ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention of right and disability

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Retention of right and disability

Post by max307 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Zizi1 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:17 pm
Well, we didnt have private medical insurance, is there any solution, or what can we do about the situation?
For starters get private medical insurance for yourself and your EU wife, I'm not sure if she will get insured with a preexisting condition but if you are able to get private medical insurance for the two of you at least it will help your case with EU Treaty Rights.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Zizi1
Newly Registered

Post by Zizi1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Thanks max307, I would do that, but if she was studying right now, like enrol for a course, could that help as well?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Zizi1 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:41 pm
Thanks max307, I would do that, but if she was studying right now, like enrol for a course, could that help as well?
That should help but make sure she's not a burden on the social assistance system.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Zizi1
Newly Registered

Post by Zizi1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 pm

But she is in receipt of dla

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Zizi1 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 pm
But she is in receipt of dla
Get some professional legal help.

Zizi1
Newly Registered

Post by Zizi1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:59 pm

I got a letter from INIS this week that my eu fam stamp4 has been revoked, and that I should bring my stamp4 and my passport to the local immigration, it also says i can appeal on an EU4 form, if i dont do all this i tend to face deportation and i have 21 days to get it done, even though they are aware that my spouse is very ill and gets disability benefits, i have sent all her medical history and also letter from my lawyer stating her situation, and they still insist she is not exercising her eu rights, is there anyone that has been in similar situations, and what are my chances ?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Did you applied for retention? I believe You got one similar letter from inis last year aswell, what you respond to that letter? And what they said after your response??

Honestly to me it looks strange, you was still married, yes she was thinking to separate, but still you guys were together.. I believe they found out she's not excersing her treaty rights before you contact them.. probably that's why they revoke..

Zizi1
Newly Registered

Post by Zizi1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:24 pm

No, I didn't apply for retention, we are still married, and she's still living in Ireland, yes she's not exercising her eu treaty right, as I said she is Ill and on disability benefit

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 am

What you respond to them in Nov 2018 when you received first letter? And what department said?

Zizi1
Newly Registered

Post by Zizi1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:09 am

My solicitor told them about her health, and how its affecting her, got her medical history and work history here in Ireland and more letters from the doctors, all the medications she is on, as that's the reason y shes not exercising her eu treaty right, and I sent in my pay slips as I was then working part time, and the next letter I got from them was that they acknowledged everything I sent and that they would get back to me , and i waited for over 2months, and this letter saying that she gets disability benefits and am a dependant on her, and so she has not been exercising her treaty right and my visa is revoked