ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa or ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Yam18
Newly Registered
Ghana

Spouse visa or ILR

Post by Yam18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi CR002, Would her clock still reset to zero if she had her first PBS before July 2012? My wife is in a similar situation, could she amalgamate her stay based on rule 287(a)? Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa or ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Yam18 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:56 pm
Hi CR002, Would her clock still reset to zero if she had her first PBS before July 2012? My wife is in a similar situation, could she amalgamate her stay based on rule 287(a)? Thank you
Please ask your questions in your own topic.

Clock will reset to zero if a PBS dependent applies for FLR M once the main PBS holder has got ILR based on LONG RESIDENCE. The rules changed in April 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yam18
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Yam18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 pm

I apologise. Still trying to figure out how to start my own post but would appreciate it if you could answer 1 last question. Would it matter that I now have British citizenship and she has been here for over 5 years. I did apply for ILR through long residency but now been a British citizen for 2years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:21 pm

I have split your posts to your own topic.

What is her UK immigration visa history and what visa does she currently hold?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yam18
Newly Registered
Ghana

ILR spouse Hi

Post by Yam18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi,
I would appreciate clarification on the following. I have been a British citizen for 2 years now. I was initially on Tier 1 pbs and my wife granted leave as a pbs dependent. I then applied for ILR through long residence and citizenship the following year. My wife has now been here for over 5 yrs her first visa was granted before August 2012. We have 2 children who are both British citizens. Can she use old rules to amalgamate and apply for ILR? Her last visa was flr(m) but about to run out.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR spouse Hi

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Yam18 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:02 pm
Hi,
I would appreciate clarification on the following. I have been a British citizen for 2 years now. I was initially on Tier 1 pbs and my wife granted leave as a pbs dependent. I then applied for ILR through long residence and citizenship the following year. My wife has now been here for over 5 yrs her first visa was granted before August 2012. We have 2 children who are both British citizens. Can she use old rules to amalgamate and apply for ILR? Her last visa was flr(m) but about to run out.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you so much.
No she cannot use the two different visa routes to make up 5 years for ILR. She needs 5 years on FLR M spouse visa before she can apply for ILR.

She must apply for an flr m extension before her visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Yam18
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Yam18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Thanks for that.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:15 pm

If long residence route remain active then all of her previously legally spent period will qualify for ILR under 10 years long residence route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.