ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Josh Hagino
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi guys

Also does anyone know UKVI number? that is related to LR (SET) category ?

Thank you very much !

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:59 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:16 pm
O_o wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:12 am
Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 pm
Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

Below is what happened. I arrived an hour early to my appointment.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

9. I will update here once I hear a decision from UKVI.

All the best everyone.

Winshee18
Hi Winshee18,

Do you now have a response from UKVI?

Regards,
O_o

Not yet, I am still waiting. It has been over 24 hours now! :(
I bet it is a painful waiting experience !!!
Yes, it is. No news yet!! Having paid all those money and making their job even easy by scanning all documents by myself :(

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:03 pm

jibs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:00 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 pm
Hi Everyone

I attended my appointment at the UKVCAS - Sopra Steria today at 12pm. I went for SET (LR) super premium.

Below is what happened. I arrived an hour early to my appointment.

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID)

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to wait until called for checking-in. They had few chairs to sit and they was a water dispenser.

3. I was called to one of the agents after almost an hour (as they even didn't know what they are doing as today was the first day at the Birmingham Centre) for Official Check-in -again using the QR code and Passport. Once this was done, I was asked to wait to be enrolled for Biometric.

4. I was then called for registering my biometric. The UKVI has installed a kit where you do them all by yourself. It is pretty self-explanatory. I did this and waited for document checks

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at her screen for almost 15 - 20 minutes saying she is looking at my documents. I heard/saw a lot of mouse clicks (may be she was clicking document approved). After that she said, all documents are fine.

6. I double checked her that if everything okay: because they the person didn't even look at my other originals that I carried with me. Not even a single document (apart from the passport). She said it is all good and that I have included necessary documents (dont know how she knew it).

7. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). Its 7pm now an dI am yet to hear. I was told I will be contacted by either my contact number or through the email.

8. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 2.5 hrs for me (may be because I arrived early and the staffs were not very clear on some things).

9. I will update here once I hear a decision from UKVI.

All the best everyone.

Winshee18
Hi Winshee18,

I have also attended the same centre-Birmingham on the same day and my appointment was 8.30am. I had a similar experience to yours and I have added some comments to your post:

I went for SET (LR) super premium ( super priority) paying £3018 and also paid £100 for the appointment.

Below is what happened. I arrived 5 minutes early and was welcomes by a staff member-nice reception!

Apart from that reception, everything else was a mess!!

1. I got ID checked by one of the Sopra steria staff (looked at the QR code/reference number on the appointment confirmation and then checked my passport - photo ID) - This was the first step.

2. I was given a printed handout "How to do Biometric yourself" and a token number. I was asked to go to the kiosk for entering biometric.

3. The staff were saying that this is their first day and you are our first customer, anyway I tried scan the QR code on the machine however nothing was displayed on the screen and staff keeps on saying try again despite my request to check if machine is turned on and ready! Few minutes later staff realised the display was not powered - any way I scanned QR code followed b passport and enter biometrics as per the instruction. Very straightforward and easy to follow instructions.

4. I did this and waited for document checks.

5. I was then called for document check. Again they asked my Appointment reference number and Passport. After that the Sopra Steria staff kept looking at the screen clearly confused what to do or how to do. I had uploaded most of the documents however they had to check passports and scan each page. This took almost 30-40 minutes to complete as he was not sure how to do it and was dong it for the first time.

6. After an hour, we were still on scanning and clicking stage- and the case worker asked if you have done your biometric. He was not able to see biometric details completed so I had to do biometric again. As I went back after biometric another person- who seems like Manager was behind the case worker as he was struggling to upload documents and submit application. They then said it looks like we need to do it all again - so he started scanning all documents again -another 40 minutes.

7. Finally, this process was completed around 11am- then the case worker tried to submit the biometric and scanned documents following guidance from his manager - several minutes waiting and still processing. They asked me to wait in the waiting area.

