. What do you think?? Correct me if I am wrong. Again thank you so much for your help !

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:36 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Josh

Thank you !
Hi, thank you very much for your response. Correct me if I was not right. I include my girlfriend's (been together 4 years) detail as well as his passport front page in my application, stayed as unmarried partner. However, we does not have any joint account or have anything under joint name. I felt like I need to sign the part 2 because she need to give home office permission that they can review his information. Maybe I am wrong? Also, for part 3, I was going to ask my parents to sign it, because they are paying for my tuition fees, rent as well as LR application fees. I feel like my parents are the sponsors of my life in the Uk so they might count as third party who provide financial support to set out my application. What do you think?? Correct me if I am wrong. Again thank you so much for your help !
Why did you include your girlfriend? What is your immigration status and what route are you applying through?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:02 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:36 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

Thank you !
Why did you include your girlfriend? What is your immigration status and what route are you applying through?
Hi, mine is SET(LR), however, under relationship states, it says either single or unmarried partner (if you consider you are in a genuine relationship) . That is why I included her in the application. I have been with her for more than 4 years and she is British citizen.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:09 pm

varma24365 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi Varma

Yes, will do after I attend my appointment tomorrow. I rang them to but not much of a help!
Thank you Winshee18.

I just call home office to asking how we are contacted after decision made by the case worker.( Super premium service : new service)

they said we do not have information about new service :roll:

Please ask at the bio-metric appointment center. If they say upto 6 months, then no point of paying extra £610..

will be waiting for your reply tomorrow. all the best...
Hi Varma

Yes, sure. Thanks I will let you know by evening tomorrow as mine is at 12pm.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:40 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Josh

Yes i m facing the same situation, i rang them today and they said just upload as much as you can then go to the appointment they will help you..
Also I am just wondering are you going to pay for document checking? It doesn't give me an option to purchase that service on my account. Not sure if its because I also paid 60 pounds for my appointment so its included?
Hi Josh

I had the option of buying the document checking service. Maybe because you are going to enhanced centre, its probably included in that.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Josh

Hi Josh

I had the option of buying the document checking service. Maybe because you are going to enhanced centre, its probably included in that.
Hi, yeah I called them today and said I will take all my documents to my appointment for check. Did you book super premium as well or just normal ones? I booked super premium and hope I can get a result within 24 hours. But I don't know if the new system is efficient yet.

OscarB
Newly Registered

Post by OscarB » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Hello,

I need some advice about booking for the premium service appointment.

I had set up an account in August and now need to book a premium service appointment. I have been refreshing the page at several times during the day without luck!

Has something been changed to the booking system since the introduction of a change in document submission process to Sopra Steria?

Do I need to create a new account?

It seems strange that at 12 midnight, there would usually be a slow down on the website due to dates being uploaded but now, it wastes no time in saying there are no appointments for the next 45 days.

Am I missing something fundamental here please? I thought he new process would make things better.

Please kindly assist. I need to get my application in as soon as possible.

Thanks

melhaj
Newly Registered

Post by melhaj » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Hello,

I read this thread where parts of it are very helpful but I'm still not sure how the full process works and will appreciate it if someone could answer my questions below please:

1- When do I fill and submit the "Apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen" form? In my case on January 8 2019 it's exactly 12 months since I got my ILR and I've been in the UK on that day 5 years ago (and also for 3 months after that day).

2- When do I use https://www.ukvcas.co.uk? from the thread I guess this happens after I fill the form in 1- pay and submit, they'll then issue me with login details to access UKVCAS and go check my documents?

3- Does the process differ if I got my ILR through the 10 years or 5 years (tier 2) route? It's the latter in my case.

4- When application is approved, are the ceremony and passport both within the same process or do I need to apply for each separately in that particularity order?

