ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information on family reunification visa Spain, joining and Eu citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Information on family reunification visa Spain, joining and Eu citizen

Post by Alba » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi I'm and Irish citizen working in Spain as an English teach I have just started work here. I got married to my Moroccan husband in Morocco in early September. I want him to join me here in Spain. I have been trying to find information on the process to apply for him to join me, but I can not get a clear answer. If anyone can clarify any of the points below I will be extremely grateful.
1. Will Spain recognise our Morroco marriage certificate, it was a civil ceremony and it is stamped and signed by a judge?
2.what do I have to do from Spain to get him here. Is there and application or something?
3.what visa type will he be applying for seeing as I'm an EU citizen, but being Irish, is the schegen family reunification visa applicable in our case?

Any info would be fantastic. I have been send emails enquiring just to be redirected. I am clueless on the topic and my Spanish does not stretch to this type of vocabulary when asking questions in person here I'm Spain.

Casa

Re: Information on family reunification visa Spain, joining and Eu citizen

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:36 pm

From experience, the Spanish authorities aren't particularly 'sympathetic' to entry applications from Moroccan nationals and tend not to always go strictly by the book when it comes to the EEA Regulations. :|

You will need to have your Moroccan marriage certificate legally translated into Spanish and I believe you may be required to have an apostille stamp.

If you aren't confident with your level of the Spanish language, I would suggest you use the services of a Gestor. A Gestoria is an agency which will prepare and obtain government documents for clients and are less expensive than an Abogado (solictor).

If you have Moroccan friends living in Spain, they may well be able to recommend one.

Depending on where you are living, the Spanish "comunidades" are autonomous and have different requirements when submitting paperwork.

Do you have your padrón certificate from your local Town Hall and have you applied for and received your NIE?

Are you working as a self-employed teacher or do you have a work contract?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Alba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Alba » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi thank you for responding so quickly. I was afraid of that, we have been emailing consulates and getting no response.

I have worked in Spain previously 2016-2017, in a different region, and have my NIE and social security document from then. Do I still need to register with the town hall locally?
I am working for a private academy in the North of Spain and have a contact till next June with options of renewing it.
What is an apostille stamp and how can we get one? Also do you think the translation would be better if I had it translates in Spain or would a certified Moroccan on be OK?
I will be going to the local immigration office with a Spanish friends to see if I can get more clarity on the application process. If you can think of Amy specific questions I should be asking them please let me know.
It been so difficult to actually find answers. Thanks for you advice so far I'll look into the Gestoria.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:10 pm

Alba wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi thank you for responding so quickly. I was afraid of that, we have been emailing consulates and getting no response.

I have worked in Spain previously 2016-2017, in a different region, and have my NIE and social security document from then. Do I still need to register with the town hall locally?
I am working for a private academy in the North of Spain and have a contact till next June with options of renewing it.
What is an apostille stamp and how can we get one? Also do you think the translation would be better if I had it translates in Spain or would a certified Moroccan on be OK?
I will be going to the local immigration office with a Spanish friends to see if I can get more clarity on the application process. If you can think of Amy specific questions I should be asking them please let me know.
It been so difficult to actually find answers. Thanks for you advice so far I'll look into the Gestoria.
I'm cautious about giving advice on the specific procedure as although I believe your husband should have the right to enter Spain if you're travelling with him, I doubt that the Immigration Officers at the Morocco/Spain border will be compliant with the Regulations.

I suggest you ask the Immigration Office:
What is required to confirm validity of your marriage certificate
How does your husband apply for an EEA Family Permit in Morocco and what documents are required
What evidence do you need to submit as his sponsor

You will need to register with your local Town Hall for a new Padrón in order to have proof of residence. You have to register each time you change address.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Alba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Alba » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Again thank you for helping this is the mist help and information we've gotten in 2weeks and we've been emailing and contacting different offices.

I believe the same, that he had the right to enter based purely on our marriage, but also realised that there is a lot of paperwork and formalities now and didn't want to have any issues that may cause issue long term.

I will ask these questions and find out what I can and let you know in case it will be useful advice for you helping someone else at a later date.

Do you happen to know if I have to prove anything with payslip with this application? I got upset after reading on a document I found in one of the office that I needed to submit 6 months work of payslips for a family reunification visa but I think this is in the case of a non Eu citizen sponsor application.

On most expat site it say that the spouse of an EU citizen has the right to join their spouse without any huge issue is this true??

I completely understand that you are giving advice passed on what you know and can not give advice specifically.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Alba wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 pm
Again thank you for helping this is the mist help and information we've gotten in 2weeks and we've been emailing and contacting different offices.