8. I asked for a confirmation however the case worker unable to provide actually don't know if there is anything like a confirmation. There was a Home Office staff and I spoke to this staff about my experience.

9. 11.04am I received an email from Home Office confirming application received, however the email advised me that it may take upto six months for processing the application. I showed this to the Home Office staff to make sure they have submitted it as a super priority with 24 hour decision not as standard. The staff member checked it on the system and said this message is a standard message send by HOme Office and few other people have also received the same on the previous day.

10. I was told I will get the decision in 24 hrs from submission (round the clock). I was told I will be informed by an email and the UKVI case worker will contact in case if they need any further information. Also told me it can be in the next hour as there was some submitted their application the previous day and received an outcome within an hour!!

11. Once all done, I left the centre. It took around 3 hrs for me

12. 24 hour gone today -no update from UKVI and I contacted the UKVI and Sopra Steria

13. UKVI said we are unable check anything.

14: Sopra Steria- Please contact UKVI.

15. Sopra Steria website account remains open and uploading function still open today. When I mentioned this during my phone conversation with Sopra Steria customer service, they wanted to check with a manger and after a while told me that there is an automatic cut off time 2200 hours.

16. 24 hours and next day( as Home office closes 5pm) passed -without any outcome!

Winshee18_ Very good description and thank you for your time to share this experience.
Hi Jibs

I think I have actually seen you in the appointment centre! Small world after all :) Thanks for adding to the post. The main reason why I wanted to upload all my document was I dont want to take the risk of them scanning the document - I knew this may take a while... Also, the lady that checked my documents in the computer didnt ask the originals at all. She kept clicking, clicking and clicking! Thats all.....

The Sopra Steria document upload page is still live for me! So I dont think the UKVI looked at our application yet. The UKVI staff said the same thing to me that someone in Manchester received approval in an hour - may be that was a Tier - 2. or may be that was the only case they did in an hour!!

I had the email like you received from Home office. It is a standard one and I received it on the next day I submitted my online application. So nothing to worry I guess??

I rang the UKVI and Sopra: same result as you.

I hope we will get some positive news tomorrow.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 pm
So guys,,

I received a phone call from UKVCAS saying due to there is a technical issue I have to cancel my appointment and rebook again !!! this is such a joke. I cancelled it and rebooked again for next week and they took another 60 pounds from me !!! I called them and asked if i can get my first booking's money back, they said i will have to contact UKVI!!! excuse me? I booked from your website and you ask me to contact UKVI?? So angry! got all my documents ready for tomorrow and got told I have to cancel it. I'm calling UKVI tomorrow for my refund. This service is a mess!
Hi Josh

I am sorry to hear that. I know how it feels, having prepared all documents and now you have to book for one next week :( It is a mess!! I hope the UKVI actions on this asap. This will be really bad for someone who booked their appointment on the last few days before their visa expired!

I hope you get an appointment soon!

jibs
Newly Registered

Post by jibs » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi Winshee18,

Thank you for following up my previous post.

The Sopra Steria document upload page is still live for me! So I don't think the UKVI looked at our application yet - Same situation however I was thinking that the email confirmation I received from UKVI soon after my appointment with the case worker at Sopra Steria means the UKVI received all documents and allocated to a cse worker. This was based on my conversation with the UKVI staff at the centre.

When I contacted the Sopra Steria customer service this afternoon, i requested a clarification as I was not provided any proof of submission. Unfortunately, the staff seems not familiar with the system and refer to UKVI for further information.

I had the email like you received from Home office. It is a standard one and I received it on the next day I submitted my online application. So nothing to worry I guess?? -Thank you- this means it was coincidence!! I submitted the online application the previous day however as I received this email 5 minutes after my session with the case worker at Sopra Steria, I thought this was a confirmation from UKVI that scanning/original checks/biometric all done!

I rang the UKVI and Sopra: same result as you - Unfortunately both parties are not very helpful.

Also, I logged into the UKVI online application and next mandatory step 'book an appointment' option is still there. I was hoping once the appointment is successfully completed then the system will update to reflect the progress made on the application.

