ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

A5h
Newly Registered
South Africa

British Citizenship

Post by A5h » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Hello,

Brief background (I appreciate this is not a straight-forward case), but will try to explain the best i can, here we go...;

1. Our child was born in the UK in 2010 when both me and my fiancee were on limited leave to remain visas (Tier 2 General)

2. A few years later i got naturalised and became a British citizen.

3. Meanwhile in 2014 my fiancee decided to move to Dublin, Ireland after we broke up, taking our child with her.

4. She initially moved there on a student visa.

5. I recently found out she was unable to renew her visa and she is still there as an over-stayer.

6. This means that our child's immigration status is also in limbo

Now to the big question;
I need to get our child's immigration status sorted out as a matter of urgency but not sure what would be the best option for me to take?

1. Register child as British citizen using his birth certificate?

2. Apply a child visa as a dependent of a British citizen?

I'm not really sure how the Home Office would view the fact that he is in Ireland out of status.

Thanks in advance for any steer or guidance on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:11 pm

You already have a topic., please continue there and wait for responses instead of starting a duplicate topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.