I believe the same, that he had the right to enter based purely on our marriage, but also realised that there is a lot of paperwork and formalities now and didn't want to have any issues that may cause issue long term.

I will ask these questions and find out what I can and let you know in case it will be useful advice for you helping someone else at a later date.

Do you happen to know if I have to prove anything with payslip with this application? I got upset after reading on a document I found in one of the office that I needed to submit 6 months work of payslips for a family reunification visa but I think this is in the case of a non Eu citizen sponsor application. In principle, according to the EEA Regulations it's not compulsory to provide pay slips or bank statements for the initial entry permit. You will need this when you apply for your husband's Residence Permit once he's in Spain.
On most expat site it say that the spouse of an EU citizen has the right to join their spouse without any huge issue is this true?? It is, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the Spanish authorities are known to use the tardiness of their bureaucratic process to delay applications from Morocco.

I completely understand that you are giving advice passed on what you know and can not give advice specifically.
Have you applied for your own Residence Permit?
(Casa, not CR001)

Alba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Alba » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:11 pm

No I don't have a residence permit because I believe I was all sorted, but after chatting with you and work. I am going to sort my Padron and Residence permit tomorrow. I honestly didn't realise I needed it this time.

Regarding the apostille stamp, I'm I correct in say my original marriage certificate and any translation needs to have this stamp?
Also this stamp must be from the country of the documents origin, in my case Morocco, correct?

Do you know what they call the application that i as the sponsor here in Spain has to fill out? From my googling I can find nothing about this part of the process. What's the form is called, required documents or how to submit it etc....
I know it need to be done but that's it it. Can you clarify anything on this element of the process?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Alba wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:11 pm
No I don't have a residence permit because I believe I was all sorted, but after chatting with you and work. I am going to sort my Padron and Residence permit tomorrow. I honestly didn't realise I needed it this time.

Regarding the apostille stamp, I'm I correct in say my original marriage certificate and any translation needs to have this stamp?
Also this stamp must be from the country of the documents origin, in my case Morocco, correct? I believe so.

Do you know what they call the application that i as the sponsor here in Spain has to fill out? From my googling I can find nothing about this part of the process. What's the form is called, required documents or how to submit it etc....
I know it need to be done but that's it it. Can you clarify anything on this element of the process?

Here's the link to the official Agency in Morocco who handle applications for Spanish visas. Try contacting them for advice on the correct entry permit/visa.

https://morocco.blsspainvisa.com/english/contact.php
(Casa, not CR001)

Alba eve
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Alba eve » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:53 am

Hello it's Alba again. I got lock out of my account,password issues.
It all looks like is was going well for the visa process. My husband was given a visa appointment for late December. Which I was surprised it was so late. Also that it was a just a family reunification visa appointment not a EU family reunification visa appointment. He was told on two occasions they don't have different appointment although on the Spanish embassy in Rabat's website it looks like they did.
Our main issue now is that I am told here in Spain that there are no more form to submit as I am and EU citizen. Even after I questioned them regarding a form called " Ex 02 Solicited de authorization de residencies temporal por reagruoación familiar" which on my husband's visa application it says he needs it. I have asked on a few occasions and they continue to tell me it is not relevant as I am an E U citizen and that there is no EU equivalence to this form My husband on the other hand is in Morocco applying and he is being told it is an essential part of the application and he does need it even if his wife is and EU citizen.
Plus he is not being give a all the required documents in full. He went yesterday to check about the date and was give additional document requests which were not in the original list.
I am becoming really upset by the lack of communication within this process how is it one is say it's not need and the other say it it..
I have a right to my husband,my family, to be with me. Don't I? How can they complicate this right. If you have any knowledge on this application and or the requirement itself. I would greatly appreciate it. I am missing him a lot and this process it not clear. I don't know what to do now.
I understand the logic of the form as it connects with his visa in Morocco. It would essentially prove his wife bus looking for him.Every time I go looking for the form and document to they say it's not relevant in our case.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 am

You can try another state.
Alba eve wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:53 am
Hello it's Alba again. I got lock out of my account,password issues.
It all looks like is was going well for the visa process. My husband was given a visa appointment for late December. Which I was surprised it was so late. Also that it was a just a family reunification visa appointment not a EU family reunification visa appointment. He was told on two occasions they don't have different appointment although on the Spanish embassy in Rabat's website it looks like they did.
Our main issue now is that I am told here in Spain that there are no more form to submit as I am and EU citizen. Even after I questioned them regarding a form called " Ex 02 Solicited de authorization de residencies temporal por reagruoación familiar" which on my husband's visa application it says he needs it. I have asked on a few occasions and they continue to tell me it is not relevant as I am an E U citizen and that there is no EU equivalence to this form My husband on the other hand is in Morocco applying and he is being told it is an essential part of the application and he does need it even if his wife is and EU citizen.
Plus he is not being give a all the required documents in full. He went yesterday to check about the date and was give additional document requests which were not in the original list.
I am becoming really upset by the lack of communication within this process how is it one is say it's not need and the other say it it..
I have a right to my husband,my family, to be with me. Don't I? How can they complicate this right. If you have any knowledge on this application and or the requirement itself. I would greatly appreciate it. I am missing him a lot and this process it not clear. I don't know what to do now.
I understand the logic of the form as it connects with his visa in Morocco. It would essentially prove his wife bus looking for him.Every time I go looking for the form and document to they say it's not relevant in our case.