I hope we will get some positive news tomorrow- fingers crossed.

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
So guys,,

I received a phone call from UKVCAS saying due to there is a technical issue I have to cancel my appointment and rebook again !!! this is such a joke. I cancelled it and rebooked again for next week and they took another 60 pounds from me !!! I called them and asked if i can get my first booking's money back, they said i will have to contact UKVI!!! excuse me? I booked from your website and you ask me to contact UKVI?? So angry! got all my documents ready for tomorrow and got told I have to cancel it. I'm calling UKVI tomorrow for my refund. This service is a mess!
Hi Josh

I am sorry to hear that. I know how it feels, having prepared all documents and now you have to book for one next week :( It is a mess!! I hope the UKVI actions on this asap. This will be really bad for someone who booked their appointment on the last few days before their visa expired!

Hi,

Thank you ! I really hope they are not going to cancel another appointment on me. At least you have had your appointment so you have nothing to worry about now. Please keep in touch with your process and I wish you all the best :)

jibs
Newly Registered

Post by jibs » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi Josh Hagino,

When I contacted the Sopra Steria customer service this afternoon, they mentioned about system failure- so that may be the reason for cancelling your appointment.

Hope the booked appointment goes as per the plan- all the best!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
So guys,,

Hi Josh

Hi,

Thank you ! I really hope they are not going to cancel another appointment on me. At least you have had your appointment so you have nothing to worry about now. Please keep in touch with your process and I wish you all the best :)
Josh! Just seen your messages...seriously wtf with this new system! 😣🤬

Brum_Brum
Newly Registered

Post by Brum_Brum » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am
Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee
Hi WInshee,

How did it go?

Josh Hagino
Japan

Post by Josh Hagino » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:12 am

jibs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 pm
Hi Josh Hagino,

When I contacted the Sopra Steria customer service this afternoon, they mentioned about system failure- so that may be the reason for cancelling your appointment.

Hope the booked appointment goes as per the plan- all the best!
Hi, thank you very much for that ! :)

kerboodle
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kerboodle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:38 am

I also had my appointment on Tuesday in London, i was out of there by 1 pm and i still haven't received a decision yet :(. The wait is killing me, i am just thinking the worst, this state of unknown is not good. However, i'm glad to see a few people who had their appointment near the time that i had mine on here also haven't heard back. I hope it's to do with technical problems. They did take around 20 mins just to take my picture on the day.

i never got this email confirmation from ukvi confirming receipt like some of you have mentioned. now i am even more worried. these technical problems wont end. Now i have to hope it has gone through and and the system has just missed this email.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:49 am

Hi guys,

I can understand the pain of waiting. What's the point of paying extra money for same day decision when u r not gonna get one. I guess UKVI has lowered the service standard, it was all fine with the previous system and people were happy.
1. U were getting same day decision.
2. Case worker can see u in person there and then incase of any confusion or clarification.
I dont understand the need of this new not worth for money system.

Guys, who have submitted their applications and gone over 24 hours, would u mind telling us that were ur applications straight forward?

O_o
Newly Registered

Post by O_o » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:21 am

*UPDATE* *UPDATE* *UPDATE*

Like most of you I had my appointment this week (Tuesday) as well in London, I was also waiting for response-email from Home Office. Repeatedly kept checking my email and received nothing till now. This morning at about 07:30, heard a loud bang on the door, I was not expecting any package or delivery.

Opened the door and the man says my name, confirmed and handed me a brown envelope and left. I opened the envelope, inside was a letter and my Biometric card with my Indefinite Leave to Remain!!!!

So you might want to have someone at home if you heading out to work this morning.

All the best guys.

O_o

O_o
Newly Registered

Post by O_o » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:30 am

I also just noticed the date of issue on the Biometric card was the 13th (Tuesday) which means that a decision had been made the same day I went into the premium lounge but received no correspondence at all from Home Office/UKVI.

