ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Experience from the London Premium Lounge, EC3R 7AF

Post by vikm » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi, Would anyone want to share their appointment experience at the London Premium Lounge?

vikm
Newly Registered
India

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by vikm » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi, Does anyone know how long it takes for the decision to be made if going by the Super Priority Service being offered by Sopra Steria/UKVCAS? Is this the same day/next day service or does the 6 months general timeline apply?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:29 pm

vikm wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:42 pm
Hi, Does anyone know how long it takes for the decision to be made if going by the Super Priority Service being offered by Sopra Steria/UKVCAS? Is this the same day/next day service or does the 6 months general timeline apply?

The super priority is expected to be next day decision. You cannot get same day decision because there are no HO caseworkers in Sopra Steria biometric centres or Libraries. Sopra Steria only collects your supporting documents and biometrics and forward them to UKVI who will then process the application as usual. Ho already has your application because you have submitted and made payment online.
So if you have paid for super priority, you should get a decision in 24 hours (provided your application goes well and does not require further verification)
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Thanks for the response. I remember reading somewhere that it was next day decision, however, after submitting the application and paying for the super priority service (around 3020 GBP), I got an email from the Home Office saying that it would take 6 months. So I am not sure. This looks like the the generic (auto-generated) email that goes out and may be it has not been updated following the launch of the Super Priority service.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:59 pm

vikm wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm
Thanks for the response. I remember reading somewhere that it was next day decision, however, after submitting the application and paying for the super priority service (around 3020 GBP), I got an email from the Home Office saying that it would take 6 months. So I am not sure. This looks like the the generic (auto-generated) email that goes out and may be it has not been updated following the launch of the Super Priority service.
When did you submit your application and when did you get the email?
I believe it's a generic mail
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Applied on 06/11 at around 8 PM and the got the email on 07/11 at around 11 AM.

Thanks.

Avy18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Avy18 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:08 pm

When is your appointment?

nice111

Post by nice111 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:26 pm

it must be a generic email otherwise what is the purpose of super premium service and paying extra for it (£600 something) when you get decision in 6 months (same as postal application).

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Well I am hoping so. Fingers crossed.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 pm

vikm wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:40 pm
Well I am hoping so. Fingers crossed.
When is your appointment?

Also please keep us updated on your VCAS appointment's experience.

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:45 pm

It's this week 15/11. Will do.

globalindian
Member of Standing

Post by globalindian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Good luck buddy. Did you get super premium service appointment for 15th nov through new Sopra Steria website? It seems the earliest appointment slot is available in 8 days.
Is super premium service appointment available at any other place other than London ?

priyakat
Newly Registered

Post by priyakat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi All,

Hope all are doing well. I had a super priority appointment on 12th Nov in premium lounge for ILR application, london.
I was supposed to get decision with in 24 hrs, but yet i didn't receive any mail from UKVI for 2 days. Has anyone used super priority service of UKVCAS and got decision? I am so worried, don't know whats happening as there were technical issues on that day.

Advanced thanks for your time.

kerboodle
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kerboodle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:08 am

I also had my appointment on Tuesday in London, i was out of there by 1 pm and i still haven't received a decision yet :(. The wait is killing me, i am just thinking the worst, this state of unknown is not good. However, i'm glad to see a few people who had their appointment near the time that i had mine on here also haven't heard back. I hope it's to do with technical problems. They did take around 20 mins just to take my picture on the day.

priyakat
Newly Registered

Post by priyakat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:52 am

Hi Kerboodle,

Thanks for replying. Yes it's same with me. I finished by 1:30. My number was 21. I hope we receive something today atleast. Please post if you or anyone you know receive any updates. It helps to understand this new system. Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Alex11
Newly Registered

Post by Alex11 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:53 am

Could anyone please confirm if there is Priority or Super priority service for Tier 1 Entrepreneur??
or is it just available to ILR applicants and some others

priyakat
Newly Registered

Post by priyakat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi Alex 11,

I have been told by someone on my day of appointment that there is no super priority service for Tier 1 entrepreneur. It will still take 6 months time. But pls check just in case.
Thanks

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:12 pm

I just came back from my appointment. It was at the London Premium Lounge.

It was for ILR (SET O). Appointment was for 10.30 AM, went in at 10.15 AM, got an agent assigned at 10.45 AM, was out by 11.15 AM. All in all it went OK. Luckily no technical issues as faced by a few here. By the way, finding the place is a little tricky. Its right after 2 Minster Court on Mark Lane, London, with a small red board on the footpath.

Took my bio-metric details (photo, fingerprints, signature), verified the original docs, scanned all pages of the passports and uploaded them. They returned all the documents and retained only the digital copies.