Alba eve
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Alba eve » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm

I feel like we're in too deep now. His appointment is in December.
The place that is causing us the biggest issue reads
"copie de l' autorisation de sejour temporaire au titre du regroupement familial notiée au regroupant.la demande de visa doit être présentée dans un délai de deux mois à compter de la notification de l'autorisation au regroupant".
When is search for this element it brings me to the form Ex 02 which I mentioned about. This form, I'm am told by the foreign policy office here, is not relevant as I am an EU citizen. My husband is told that he needs it but he was shown an example which appears to be family reunification of two non eu citizens.
Does any one know anything about this element of the visa application or the form in question.
Thanks in advance

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Please do tell what is it exactly do you want from us here.
I do not think I get the kind of help you need.
Alba eve wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm
I feel like we're in too deep now. His appointment is in December.
The place that is causing us the biggest issue reads
"copie de l' autorisation de sejour temporaire au titre du regroupement familial notiée au regroupant.la demande de visa doit être présentée dans un délai de deux mois à compter de la notification de l'autorisation au regroupant".
When is search for this element it brings me to the form Ex 02 which I mentioned about. This form, I'm am told by the foreign policy office here, is not relevant as I am an EU citizen. My husband is told that he needs it but he was shown an example which appears to be family reunification of two non eu citizens.
Does any one know anything about this element of the visa application or the form in question.
Thanks in advance

sefako
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by sefako » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:28 am

Hi
Do not mean to hijack the discussion.
I'm in a similar situation: my wife is Bulgarian(EU Citizen) and I'm South African citizen.
She's already in Spain and in the process of buying a business and the idea is to join her in a couple of months. A company will be created with both our names so as to prove sponsorship or financial ability; and to hopefully buy a flat or rent one. I intend yo get an Aetna or Allianz medical aid.
It's true that the Spanish authorities give different information in terms of what is required when applying.I sincerely think this is intentionally done to frustrate prospective immigrants.
My wife doesn't have a NIE yet but will be applying soon. She was however told by spanish authorities in SA that theres no need as she can just apply for a permit once in Spain. Yet our contact in Spain informs us that she does need a NIE. Very frustrating.
I have been advised by people to just apply for a normal EEA visa, travel with my wife to Spain, and then apply for residence once I'm in Spain given that the authorities here in SA give different requirements compared to thier counterpart in Spain.
My questions are:
IS it a good idea to go with her on EEA visa then apply for residence once I'm in Spain .I'm worried that they may turn me down and say I should have applied directly before leaving SA.
Does my wife need a NIE to own a business or a permit will do.
Please advise.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:11 am

It is a very good idea. It will be a lot more simpler and the visa you get in advance does not matter. What matters is that you enter. Once entered, you have to follow the same process. And yes, Spanish authorities might cause issues but you will have to accept it. At the end once you are there you are entitled to be with your spouse.
sefako wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:28 am
Hi
Do not mean to hijack the discussion.
I'm in a similar situation: my wife is Bulgarian(EU Citizen) and I'm South African citizen.
She's already in Spain and in the process of buying a business and the idea is to join her in a couple of months. A company will be created with both our names so as to prove sponsorship or financial ability; and to hopefully buy a flat or rent one. I intend yo get an Aetna or Allianz medical aid.
It's true that the Spanish authorities give different information in terms of what is required when applying.I sincerely think this is intentionally done to frustrate prospective immigrants.
My wife doesn't have a NIE yet but will be applying soon. She was however told by spanish authorities in SA that theres no need as she can just apply for a permit once in Spain. Yet our contact in Spain informs us that she does need a NIE. Very frustrating.
I have been advised by people to just apply for a normal EEA visa, travel with my wife to Spain, and then apply for residence once I'm in Spain given that the authorities here in SA give different requirements compared to thier counterpart in Spain.
My questions are:
IS it a good idea to go with her on EEA visa then apply for residence once I'm in Spain .I'm worried that they may turn me down and say I should have applied directly before leaving SA.
Does my wife need a NIE to own a business or a permit will do.
Please advise.