I will try to post details of everything I submitted and the process at Premium Lounge in London later on.

O_o

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:54 am

Dear O_o,

Congrats. We all are waiting for your timeline. Did you fill the online appli form and booked apt at the end?
Could you please also help us by providing the details of how the online appli form SET LR- ILR questions are, for eg does it ask for: employment history?
address proof,
pay slips (months)?
bank statement (months)?
p60 (years)? address history? .
Also is there any chance of uploading Cover Letter.
Are there any centers in London and are there any possibility of sat appts.

Sorry too many questions.. But pls try to address as many as u can. This will help a lot to so many of us.

Kind Regards,

aigskay
Newly Registered

Post by aigskay » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:10 am

Please could anyone who has recently used the new UKVCAS system to upload documents give any information regarding making coloured copies of original documents and upload onto the system. is Coloured copies frowned upon versus b&w copies? thanks for any response.

Usman786000
Newly Registered

Post by Usman786000 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:22 am

Hi
Does anyone know where to find the consent form for home office. It was available before making the payment through new system but after that I couldn’t find it anywhere.
Much appreciated

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:13 pm

O_o wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:30 am
I also just noticed the date of issue on the Biometric card was the 13th (Tuesday) which means that a decision had been made the same day I went into the premium lounge but received no correspondence at all from Home Office/UKVI.

I will try to post details of everything I submitted and the process at Premium Lounge in London later on.

O_o
Dear O_o

Thank you for sharing your update. As I mentioned in my previous post I did the super-premium (£3018.2) and still waiting for the decision. Just a quick check, can you still log into the spora steria webpage where you have uploaded the document? Not sure if I missed, but which router did you go for? SET -LR?

Thanks
Winshee18

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Usman786000 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:22 am
Hi
Does anyone know where to find the consent form for home office. It was available before making the payment through new system but after that I couldn’t find it anywhere.
Much appreciated
This is what I used:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm

aigskay wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:10 am
Please could anyone who has recently used the new UKVCAS system to upload documents give any information regarding making coloured copies of original documents and upload onto the system. is Coloured copies frowned upon versus b&w copies? thanks for any response.

If you are scanning, you might just want to scan it in couloured one which is better in my view to look at. As long as they are clear, I guess there is no real difference.

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

jibs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:32 pm
Hi Winshee18,

Thank you for following up my previous post.

The Sopra Steria document upload page is still live for me! So I don't think the UKVI looked at our application yet - Same situation however I was thinking that the email confirmation I received from UKVI soon after my appointment with the case worker at Sopra Steria means the UKVI received all documents and allocated to a cse worker. This was based on my conversation with the UKVI staff at the centre.

When I contacted the Sopra Steria customer service this afternoon, i requested a clarification as I was not provided any proof of submission. Unfortunately, the staff seems not familiar with the system and refer to UKVI for further information.

I had the email like you received from Home office. It is a standard one and I received it on the next day I submitted my online application. So nothing to worry I guess?? -Thank you- this means it was coincidence!! I submitted the online application the previous day however as I received this email 5 minutes after my session with the case worker at Sopra Steria, I thought this was a confirmation from UKVI that scanning/original checks/biometric all done!

I rang the UKVI and Sopra: same result as you - Unfortunately both parties are not very helpful.

Also, I logged into the UKVI online application and next mandatory step 'book an appointment' option is still there. I was hoping once the appointment is successfully completed then the system will update to reflect the progress made on the application.

I hope we will get some positive news tomorrow- fingers crossed.

Hi Jibs

Thanks for replying. Please can you me know once you hear from the UKVI? This will be of great hepl!

Winshee

Winshee18
India

Post by Winshee18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Brum_Brum wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am
Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee
Hi WInshee,

How did it go?
Brum_Brum

See my previous posts I and Jibs already mentioned our experience

timipre
Newly Registered

Post by timipre » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm

I am new here and was looking for information on the new system.