On the next steps, they did not have a clear answer on when UKVI would contact me and let me know of the decision. I told them about the 'Super Priority' service and the 24 hour limit but all I got was 'we are just the people to verify and submit your documents, we can't comment on UKVI timelines'. They said I could be contacted either by email or mail (address on my application) and it could be either with a decision or requesting for more evidence (although the lady did say my documents were in order).

The key thing is they don't know about our application i.e. what type, what circumstances etc. All they have and use is the documents checklist, capture our bio-metrics, verify docs against the checklist and scan/upload any docs if not done already.

Now the waiting begins.

charmy244
Newly Registered

Post by charmy244 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:24 pm

vikm wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:12 pm
I just came back from my appointment. It was at the London Premium Lounge.

It was for ILR (SET O). Appointment was for 10.30 AM, went in at 10.15 AM, got an agent assigned at 10.45 AM, was out by 11.15 AM. All in all it went OK. Luckily no technical issues as faced by a few here. By the way, finding the place is a little tricky. Its right after 2 Minster Court on Mark Lane, London, with a small red board on the footpath.

Took my bio-metric details (photo, fingerprints, signature), verified the original docs, scanned all pages of the passports and uploaded them. They returned all the documents and retained only the digital copies.

On the next steps, they did not have a clear answer on when UKVI would contact me and let me know of the decision. I told them about the 'Super Priority' service and the 24 hour limit but all I got was 'we are just the people to verify and submit your documents, we can't comment on UKVI timelines'. They said I could be contacted either by email or mail (address on my application) and it could be either with a decision or requesting for more evidence (although the lady did say my documents were in order).

The key thing is they don't know about our application i.e. what type, what circumstances etc. All they have and use is the documents checklist, capture our bio-metrics, verify docs against the checklist and scan/upload any docs if not done already.

Now the waiting begins.
Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Do they check and verify your documents in free appointment for ILR for super priority service or you will have to buy their document checking service ?

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Nope I had not bought the document verification service. Did it as part of the super priority booking.

kerboodle
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kerboodle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:06 pm

priyakat wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:52 am
Hi Kerboodle,

Thanks for replying. Yes it's same with me. I finished by 1:30. My number was 21. I hope we receive something today atleast. Please post if you or anyone you know receive any updates. It helps to understand this new system. Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Hi priyakat,

Well it's my understanding now that, the decision is actually going to come through the physical mail. On one of these threads, someone who had their appointment same day as me had the decision come to them in the mail this morning without any prior email confirmation. So i guess we just have to wait and keep our fingers crossed ours come tomorrow in the mail.

priyakat
Newly Registered

Post by priyakat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi Kerboodle,

Thanks for sharing information. Ok i will wait for the
Mail in that case. I was expecting via email and checking crazy each time my phone pings..Its reassuaring however to know someone got decision. Will they be sending BRP and decision letter together via post at same time??
I really hope we get decision real soon.

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi Guys,

I want to share my experience at Sopra Steria Birmingham Centre.
I went to the centre with my wife for SET(O) application (paid for super premium service). We had an appointment scheduled at 12.00. we went 30 minutes early and they took us in.

Upon arrival we were greeted in a friendly manner and made us aware about the process.
They called us in after 15 minutes to check in and 15 minutes later for biometric enrollment. The process was simple and took around 10 minutes to finish. It was 12.15 on the clock.

Now the fun part begins - We waited till 1345 for our turn to verify our documents uploaded.
They took 30 minutes to verify documents and told us my wife made a mistake in enrolling her biometric (which I think was bullshit. The machine which takes your biometric was intelligent enough to decide whether the enrollment is proper or it won't allow you to proceed) and need to redo. We got it done in 15 minutes. They called us again to proceed with the application, they found the previous agent made some mistake on our application and locked it (the person who locked the application went off for the day). They fiddle around and ask for help to every team member. Finally she called manager. Manager couldn't do anything so she asked us if we would like to go home or could wait. We told her we will wait for her to complete the process.

Waited for 1.30 hours, she talked to IT about the issue and informed us that she submitted the application. We so far has not received any confirmation about submission. By the time we leave the complex it was 1600 hours.

If this is the service they will provide then I am happy with previous premium center run by home office. They were more sufficient and organised (and you get decision same day).

Absolutely Gutted!!!

kerboodle
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kerboodle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 pm

priyakat wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 pm
Hi Kerboodle,

Mail in that case. I was expecting via email and checking crazy each time my phone pings..Its reassuaring however to know someone got decision. Will they be sending BRP and decision letter together via post at same time??
this is a good thread to follow regarding other people in our situation. I'm sure they will keep us updated when they get decisions.

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:35 pm

kerboodle wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 pm
priyakat wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 pm
Hi Kerboodle,

this is a good thread to follow regarding other people in our situation. I'm sure they will keep us updated when they get decisions.
Yes please. If any of you get an update on the decision, please comment here with when your appointment was, when you got the decision and how (mail or email)?