ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium or priority for main applicant and normal for dependants

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sidrat28
Newly Registered

Premium or priority for main applicant and normal for dependants

Post by sidrat28 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 am

Hello,

In general we should apply for visa renewal together with dependants whether it's normal, priority or premium.

The main applicant can also apply first using priority or premium and once he gets the visa, dependants apply normally.

My question is, can we make two separate applications at the same time where the main applicant goes with premium or priority while dependants go with normal service. This is very helpful when the visa for all of us is expiring very soon and the main applicant wants to start working as soon as possible and avoid the IHS Increase for dependants.

Thank you.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Premium or priority for main applicant and normal for dependants

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:32 pm

sidrat28 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 am
Hello,

In general we should apply for visa renewal together with dependants whether it's normal, priority or premium.

The main applicant can also apply first using priority or premium and once he gets the visa, dependants apply normally.

My question is, can we make two separate applications at the same time where the main applicant goes with premium or priority while dependants go with normal service. This is very helpful when the visa for all of us is expiring very soon and the main applicant wants to start working as soon as possible and avoid the IHS Increase for dependants. Yes you can.

Thank you.
But I don't get your point, because you can keep working if you submit your renew application in time before your visa expired. You are still legal to work when the HO is processing your renewal even beyond the expiry date of your current visa. Therefore you don't need to stop working even your visa expired when your renew is processing by the HO. This is Section 3C leave.

The same also applies to your wife, if she is working as well. She will also legally stay in the UK under Section 3C leave, if she submitted her visa renew in time before her visa expire.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

sidrat28
Newly Registered

Post by sidrat28 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:32 pm
sidrat28 wrote:
Hello,

My question is, can we make two separate applications at the same time where the main applicant goes with premium or priority while dependants go with normal service. This is very helpful when the visa for all of us is expiring very soon and the main applicant wants to start working as soon as possible and avoid the IHS Increase for dependants. Yes you can.

Thank you.
But I don't get your point, because you can keep working if you submit your renew application in time before your visa expired. You are still legal to work when the HO is processing your renewal even beyond the expiry date of your current visa. Therefore you don't need to stop working even your visa expired when your renew is processing by the HO. This is Section 3C leave.

The same also applies to your wife, if she is working as well. She will also legally stay in the UK under Section 3C leave, if she submitted her visa renew in time before her visa expire.
Thank you for the answer, do you know anyone who has succesfully done it please? I am asking because some people are saying it may cause issues without giving much details.

Sorry I forgot to mention that it's for a new contract with a new employer. That's why it is not possible to start working until BRP is received. Correct me if I am wrong please.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:01 am

sidrat28 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:32 pm
sidrat28 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

Thank you for the answer, do you know anyone who has succesfully done it please? I am asking because some people are saying it may cause issues without giving much details. Should not be an issue. But of course, the HO won't make decision of your wife until yours is finalized.

Sorry I forgot to mention that it's for a new contract with a new employer. That's why it is not possible to start working until BRP is received. Correct me if I am wrong please. Yes. You need to wait until the decision is made. If you use premium service, you should have the decision letter to say that you are success or not. If success, you can start to work. You don't need to wait for the new BRP, because your new visa starts on the date of decision made, not the date of BRP arrival.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

sidrat28
Newly Registered

Post by sidrat28 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks you cyclina1, that's very helpful.