I accompanied my husband to the new Birmingham Sopra Steria centre on Tuesday 13th November. He was welcomed as the first customer as we arrived early, waited a few minutes and were allowed in about 8:15 am for his 8.30 appointment. He was customer One and was given a Number One slip which I still have. He applied under the super priority service category.

The centre had some difficulty with their machines at first, which was significant for him because he has some visual impairment and could not use the self-service kiosk and so he had to have his image captured by staff.

This was resolved when some staff from the home office who were there intervened. We left after completing the application process at about 10 am, after a staff has scanned his international passport and mine, taken his bio metrics and checked the documents he had uploaded with his application, on their computer (we paid for this service). Then they asked if there was anything he wanted to add before they clicked 'send'. He said no, and they sent the documents electronically to the Home office.

Staff were very kind as were members of the Home Office who were there. Any one who was there between 8.30am and about 10 am when we left the place should remember my husband. It took about an hour and thirty minutes to capture his image as machines temporarily failed, but not the staff, they made up for these machine issues by their kindness, apologies and persistence.

We left after he joked with them that he deserved a service award as their 'longest serving customer.'

There was no email acknowledging the documents sent on Tuesday 13th November by Sopra Steria had reached the Home Office. The only email received from the Home office was the acknowledgement email sent after his application form was filled and submitted online.

We are now waiting to hear from the Home Office two days after.

jibs
Newly Registered

Post by jibs » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:29 pm

timipre wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm

I accompanied my husband to the new Birmingham Sopra Steria centre on Tuesday 13th November. He was welcomed as the first customer as we arrived early, waited a few minutes and were allowed in about 8:15 am for his 8.30 appointment. He was customer One and was given a Number One slip which I still have. He applied under the super priority service category.

The centre had some difficulty with their machines at first, which was significant for him because he has some visual impairment and could not use the self-service kiosk and so he had to have his image captured by staff.

This was resolved when some staff from the home office who were there intervened. We left after completing the application process at about 10 am, after a staff has scanned his international passport and mine, taken his bio metrics and checked the documents he had uploaded with his application, on their computer (we paid for this service). Then they asked if there was anything he wanted to add before they clicked 'send'. He said no, and they sent the documents electronically to the Home office.

Staff were very kind as were members of the Home Office who were there. Any one who was there between 8.30am and about 10 am when we left the place should remember my husband. It took about an hour and thirty minutes to capture his image as machines temporarily failed, but not the staff, they made up for these machine issues by their kindness, apologies and persistence.

We left after he joked with them that he deserved a service award as their 'longest serving customer.'

There was no email acknowledging the documents sent on Tuesday 13th November by Sopra Steria had reached the Home Office. The only email received from the Home office was the acknowledgement email sent after his application form was filled and submitted online.

Hi timepre,

I was also there and I do remember seeing you both.

My appointment was 8.30am and token number 3.

I have also not received any confirmation/correspondence or update from either UKVI or Sopra Steria.

Phoned UKVI- this seems like an outsourced call centre service and they are not able to help or provide any information.

Sopra - unable to confirm whether it is send successfully, according to them by 2200 hours the day there is a cut off and everything uploaded on your account can be accessed by UKVI.

I had completed my online application the previous day - 12th November and received a confirmation from UKVI soon around 11am on the 13th which was few minutes after completing the biometrics and scanning at Sopra and I thought this is a confirmation. However, based on reading other posts Winshee18, it seems like a confirmation of application made online not the biometrics/scan received or completed.

This waiting is killing!!

timipre
Newly Registered

Post by timipre » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:35 pm

timipre wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm

I accompanied my husband to the new Birmingham Sopra Steria centre on Tuesday 13th November. He was welcomed as the first customer as we arrived early, waited a few minutes and were allowed in about 8:15 am for his 8.30 appointment. He was customer One and was given a Number One slip which I still have. He applied for LR using the super priority service.

We left after he joked with them that he deserved a service award as their 'longest serving customer.' :D