Thanks

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Josh

Hi Josh

Hi, yeah I called them today and said I will take all my documents to my appointment for check. Did you book super premium as well or just normal ones? I booked super premium and hope I can get a result within 24 hours. But I don't know if the new system is efficient yet.
Josh and winshee, I am following your thread in very carefully! I think you two are the first of many going through with the new appointment process. I look forward to hearing back from Winshee today / tomorrow about your appointment and whether they indeed give you next day decision. I would hope that because we are paying the extra £610 they would not make us wait any longer than 24 hours! Hope all went well today.
Josh, when are you going for yours? And you too will be expediting it?
My last question is in regards to the 28th day qualifying period. Does anyone know how much in advance we can start the online process? In other words, is the date of the online submission and payment that HO considers? Or is it the date that you attend appointment at the service center? There appears to be many difference of opinion on this forum. If my 28 day qualifying period Starts on December 17, do I submit only as of this date? I appreciate your advice

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:53 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:35 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

Hi Josh

Josh and winshee, I am following your thread in very carefully! I think you two are the first of many going through with the new appointment process. I look forward to hearing back from Winshee today / tomorrow about your appointment and whether they indeed give you next day decision. I would hope that because we are paying the extra £610 they would not make us wait any longer than 24 hours! Hope all went well today.
My last question is in regards to the 28th day qualifying period. Does anyone know how much in advance we can start the online process? In other words, is the date of the online submission and payment that HO considers? Or is it the date that you attend appointment at the service center? There appears to be many difference of opinion on this forum. If my 28 day qualifying period Starts on December 17, do I submit only as of this date? I appreciate your advice

You can read the experience of someone that attended the appointment last friday here ,
indefinite-leave-to-remain/consent-form ... 67291.html

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:21 pm

allyf wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

Hi Josh

Thanks djsuccess that forum was very helpful. Now we know that super priority service does have a turnaround time of 24 hours. Is there anyway you could give me advice on my last question above... how soon I can start applying online and which date does HO consider as the date of submission (date paid online or date of your biometric appointment when doing priority service). In other words, if my qualifying date is (28 days within expiry of visa) lands on dec 17, when do I start the online process?

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

Below is what happened. I arrived an hour early to my appointment.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

9. I will update here once I hear a decision from UKVI.

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 pm
Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

All the best everyone.

Winshee18
Thank you Winshee18 for this very elaborate feedback! Sounds frustrating that the center didn’t have their staff ready for this, but it sounds like everything will go through smoothly and you’ll get an answer by this time tomorrow😁 Regarding the document check, did you upload your documents online before your appointment? Was this what the sopra steria staff was looking at?

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:39 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18
Thank you Winshee18 for this very elaborate feedback! Sounds frustrating that the center didn’t have their staff ready for this, but it sounds like everything will go through smoothly and you’ll get an answer by this time tomorrow😁 Regarding the document check, did you upload your documents online before your appointment? Was this what the sopra steria staff was looking at?

I uploaded all documents myself and Didnt ask them to do it for me

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:39 pm
allyf wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

I uploaded all documents myself and Didnt ask them to do it for me
Thank you for confirming. It is probably best to upload the documents ourselves to speed up the appt. please do let us know when your visa arrives tomorrow 🎉

sohailghani
Newly Registered

Post by sohailghani » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18
Hi winshee18,
I hope, you will get good news tomorrow. I have a question for you related to the documents upload. you did upload documents yourself. when you submitting or upload documents I meant during online submitting application or upload all documents in the Birmingham UK VACS center. further which format to upload documents. I have 10 documents. So i need to upload each documents individually or create one pfd file.

Regards,

nice111

Post by nice111 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:19 pm

It is good to hear about your experience. Best of luck for tomorrow, please keep us updated.

Thanks

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:07 am

allyf wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:
Winshee18 wrote:
Josh Hagino wrote:

Hi Josh

hi, my appointment is on thursday and i paid for super priority as well. So i will let you know how it goes. Also about 28 days, i think you have to wait till 28 days before u meet the requirement then submit the documents. I think application submission date is the date they count.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 am

Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18

Hi, thank you for all the information. I am going to the appointment on thursday.
Did you go to an enhanced appointment centre (i.e. you had to pay extra for it)? Does it include all document check? I paid 60 pounds for my appointment and hopefully they will check my document as well. Wish you all the best for your application and let us know the outcomes.

OscarB
Newly Registered

Post by OscarB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:16 am

Winshee18 wrote:
Hi Everyone

All the best everyone.

Winshee18
Thanks for this detail! Did you have to get the appointment after booking a the premium service slot at https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next please? If so, how did you get the appointment please? It is getting increasingly frustrating as I cannot seem to get a date... please help. any tip will be useful. I have checked at midnight, 12pm and 3pm daily but without luck...