ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Suni204
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

2nd job

Post by Suni204 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi
I work in nhs under tier 2 and have shift pattern.I also work as locum in the same proffession for another nhs hospital.I have always worked less than 20hrs a week..but during my annual leave i have worked more than 20hrs as my agency and hospital its ok to do so...i want to know if this would effect my visa extension.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2nd job

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:43 pm

.but during my annual leave i have worked more than 20hrs as my agency and hospital its ok to do so...i want to know if this would effect my visa extension.
This is not permitted. You can ONLY work your supplementary job outside of the hours for your main sponsor and you cannot do supplementary work in your approved time off from your main job as this is still considered 'main job time' for which you are being paid by your primary sponsor.

You also are not permitted to work more than 20 hours per week in the supplementary job under ANY circumstances, it is a breach of your visa conditions, regardless of whether the hospital or agency is 'ok' with it.

Page 177 in the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _final.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.