ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Doubts

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ogogzy

Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Doubts

Post by ogogzy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi marcnath,
I want to apply for my wife and baby from abroad. I am on entrepreneur extension meaning I have lived in the country for a while now.

Do I have to keep £630 X 2 or £1800x 2?

Thanks

marcnath wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:20 pm
ind2touk wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:51 pm
Thanks Zimba for quick reply.

Q1: Total £2205 [945+630+630]
Just 630 + 630

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Doubts

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Please do not tag your question to other people's post

The answer is £630 x 2
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ogogzy

Post by ogogzy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Thanks for quick reply marcnath and sorry for breaking any rule... So it doesn't matter if both haven't never been to the UK in the past? I am just confused with the guidance that says dependant only qualifies for reduced maintenance funds if they have lived with the main applicant in the UK for the past six/nine months.... I will be very pleased to know if I only need to show £630*2 instead of £1800*2..

Thanks and awaiting your response

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:49 am

ogogzy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 pm
Thanks for quick reply marcnath and sorry for breaking any rule... So it doesn't matter if both haven't never been to the UK in the past? I am just confused with the guidance that says dependant only qualifies for reduced maintenance funds if they have lived with the main applicant in the UK for the past six/nine months.... I will be very pleased to know if I only need to show £630*2 instead of £1800*2..

Thanks and awaiting your response
Could you share where you found this in the guidance ? Please copy and paste the actual paragraph.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ogogzy

Post by ogogzy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Family members of Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Post Study Work) migrants

69. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, you must show that you, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) your other parent have at least £1890 to support you; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove they have enough money to support themselves.

70. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have £630 to support yourself.

71. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as their spouse and two children. They must show that they have £1890 for their spouse and a further £1890 for each child, in addition to £945 required for their own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £6615 in available funds (£1890 x 3 = £5670+£945).

72. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and their family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2835 (£630 x 3 = £1890 + £945) in available funds.

73. If you are applying as the family member of a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant you cannot use the same funds to meet the maintenance requirement that the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) used to meet the attributes requirement (appendix A of the Immigration Rules).

I found the above on page 14 of the PBS dependants guidance policy

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Your interpretation is incorrect. The question is if the Tier 1 migrant (in this YOU) has lived here for more than 12 months then it is £630 per dependat.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:05 am

ogogzy wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm
Family members of Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Post Study Work) migrants

69. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, you must show that you, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) your other parent have at least £1890 to support you; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove they have enough money to support themselves.

70. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have £630 to support yourself.

71. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as their spouse and two children. They must show that they have £1890 for their spouse and a further £1890 for each child, in addition to £945 required for their own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £6615 in available funds (£1890 x 3 = £5670+£945).

72. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and their family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2835 (£630 x 3 = £1890 + £945) in available funds.

73. If you are applying as the family member of a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant you cannot use the same funds to meet the maintenance requirement that the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) used to meet the attributes requirement (appendix A of the Immigration Rules).

I found the above on page 14 of the PBS dependants guidance policy
Nowhere in there does it mention anything about living with the main applicant. Where was that from ?